Oak Ridge Football

coach1076

Hey guys as a fan of East TN high school football & someone who has never been a part of but always respected Oak Ridge football even in my playing days at a rival school, I was wondering what will go on this off season. Im not asking for any coach bashing or why a change should be made. Just wondering if it looks like a change will be made? or if the admin at Oak Ridge will give Stevens another year to try & build it back. If you look at any of my post you will see that I defended Stevens in the off season last year so please dont think that I am trying to stir the pot or get anything started against him.

If Stevens is still the coach what will be coming back next year personel wise? Will he make any changes or additions to his staff? Will he try a new offensive system since they didnt produce last season?

Once again just looking for some info, no matter which way they go I wish the Cats luck in the future & return to prominence. They were what every high school in east TN strived to be & I have no doubt that they will soon be again.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This stuff runs in cycles. Some longer/ some shorter. I can remember Bradley walking all over Ooltewah and now it's just opposite. After the great red Bank teams they are down this year. Cleveland in the 90's had outstanding teams and now can not get past the first round and this year got beat by Walker Valley putting them 4th in the region. After being up for the last couple years, Polk is a little down. All teams rise and fall eventually

Hey guys as a fan of East TN high school football & someone who has never been a part of but always respected Oak Ridge football even in my playing days at a rival school, I was wondering what will go on this off season. Im not asking for any coach bashing or why a change should be made. Just wondering if it looks like a change will be made? or if the admin at Oak Ridge will give Stevens another year to try & build it back. If you look at any of my post you will see that I defended Stevens in the off season last year so please dont think that I am trying to stir the pot or get anything started against him.

If Stevens is still the coach what will be coming back next year personel wise? Will he make any changes or additions to his staff? Will he try a new offensive system since they didnt produce last season?

Once again just looking for some info, no matter which way they go I wish the Cats luck in the future & return to prominence. They were what every high school in east TN strived to be & I have no doubt that they will soon be again.

Regardless of the coaching situation, same or new, the off season conditioning and weight program must be much better then last year. Players need to be stronger and in better shape. Too many cramps in the early games, too big a bellies on linemen, some got gassed easy. All the way back to Neyland, strength and conditioning are the key to better teams, especially in the 4th Quarter. Spring practice must be much better then last year, with two good scrimmages, and all the players intending on playing in the fall there and some new ones out of the hallways too, get numbers up from in the 40s last spring to at least 70-80 this spring. Find the sleepers, they can help. Establish an offense and defense and stick with it, find out who can play and be ready for fall. Be more physical, especially on the lines, and if so, 4-6 will only be a memory.

Stevens won't even show up for the weekly radio show or take calls from the community. When is the last time he took questions from the media? He has no respect from the players, parents, fellow teachers, students or community. Heck, when 150 fans show up for a home game you know you've hit bottom. It's time to Buck Up and move on.

Ram Dad

Regardless of the coaching situation, same or new, the off season conditioning and weight program must be much better then last year. Players need to be stronger and in better shape. Too many cramps in the early games, too big a bellies on linemen, some got gassed easy. All the way back to Neyland, strength and conditioning are the key to better teams, especially in the 4th Quarter. Spring practice must be much better then last year, with two good scrimmages, and all the players intending on playing in the fall there and some new ones out of the hallways too, get numbers up from in the 40s last spring to at least 70-80 this spring. Find the sleepers, they can help. Establish an offense and defense and stick with it, find out who can play and be ready for fall. Be more physical, especially on the lines, and if so, 4-6 will only be a memory.

I think you need to support this team no matter what their record is. I went to every game at Clinton when they were 1-9, 2-8, 4-6. Its amazing how many fans can fill the stands when a team is winning, but lose a few games and watch alot of fans stop coming to the games. Oak Ridge will turn things around in my opinion and will be back on top before you know it. It just might take another year or two.