Sullivan South Rebels host Cherokee Chiefs

JDRebel

Looks like it's you and me, Wildcat---where's RebelGirleyMan and Howsitgoing?

They must have strapped a good one on this weekend. Hair of the Dog, Baby!!!

I'm here! And I mean business. I want the first Cherokee fan who has the mettle to spar with me. I don't care who you are, as long as you claim yourself as a Cherokee Chief. Tell me you guys have a chance. Just a little bit of a chance, so I can tell you how bad of a beatdown you're gonna get! I'll go ahead and score the argument. Rebelrebelman 1 - Annonymous Chiefs fan 0.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NOT a cherokee fan. But here's a little preview.

From what I've seen:

Cherokee is very very physical, but that's about all i can say for them. They hit like crazy people...but they have trouble moving the ball. Not a very dominant running game, and they only have one good receiver...#5 I'm pretty sure. As long as you match their intensity and be physical, this will be ugly. I'm calling nothing short of 42-14...maybe worse. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I think we proved Friday night vs THS that we are Physical, as well. Do you think they are more intense and physical than the Vikes?

Don't count out the REAL gal in the bunch! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Our BOYZ kicked it in on Friday! I'm looking forward to a home game and lots of tailgate fun before the beat down....anyone else in? Us Taylors have a lot to celebrate these days-

Go Rebs-

BobbyMama

Don't count out the REAL gal in the bunch! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Our BOYZ kicked it in on Friday! I'm looking forward to a home game and lots of tailgate fun before the beat down....anyone else in? Us Taylors have a lot to celebrate these days-

Go Rebs-

BobbyMama

Guess there won't be any crow sauce because they ran out of it during the third quarter of the TN High game. From what I heard, Cap had to make a special trip to Wal-Mart for some more. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> I just want to see Cap post so I can read his new signature again. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Keep it real guys! I know we didn't open the tool box against the Vikings, and I know if we had it would have been an embarresment, but still we need to stay focused on Dominoe. Cherokee is Dominoe #1. They returned 10 starters half skill/half line. They played MoEast tough. I don't know much else. I don't think they have a chance in Hades' either but still we need to focus. We all know what we got but all you got to do is go to the Henry County thread and read a bit. You'd think the Blue Cross Bowl has already been played. We don't want to go there. One game at a time to make sure we get our shot.

Don't want to take everybody's celebration away 'cause it was a good thing in that it gave them real concrete evidence that they can rock-n-roll. We knew that. And I only want to reinforce that. BUT, let's make sure we keep it rolling. So let's strap it on again and prove who we are and not get carried away in the moment. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

I think we proved Friday night vs THS that we are Physical, as well. Do you think they are more intense and physical than the Vikes?

Honestly, yes i do think they are more physical than the vikings. Some of that physicality has to do with their style of play...(cough*DIRTYDIRTYDIRTY*cough). /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

However, i believe the rebels will match that style of play with their own style and take it to em. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Cherokee #21, #5, and #10 with #10 being the most elusive/fast. Not much of a passing game, at least not last Friday ( 0-3 with 1 INT, 0 yds ), but in the past I have seen that the Chief QB can throw fairly well.

#11 on defense is solid, #32 pretty good as well.

My son plays at Volunteer and I don't understand the "dirty play" comment about Cherokee. usually the Hawkins County SuperBowl gets pretty dirty, but this year and last it was down right civil. Only one unsportsmanlike call and it was on Cherokee's coach I believe. Volunteer spotted Cherokee 12 points with two bad snaps on punts, leaving them with a one yard field and a seven yard field. South has too many weapons for the Chiefs IMO but don't look past them just yet or they might give you a scare for awhile.

I say South 42 Cherokee 20.

Good luck to both, stay healthy.

South - 44

Cherokee - 0

At halftime

My guess is get up by 35 and play the JV because round 2 looks like a decent challenge game for the rebs. I'm still upset that I gave wildcat 21 and TN High and now I gotta buy the little /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> a dr pepper....grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

My guess is get up by 35 and play the JV because round 2 looks like a decent challenge game for the rebs. I'm still upset that I gave wildcat 21 and TN High and now I gotta buy the little /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> a dr pepper....grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Victory is sweet!!! I still don't understand the reasoning as to why TN High went for 2 but I'll take it. I need that Dr. Pepper to go with my /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />