HERITAGE MOUNTAINEERS FOOTBALL

scoot91

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started a thread on GA board...lets see what they have to say.....

Georgia Varsity Sports Vent

Just a thought here...Whenever some one says 'It's not about the money....It's about the money'.

Im not real sure he is intrested in the Heritage job. I wished he was but I think he may have been visiting old players and attending the UT game. He would bring a lot to a program like Heritage. He is a great strength and conditioning type coach and very disciplined. Thats just what Heritage needs.

I have been watching your posts and it seems that more and more people are looking at coaches from outside of the blount county area and as a former student and player at H.H.S. who has moved away the thing that you are missing is the only coaches that have ever been successful at Heritage are coaches that have ties to the school. From what I have read their are plenty of qualified coaches that do have a history at Heritage. Some of those coaches are Jon Mcbrayer, Jon Young, Mike Pearson, Shane Rewis. Mike White is a very good assistant at Maryville and he would be qualified becuse of his history in Blount County and I know that his father raised him up to be a Head Coach. The landscape of football in blount county is like no other place and an outsider will be at a disadvantage and they will only use this job as a stepping stone. Mike Pearson is the guy that has the most to offer if you check out his history of rebuilding programs such as the baseball program at william blount and the softball program at Pigeon Forge and the success he has had as an Ofensive Coordinator at w.b. and South Greene. Whenever he has had responsibillity he has been successful. The other thing I think is a positive about coach Pearson is his positive attitude and ability to motivate kids and get the max. out of each player involved. Jon Mcbrayer may not have had a good record at Union County but he did get them to the playoffs.

I have been watching your posts and it seems that more and more people are looking at coaches from outside of the blount county area and as a former student and player at H.H.S. who has moved away the thing that you are missing is the only coaches that have ever been successful at Heritage are coaches that have ties to the school. From what I have read their are plenty of qualified coaches that do have a history at Heritage. Some of those coaches are Jon Mcbrayer, Jon Young, Mike Pearson, Shane Rewis. Mike White is a very good assistant at Maryville and he would be qualified becuse of his history in Blount County and I know that his father raised him up to be a Head Coach. The landscape of football in blount county is like no other place and an outsider will be at a disadvantage and they will only use this job as a stepping stone. Mike Pearson is the guy that has the most to offer if you check out his history of rebuilding programs such as the baseball program at william blount and the softball program at Pigeon Forge and the success he has had as an Ofensive Coordinator at w.b. and South Greene. Whenever he has had responsibillity he has been successful. The other thing I think is a positive about coach Pearson is his positive attitude and ability to motivate kids and get the max. out of each player involved. Jon Mcbrayer may not have had a good record at Union County but he did get them to the playoffs.

When was Pearson the OC at WB? When Steve Gordon was there? They were terrible during those years. And Charlie Puleo was the one who really got the WB baseball team to the place it is today. When did he coach baseball at WB? Simerly was there for YEARS before Puleo.

coach Pearson was on the staff when W.B. went to the play-offs for the first time in school history in 1993 and he was the head coach the charlie replaced. Coach Pearson was assistant baseball coach with Coach White in 1991-92 and became the Head Coach in 93-94 and played Farragut for the district championship in 94. Granted charlie took it to the next level when coach Pearson went to Heritage as assistant football coach with Jim Moore in 1994. H.H.S. was his alma matre and he took the opportunity. He has told me that that was a mistake to go back that early in his career. Hopefully the path he has taken to reach this point has been beneficial and he will get the opportunity that he so badly desires.

...the thing that you are missing is the only coaches that have ever been successful at Heritage are coaches that have ties to the school. From what I have read their are plenty of qualified coaches that do have a history at Heritage. Some of those coaches are Jon Mcbrayer, Jon Young, Mike Pearson, Shane Rewis. The landscape of football in blount county is like no other place and an outsider will be at a disadvantage and they will only use this job as a stepping stone. Mike Pearson is the guy that has the most to offer if you check out his history...

Pearson has a history of not staying in one place very long for whatever reason.

If they did hire him it would be confusing to have Chip and Flip... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Unbelievable! Flip Pearson and Jon McBrayer! If Coach Fuller hires one of them, he needs to be fired! I think he is smarter than that. They both left when they got past up for certain coaching jobs and both of them were fired by different head coaches. Danny Wilson fired Flip and Lane Corum fired Jon. If they could be an asset to Heritage they would still be there!

Unbelievable! Flip Pearson and Jon McBrayer! If Coach Fuller hires one of them, he needs to be fired! I think he is smarter than that. They both left when they got past up for certain coaching jobs and both of them were fired by different head coaches. Danny Wilson fired Flip and Lane Corum fired Jon. If they could be an asset to Heritage they would still be there!

I concur.

Mr. Fuller should go after David Sweetland, just like Hamilton went after Kiffen! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

hcaoc.....That 'un wood bee a good choice....Butt eye thank Sweet mite bee tha hair apparunt ovur at Farrah-Gut, when 'st Coach Courtney hangs hit up......... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Trent Lenear said he would do it for free...... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

APB....If 'un Coach Trent could git Randy two give peptalks and add inn a few "whoooooooooooooooos".....and harr Rebullsman away frum tha Southerners.....and git Rainbow Heatherly two come out ov retarrmint.....Tha Mountain-Ears wood bee ontwo sumthin...... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />