Cleveland at Maryville

EaglePride1

ClevelandBlueRaider,

That statement kind of reminds me of back in the day after a Chicago Bulls game one night when Jack Haley told a reporter, "yeah, me and Michael (Jordan) combined for 61 tonight."

The boxscore of the game showed that Jordan had 60 and Haley had 1. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Hey, its a true statement!! I told you that yall was going to have fun with me this week! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I heard he is done. Having surgery. No way Parks is better than Tucker at QB. Like I said, IRREPLACEABLE at safety. BIG loss for the Blue Raiders. Maryville by 3 touchdowns.

Parks is better than Tipton at QB, have you seen this Parks kid play QB?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thiz a scirry gaim fer Mairvul....Cleavlund iz loaded wif athleets.....Problee tha tuffest furst round gaim fer Mairvul since we got Hixson in 2000, aftur tha Bullocks twins got healthy....One and dunn seesun iz hear... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree just like when Brainerd came to town about 3 or 4 years ago,you got a big scare then..

First off, I'd like to say congrats to the little ponies, i mean Mustangs /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />.... they took it to us from the start, and deserved that win last night, they wanted it alot more than we did. Man i thought we was going to pound em, run over em, give em a blue raider beat down,& send em to Maryville, but instead they spanked us, out coached us, celebrated on our field, put us on a bus to face "that school with all those championships" /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

and you Rhea County fans jus eat this up huh?? its all good though. Yall can root against us, but I'll be rooting for you guys the rest of the way. I love you guys /wub.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" /> Congrats on the 4-4A C-Ship.

I'm excited at the oppurtunity to play the Mighty Mighty Rebles, or should I say "The Maryville Dynasty", umm that sounds pretty good huh? The Maryville Dynasty! Well now the season really starts, and we get the first crack at The Maryville Dynasty. I think this is a game that we have a shot at winning, we will have to play the best that we have played all year. Well Rebel fans you guys have weeklong date with me, and when it comes to CoachT, i'm the #1 seed /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />, its goin to be 1 fun week!! Best of luck to the Raiders and the rest of 4-4A, and The Dynasty and the rest of 3-4A

All I can say is take it to them it's do or die!

Alright Blue Raider fans, tell me what to expect friday night. I have not seen Cleveland play since 2002. I believe Benny Monroe was still coaching there in 02. Who is the current coach? Who are the athletes to watch?

There is a little bit of history between these two schools. Benny Monroe was an assistant under Ted Wison at Maryville in the 70's. Maryville beat Cleveland for their first State Championship in 1970, 42-14 in a game played at Loudon. Maryville beat Cleveland 17-14 in the semi-finals and beat BA for the State Championship in 1976. Cleveland head coach, Danny Wilson, was the starting quarterback on the first Heritage team to ever beat Maryville. They beat Maryville 11-0 in 1982. Later that same year, Cleveland ended Maryville's season in the 2nd round of the playoffs by beating the Red Rebels 26-6 @ Cleveland. Cleveland made it to the championship game in 1982 and lost 7-0 to Brentwood Academy.

In 1993 and 1994 Cleveland put a couple of beatdowns on Maryville. In 1993 they beat Maryville 70-28. In 1994 they beat Maryville 42-6. I believe they were in the same district in 1993-1994. Cleveland went on to win the State Championship in 1993 and 1994. Cleveland also won it in 1995.

Maryville ended Cleveland's season in the 2nd round of the playoffs 39-27 in 1999 and in the 3rd round of the playoffs 40-14 in 2002. Maryville went on to beat Hillsboro for the State Championship in 2002.

GO RED REBELS BEAT THE BLUE RAIDERS

Just a side note: the team that has won this game has always went on to win the state championship.

and we dont worship eagles, we worship God.

NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND! See my above post. Cleveland won "this" game in 1982 and lost to BA in the Championship. Maryville won "this" game in 1999 and did not win the championship.

We like God in Blount County also...

I don't know who I want to win this game..

It would be nice to have Maryville out of the way but then it will have been cleveland that did it when we could have a chance. However, it would be nice to have a rematch against cleveland when we have j.t. and a.j.

The loss of those two hurt our secondary badly in the first game and the backups got scored on a lot. Mainly the safety. Either way I'm thinking this will be a good 1st round game and I think I'm going to pull for cleveland to get maryville out of the way. If tucker tipton is really hurt I think it could hurt their chances but I haven't looked at any back-ups so I could be wrong.

NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND! See my above post. Cleveland won "this" game in 1982 and lost to BA in the Championship. Maryville won "this" game in 1999 and did not win the championship.

We love and worship God in Rhea County, too. However, we don't take message boards so literally here. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

well gosh, i guess i was wrong, but i didn't look anything up, i was just throwing something out there.