Playoff Programs

I was taking a stroll around the TSSAA website this morning looking at the playoff brackets and information and I noticed this message:

-----------

# Programs for the football playoffs will no longer be supplied and shipped by TSSAA. All schools may produce a playoff program by using the provided template (Click here for the template). This will create an 8-page program. It is the host school's responsibility to get the roster for the host school and the visiting school and an updated copy of the bracket in their classification off the TSSAA website. The programs can then be printed either at school or a copy center (Kinko's, Office Max, Staples, etc.). It will be the responsibility of the host school to secure program sellers. All programs should be sold for $2.00 and the host school will retain all of the money. No other programs may be produced or sold at the playoff games.

-----------

So, now the TSSAA isn't going to supply a program to the schools, the schools have to get them ready as well as pay to get them ready themselves. At least the schools get to keep all of the money. That's something I'm surprised the T$$AA does. However; if you look at the template provided, the TSSAA already has it set where they have sold the ads in the program (Gatorade, Blue Cross, playoff T-shirts).

My main gripe though is that in the past you could get one program to last through the whole playoffs as it had every team and every roster listed. Now you have to get a separate program for each game. I guess since they are cheaper though then the people who go to one or 2 games won't be out any extra money.

I'll get off of my soap box now.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was taking a stroll around the TSSAA website this morning looking at the playoff brackets and information and I noticed this message:

-----------

# Programs for the football playoffs will no longer be supplied and shipped by TSSAA. All schools may produce a playoff program by using the provided template (Click here for the template). This will create an 8-page program. It is the host school's responsibility to get the roster for the host school and the visiting school and an updated copy of the bracket in their classification off the TSSAA website. The programs can then be printed either at school or a copy center (Kinko's, Office Max, Staples, etc.). It will be the responsibility of the host school to secure program sellers. All programs should be sold for $2.00 and the host school will retain all of the money. No other programs may be produced or sold at the playoff games.

-----------

So, now the TSSAA isn't going to supply a program to the schools, the schools have to get them ready as well as pay to get them ready themselves. At least the schools get to keep all of the money. That's something I'm surprised the T$$AA does. However; if you look at the template provided, the TSSAA already has it set where they have sold the ads in the program (Gatorade, Blue Cross, playoff T-shirts).

My main gripe though is that in the past you could get one program to last through the whole playoffs as it had every team and every roster listed. Now you have to get a separate program for each game. I guess since they are cheaper though then the people who go to one or 2 games won't be out any extra money.

I'll get off of my soap box now.

Thanks for the heads up. We were not aware of the change. I would assume this is replacing the Murphy Fair program.

I for one am glad they are doing this...Camden has been the "Blue and Gold" /wacko.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" /> since 2003 according to Murphy Fair and I know that was only one of the many, many typos in the playoff programs. It only took them 4 years to finally get it right last year. I'm sure the host schools will be a little more careful to get the info right.