Maryville-D.B.

STARSNBARS

Posted by STARSNBARS:

Unfortunately the injury did occur on a late hit. Rouse was hit late, fell over one of his blockers awkwardly and tore his ACL. The play resulted in a personal foul on the DB player. Go Rebs.

That honeslty and truly makes me sick and angry. I've never played football, I'm a baseball guy, but I have watched a ton of football games in my life...and the one thing i hate more than anything is cheap crap like that. Not only is a late hit dirty, and cowardly...but it can result in serious damage like what happened to Rouse. I don't even know the guy, and Maryville is one of Motown West's newest rivals...but when stuff like this comes to the forefront, rivals does not even come in to question. I mean a kid busts his butt in the whole offseason, works is butt off on the field, and it is taken away by a coward and unsportsmanlike jerk. I wish the Maryville Red Rebels the best of luck, and I hope that the Dobyns-Bennett player & team have a horrible season...because they deserve it after crap like that. Good Luck Maryville!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...I am not going to put curses on anyone but I agree with you, that was uncalled for, if he could help it. Alex worked his butt off for that starting job and he really didn't have to. Everyone, juat about, knew he had it locked, but still he worked and got a little bit faster and a lot stronger and we will miss that cannon he calls an arm. He had a great option last night that fooled everyone in the stadium, me included, and he bursted up the sideline, too fast for the DB defenders. I was going crazy, I almost dropped my flag! I don't hate DB for what happened, it was cheap yes, but some things just can't be prevented!

Guest kingsportindian

Hey maryville fan, the so called late hit wasn't one at all. Maybe you should learn your referees signals. The penalty was called for a blow to the face as the de had his hands up as he hit him. Not a late hit so dont pull the unsportsmanlike crap. And as for your line except for the center their all wusses that chop everytime.

gee kingsportindian is everyone up your way into name calling? if those wuss linemen chop every play like you say you are the first one in three years to mention it because most are seniors who have played regularly since they were in tenth grade. and it has never been brought up before. but good luck to you guys anyway. you always have a good season. until the playoffs start.

Ya know the way I remember it is no matter how badly you were blocked it took 3+ players to bring down Carl Stewart, and 2+ to bring down both Antonio Byner and Chris McCord. You coudln't have been completely chop blocked because they were being drug for 5+ yards everytime we carried the ball. Hmm...most Maryville fans seem to remember it being a late hit, but you go on believing what you want because its not going to change jack, Rouse is still hurt and despite that we tore up your first string with our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd strings! I'm not going to put you guys down, but you need to stop making excuses because its pretty sad when sophmore lineman block you and you can't get to the quarterback!

I wish rouse all the luck in the world and Maryville has a great program. However, after coaching against and watching a ton of film on Maryville they are one of the dirtiest teams around. The fans talk and act like there poor little Maryville boys are so innocent but that is simply not the case. :x

Don't get me wrong I respect the Maryville Program. They are definitly one of top 5 in state. But they do more trash talking, chop blocking(not cut blocking), after the whistle shoving, and borderline hits than any other team. Some of it is aggressive play that is what makes them so good. But a lot of it is just plain cheap. REDREB learn to take a little criticism.

Posted by cowboys:

Don't get me wrong I respect the Maryville Program. They are definitly one of top 5 in state. But they do more trash talking, chop blocking(not cut blocking), after the whistle shoving, and borderline hits than any other team. Some of it is aggressive play that is what makes them so good. But a lot of it is just plain cheap. REDREB learn to take a little criticism.

I am fine with criticism, but what you are saying is just plain NOT TRUE and I think you have a negative bias when it comes to our program.

Coach Quarles and Coach Ellis,(Line Coach),just will not put up with the kind of play.

I have been around the program and have a son that plays, and I've known and seen these "little boys" play since they were nine years old. You will not find a finer group of young men anywhere, and I think their accomplishments say something very special about them.

Have there been players who get out of line from time to time, sure, (some have been asked off the team), but as a program Maryville is TOTAL CLASS on the field and off.