Cleveland at Maryville

EaglePride1

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Danny Wilson is 2-0 vs George Quarles.How many other coaches can say that? Wilson played at Heritage and coached there.

In 1999 George Quarles started his 1st season as Head Coach. Maryville and Heritage both started out 2-0 that year. Heritage went to Maryville and whipped Maryville 26-21. Maryville finished 10-3 that year.

In 2000 Maryville started out 0-4 that year then went on an unbelieveable run to win state. One of those losses was a butt kicking from Heritage 28-0. It could have been worse. From that Heritage game to now Maryville is 123-3. If anyone would have told me that would happen I would have said they were on crack. At that time I was telling people Maryville would go 0-10. Quarles sold me bigtime that year.

If Tucker was playing I would have given Cleveland a chance. But since he's injured and Parks not having enough "snaps" I'm going to have to go with the Rebels on this one. Could this also spell the end for Coach Wilsons job at Cleveland? The last five or six years Cleveland hasn't made it past the 1st round...Just something to think about?

Sir, I don't think you'll have to worry about that. Maryville will have to play well to beat Cleveland this year. Mistakes will spell defeat for ether team and I am glad the game is at the home of the champions.

I like the fact MHS seems pretty healthy this post season for a change.

I think it was the 2002 contest where MHS went to cleveland and was bannged up pretty bad, but Cleveland made their share of mistakes and Maryville turned the game into a beat down.

On top of that I think it was like 20 degrees outside that night! Tough on both teams.

put down the crack pipe man . The REBELS will play well.

Looking forward to a Competitive game. Weather conditions may even the playing field. Weather effected the Rebels last loss and the scare with Brainard. Ball Control will be the Key!

To all Blue Raider fans we are anxious to see that World Class Blue Raiders Band again. Get here early to get a good seat. Don't worry about supper, eat here and help our band. We'll have Chick-fil-A sandwiches and Papa Johns Pizza and Chili dogs available in concessions. Our band is scheduled to march (as ya'll did last year) in the Philadelphia Thanksgiving Day parade. Any help you could bring our way by buying concessions would be greatly appreciated. By the way, Great website on myspace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendID=97728592

Ya'll bring a huge crowd, this could be a Classic!

Not as much talk about this game as I would have expected. I've been to the Cleveland/Bradley County area many times, and it is about the same size metro area as the Maryville/Alcoa/Blount County area, so I know more than a few fans have should have computers. I noticed throughout the year that there hasn't been much talk on Cleveland threads. Are you all just a real serious bunch, or do you just have your game faces on. We have some real serious Maryville posters. STARSNBARS is our most serious. He is sort of a cross between Karl Childers and Goober Pyle. He is real serious about recruiting and good garbage service.

Any questions about whether to take US411 or come up I-75? Where to eat? Where to spend the night if you want to see Townsend and Cades Cove on Saturday. All these questions and more can be answered by the odd collection of Maryville (and other Blount County) posters.

Drive safe.

Cleveland only has about 3 fans on here. Their other 10 fans post on some "other" message board.

As for the Aaron Douglas discussion in the thread that got closed, I saw Brandon McLeroy line up at DE and do whatever he wanted to to Douglas over the past two years. No doubt in my mind that McLeroy was and is the better player.

Cleveland only has about 3 fans on here. Their other 10 fans post on some "other" message board.

As for the Aaron Douglas discussion in the thread that got closed, I saw Brandon McLeroy line up at DE and do whatever he wanted to to Douglas over the past two years. No doubt in my mind that McLeroy was and is the better player.

As I said earlier...didn't happen. McLeroy is a good player but he didn't line up versus Douglas. Maybe a bit less of the crack pipe would be better or take off those green tainted glasses....... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

As I said earlier...didn't happen. McLeroy is a good player but he didn't line up versus Douglas. Maybe a bit less of the crack pipe would be better or take off those green tainted glasses....... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

He did. Unless that was another 6'8 guy wearing number 88.

Get your facts straight.

I agree with super, I hope Coach Wilson stays there as long as he wants.