DeKalb County @ McMinn Central

volsrule #1

so your tellin me this central team is better than last years when they did not win a region championship like last years team... and in my opinion central did not play as hard a schedlue this year either so i dont know if this team is better or not.

i think this team can be just as good but there are just missing some key leadership thats it.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you cant really base anything on last years game cause central was missing some key players and we are not playing greenbrier

Greenbrier came in 5th in the region this year. And Greenbrier was not the only team that "whipped" DeKalb last year. While they are improved Greenbrier is rebuilding. DeKalb has reason to be proud, but not to be cocky. McMinn Central was a good team too last year. I will be interested to see how this game turns out.

i think central has more overall talent this year... they just lack the leadership it had last year... just like the bone said... i also think they dont play as hard as they did last year... last years team was out to get respect...

plus the kicker this year isn't as sexy... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

good point....better TEAM without him...just had a bad night...everyone played awful, not just rayl. rayl is a good qb...will help the chargers chances this week, not hurt them.

You may be a better team but not more talented. As a HS football fan I had the chance to see your team play twice this year. I came mostly the first time against Meigs because of the rivalry and my desire to see Jackson play. Man did he put on a offensive show against a terrible Meigs team. Later , as I followed the drama on CoachT, I attended the ER game. Totally different team. You are not better without him. Your QB is not near the threat as Jackson. I will not talk about it again, but you guys need to get out of denial, you are NOT better without him. Good luck in the playoffs.

You may be a better team but not more talented. As a HS football fan I had the chance to see your team play twice this year. I came mostly the first time against Meigs because of the rivalry and my desire to see Jackson play. Man did he put on a offensive show against a terrible Meigs team. Later , as I followed the drama on CoachT, I attended the ER game. Totally different team. You are not better without him. Your QB is not near the threat as Jackson. I will not talk about it again, but you guys need to get out of denial, you are NOT better without him. Good luck in the playoffs.

Great post my thoughts exactly!

BTW Wrecking Crew, I had a post for you on the Howard thread but I saw where you hid for a few days after the game! I quess your computer crashed just like your knowledge of the Howard coaching staff and team. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Great post my thoughts exactly!

BTW Wrecking Crew, I had a post for you on the Howard thread but I saw where you hid for a few days after the game! I quess your computer crashed just like your knowledge of the Howard coaching staff and team. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

We have eaten the humble pie and it taste bitter - I hope this team has learned to focus and play ball. The pressure of being undefeated is off the backs of these kids.

Howard is a deserving champion, and I hope just as me 6+4+3=2, that region 3 can sneak in and win some games this year. I know I am pulling for Polk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seniors take a trip down memory lane, and remember starting when you were 5 and 6 years old. Cherish this last few weeks of your career and remember the thoughts of one night can last a lifetime.

We have eaten the humble pie and it taste bitter - I hope this team has learned to focus and play ball. The pressure of being undefeated is off the backs of these kids.

Howard is a deserving champion, and I hope just as me 6+4+3=2, that region 3 can sneak in and win some games this year. I know I am pulling for Polk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seniors take a trip down memory lane, and remember starting when you were 5 and 6 years old. Cherish this last few weeks of your career and remember the thoughts of one night can last a lifetime.

I hope Region 3 can advance as well. Last sentence wasn't meant to any other person but WC!

Dekalb is better than they have been since the mid 80's. but region is not as good as it has been since the last realignment. I am not sure poteete is a D1 player. but he is a winner and makes players around him better. if MC can put pressure on him and make him hurry or try and scramble they have boys that are just as fast and shifty as he is. should be a good game. neither has won a playoff game with these players. so nerves could come into play.

Dekalb is better than they have been since the mid 80's. but region is not as good as it has been since the last realignment. I am not sure poteete is a D1 player. but he is a winner and makes players around him better. if MC can put pressure on him and make him hurry or try and scramble they have boys that are just as fast and shifty as he is. should be a good game. neither has won a playoff game with these players. so nerves could come into play.

This is one of my points - Dekalb has not been to the playoffs in a while, just as MC last year. MC came out and played not to lose against Greenbrier and played very flat. MC only had a handful of seniors last year and one of the better senior backs did not play. Why do I say this? Leadership. I think there are around 10 seniors on this team, which makes a difference. I don't know how this game will go and not really making a prediction, but I do know MC is very capable of being a very good team. Play to win, don't play not to lose this year.