#8 waverly vs. #1 Lewis Co.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like this could turn into a dangerous game...seems like the panthers are already over looking the tigers because they did stomp waverly earlier this season...EARLIER!! key word...waverly is much improved and could pull a shocker over lewis county with the attitudes that seem to becoming up, Tigers heres your chance..another game with noone thinking you have even a small chance!!

Why are you saying the panthers are overlooking anybody?They havent all year. Just because LC won the first game doesnt mean they are overlooking Waverly.

Why are you saying the panthers are overlooking anybody?They havent all year. Just because LC won the first game doesnt mean they are overlooking Waverly.

I was wondering the same thing.......also just because someone on a message board maybe overlooking them doesn't mean the team and the coaches are...........if anyone goes off of what they read on a message board they are lost somewhere between here and pluto....

CONGRATULATIONS Waverly players and coaching staff for making it to the show! Anybody that tells you you can't beat LC has not measured your heart. I talk a lot about heart here on CoachT and you have heart...it was evident against Camden.

The scores for SC and Waverly against Camden were remarkably close. Halftime CC 21 Waverly 7. Halftime CC 21 SC 3. Later...CC 42 Waverly 21. Later CC 42 SC 18. Waverly finished their game very strong and were in the game until the end. SC had first and goal on the CC 5 yd line with 9 minutes to go and a score would have made it a 35-25 game. Instead, and interception turned it into 42-18.

Here's the point...giving up the big play or making mistakes killed the both of us. If we can both eliminate mistakes and NOT give up the big play we can both win. You don't make it to the show without earning your spot to be there. Sure, we both know what the "chalk" says. But, like I've said here before, the "chalk" does not measure the heart of a team.

Here is another point that was evident in both of our big games with CC. We both came expecting to win. We were not intimidated. We both showed up and we both left it all on the field.

We expect to see Waverly in the second round. We will accept nothing less!

Let's both go take care of business and represent our Region like we are capable of doing.

WE ARE REGION 7-2A!

CONGRATULATIONS Waverly players and coaching staff for making it to the show! Anybody that tells you you can't beat LC has not measured your heart. I talk a lot about heart here on CoachT and you have heart...it was evident against Camden.

The scores for SC and Waverly against Camden were remarkably close. Halftime CC 21 Waverly 7. Halftime CC 21 SC 3. Later...CC 42 Waverly 21. Later CC 42 SC 18. Waverly finished their game very strong and were in the game until the end. SC had first and goal on the CC 5 yd line with 9 minutes to go and a score would have made it a 35-25 game. Instead, and interception turned it into 42-18.

Here's the point...giving up the big play or making mistakes killed the both of us. If we can both eliminate mistakes and NOT give up the big play we can both win. You don't make it to the show without earning your spot to be there. Sure, we both know what the "chalk" says. But, like I've said here before, the "chalk" does not measure the heart of a team.

Here is another point that was evident in both of our big games with CC. We both came expecting to win. We were not intimidated. We both showed up and we both left it all on the field.

Let's both go take care of business and represent our Region like we are capable of doing.

WE ARE REGION 7-2A!

This is a joke i mean wow waverly scored 18 points agianst camden lets have a stinkin party!!! They still gave up 42. This is crazy! And as for waverly in the second round and accepting nothing less well you don't have to accept it but they wont be there.

/wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> maybe lewis county is way to good /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> but maybe waverly has grown up since that first game. i'll take the latter. Except for the egg the tigers laid against huntigdon, i think the lewis county second half showed them they could play with anyone. after halftime they came out with a different attitude, and it showed in the 3rd qtr. depth hurt them in the fourth. if tigers come out with the intensity that it had against camden and they could make this a good game. got to limit the turnovers and get a break here and there.

WE ARE REGION 7-2A!

Ill take Waverly in a huge upset over Lewis County

Waverly 21

Lewis Co. 20

So, please tell me rednecktiger, who is overlooking who? Look, you don't get to be 10 - 0 by overlooking people. I said it earlier, Waverly will not be overlooked, our quadrant is too loaded to overlook anyone. All these predictions you have been seeing for LC to win are coming from fans of other teams. The LC faithful know it can end at anytime, even when it is not probable, likely, or feasable - thanks to our neighbors from Centerville last year.

What the Tigers should be worried about is preparing the best they can for LC and not hope against hope that the Panthers overlook them. Take a look at our scores all season, after we straightened ourselves out during the first two games - what score indicates to you that we overlooked anyone. I guess we overlooked you the first time, huh.

You would be better served as Waverly fans to concentrate on talking about the game and the players involved because the more you talk about LC overlooking Wavo, the more the LC players read it and refuse to overlook the Tigers.

This is a joke i mean wow waverly scored 18 points agianst camden lets have a stinkin party!!! They still gave up 42. This is crazy! And as for waverly in the second round and accepting nothing less well you don't have to accept it but they wont be there.

42-28. Well, let me clarify for you. First, Waverly scored 28 points. Second, it was Camden 28-21 with 4 minutes to go in the game. Waverly kicks an onside kick where the refs ruled that Waverly touched early. I along with a lot of people don't think they did. They (Waverly) recovered on the Camden 40. Camden took over at midfield and it was third down and Waverly stacked the line to stop the run. The runner went through the line, stumbled and then had it home free for 46 yards and a touchdown. Waverly got the ball back and Camden intercepted it and run it back 42 yards for a touchdown. Waverly scored again and tried another onside to no avail. So, see it was a very close game and the 42 points is kind of a mirage. Waverly outgained Camden 375 yards to 251 for the game. They had three ints, one returned for touchdown, two others giving the ball to Camden inside Waverly's 40. Neither was pressure on qb, all were thrown directly to Camden defender, the reciever cut one way and the qb threw the other. Camden coaches said after game that Waverly played them better than anybody this year besides Milan. We know what Milan has. So don't assume if you don't know.

trust me i know it is going through the players heads...."we stomped them earlier this season we'v got it made first round" you cant say that you wouldnt be thinking that if you were in their shoes...i just hope the coaches stay on top of it and dont let it get that way

I wouldnt say anyone is overlooking wavo as much as they are ,"looking at the big picture".Do i believe that if LC wanted to come out and not get any better at practice and still beat wavo?Yes i do,but do i believe that they could waste this week and get better next week and win?NO not at all, every week counts,and the Panthers will be ready.Wavo is just another team who happens to be in the way of LC proving themselves to everyone.

We may not win, but it won't be 37 points difference this time. It will be a lot closer.

Well papa, things could get interesting on this board the rest of the week. Could be alot of trash talking done, I think the main question is: If the Panthers win, are you going to join us? If you recall, ddaddy and I said it would be great to have a fan like you on our side. Not saying LC will win, but if they do - will you come over to the dark side????