MidTennFootball

1st Round  

47 members have voted

1. 1. 1st Round

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oakland, do NOT take this one as a gimme. If you check the scores last Friday you will find this is the same WC that just BEAT a good Cookeville team.

Also remember from here on it is lose and you turn in your pads.

Good post LOD! Also, this team played Ensworth a heck of a game too! Ensworth pulled ahead late, but it was 15-7 midway through the third quarter. The O-Line coach and D.C. have done a good job this year getting the most out of the players with the lack of experience.

Pioneer fans need to show up in the Boro Friday night and help our team as they battle one of the best teams in the state!

Oaklands coaching staff has really done an exceptional job of turning things around there.

i saw the game between w.c. and cookeville the score should have been worse w.c. dominated the O-line..This was the worst cookeville team in years.But i think Oakland wins this one big...

Actually Cookeville has a great team..But Warren County was better "ON THAT NIGHT". Oakland better not take this one for granted. I think that was Cookeville's problem.

Go Pioneers!!!!

I think it is fairly humourous that pretty much the majority feels that the potential is there for Oakland to overlook Warren County, this is the playoffs, there is no looking ahead, because you have no idea who your next opponent will be and how you will match up to him, in this area, you overlook teams, you go home. It's not like Oakland has been a regular in the playoffs the last few years, it has been a struggle for them the last 5 years and while their record says they maybe a great team, the overall product leaves a little to be desired.. Yes, Oakland did well against the Pioneers in a SCRIMMAGE, but it was just that, a scrimmage. What Oakland will see in film study is a team that is much improved and beat a very legitimate Cookeville team.

What Warren Co. does on offense does play to Oakland's strength and I feel they will need to move the ball on Oakland thru the air to at least keep Oakland from cheating up on the line of scrimmage. Has not been Oakland's MO to blow teams out, but it certainly would be nice, although I am not counting on it.

'ANY' team that is capable of hanging with Ensworth this year is a danger. I watched Ensworth beat MBA and they maybe the BEST in the State right now.

What killed WC is the lack of depth as it is for alot of teams in the state.

Like I said before, DO NOT overlook WC! In the playoffs you lose and you are watching basketball because your season is OVER!

'ANY' team that is capable of hanging with Ensworth this year is a danger. I watched Ensworth beat MBA and they maybe the BEST in the State right now.

What killed WC is the lack of depth as it is for alot of teams in the state.

Like I said before, DO NOT overlook WC! In the playoffs you lose and you are watching basketball because your season is OVER!

Other teams my overlook their first round opponents, but it shall not be the Patriots.

W.C. WILL BEAT OAKLAND 28-14 OAKLAND IS OVERRATED

Tell that to Siegel, Smyrna and Wilson Central. Oakland sure as hades does not win pretty, but more often than not, they found the will to win 9 time out of 10. Our talent wont blow you off the field, but you WILL NOT find a team that fights play after play, harder than the Patriots. If WC wins, it will be because they plan an outstanding game, and at the end of the day, the will know they had been through heck and back for 4 quarters. I would advise that they try to throw the ball, it is awfully hard to run on the Patriots, or score for that matter.