District 14A...the best in the state?

volfan007

Trenton is going to be HORRIBLE this year! All they return is Korensky Simpson and he may have averaged 5 PPG if that! They lost Whitby, Vaughan, Miller, Yancy.... there goes all of their points right there..... I think ya'll might be putting Trenton on up there a bit. Honestly take a look at what they lost and what they return. Then you'll really think about having them at #4. I'll say they'll finish about 6th-7th

Heard from a fairly reliable source that Trenton is a LOT better than people are expecting...There's a lot of athletes in Trenton, same as Humboldt...Also around the same enrollment....They'll have athletes like always..

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14A is the best boys district in the state in Class A and has been for the last 3 years. Lake County could have probably won a Gold Ball in the last 3 years had Union City and Humboldt not been in Class A and they never made it to state.

Dont bet the house but here is my opinion on the district.

Humboldt

Lake County

Union City

Trenton

Greenfield

Dresden

Halls

Bradford

South Fulton

Gleason

I AGRE COMPLETLY MAY BE BETTER YHAN MOST AA

Red,I dont think that Halls will be that high.I put them about 7th or 8th.They lost everybody that got time last year,and Big Ced transferred to Dyer Co.I got Bradford and Greenfield picked ahead of them,with them fighting it out with Dresden for 7th.I also got UC winning the district with Humboldt and LC following.The only team that could play in this district and compete is Temple.Culleoka cant.They lost to Middleton last year,and you know what UC did to Middleton,and they lost their best player in Demario Williams.

I never missed a Halls game last year and I can assure you big Ced wasn't that impressive.

I don't know if you ever saw him play and while he did improve over the past two years, he simply won't

be missed that much at Halls. He did lose weight, which helped tremendously, but as I said, he has a long

way to go!

i agree red...i kept flipping UC and LC at the 2 and 3 but decided on UC at the #2 spot because of coaching

You may should put Humboldt down at the #2 or 3 spot because of the same thing ...coaching..And because they don't seem to have the guards...Lake Co is holding up it's 14A status outside of the district without the football players...Lake Co beat Middle College last night 84-79 with a very small lineup...With the exception of Russel Avery ..all of them are about 5'7 to maybe 5'9...Have scored 84 and 82 points in the first two games...Getting the ball down the floor hasn't been a problem for Lake Co so far..As a matter of fact..Lake Co has found three or 4 players that I wasn't even counting on this year to even play..Now a couple of them may push for a starting job ...The Giles kid...Leron Garrett..I believe #15...don't know who he is...but he is doing a very good job...And the Hockett kid that some of the Gibson Co thought could really shoot the ball has a good shot from outside...So...based on what I think...Russell Avery and Patrick Robertson are probably the only sure starters...I look for Carlos Young because of his speed..but I hear Cris Rogers.one of the football players may start..then you have Ricky Boyd,Raphael Tyler,and maybe Dominic Kimble and 6'6 Josh Bledsoe...I had Leron Garett and Carlos Young as the starters with the other starter being Raphael Tyler or Josh Bledsoe...So now it could be any of those players..Everyone knows Carlos Young is quick as they come..from football ...but Leron Garett ..the Giles kid and number #15 is right there with him..And if Dominic and Ricky Boyd plays..speed definitely won't be a problem..!

I never missed a Halls game last year and I can assure you big Ced wasn't that impressive.

I don't know if you ever saw him play and while he did improve over the past two years, he simply won't

be missed that much at Halls. He did lose weight, which helped tremendously, but as I said, he has a long

way to go!

He'll be more impressive because of his supporting cast of players around him...Lot of difference playing for Halls and then going to Dyer County and playing....

This district is top heavy...Usually of late it's had four to five good teams but this year the thought is it only has three good teams...Humboldt, Lake County and Union City.....

I'll see Trenton on Monday night when they play Obion Central....These two played in the summer with Peabody coming out on top in a close game...OC didn't have Nick Gilliam all summer because of an ankle injury..Trenton shoots from anywhere on the court...OC has been playing good defense so far but hasn't shot the ball well..They'll need to continue the defense,especially on the perimeter..

This district is top heavy...Usually of late it's had four to five good teams but this year the thought is it only has three good teams...Humboldt, Lake County and Union City.....

I'll see Trenton on Monday night when they play Obion Central....These two played in the summer with Peabody coming out on top in a close game...OC didn't have Nick Gilliam all summer because of an ankle injury..Trenton shoots from anywhere on the court...OC has been playing good defense so far but hasn't shot the ball well..They'll need to continue the defense,especially on the perimeter..

Looks like Trenton isn't having trouble scoring..I saw that Trenton beat West Carrol 102-96...And a lot of people in another post seem to think West Carrol could push for the #2 or 3 spot if they were in Dist.14A...Maybe it's just like other years...With Trenton and Greenfield being in the mix..Not saying these teams will beat Union City or Humboldt...but with Trenton beating the supposedly #1 team in the other district ...some think it could be Big Sandy though!Shows that District 14A has several quality teams this year !

You may should put Humboldt down at the #2 or 3 spot because of the same thing ...coaching..And because they don't seem to have the guards...Lake Co is holding up it's 14A status outside of the district without the football players...Lake Co beat Middle College last night 84-79 with a very small lineup...With the exception of Russel Avery ..all of them are about 5'7 to maybe 5'9...Have scored 84 and 82 points in the first two games...Getting the ball down the floor hasn't been a problem for Lake Co so far..As a matter of fact..Lake Co has found three or 4 players that I wasn't even counting on this year to even play..Now a couple of them may push for a starting job ...The Giles kid...Leron Garrett..I believe #15...don't know who he is...but he is doing a very good job...And the Hockett kid that some of the Gibson Co thought could really shoot the ball has a good shot from outside...So...based on what I think...Russell Avery and Patrick Robertson are probably the only sure starters...I look for Carlos Young because of his speed..but I hear Cris Rogers.one of the football players may start..then you have Ricky Boyd,Raphael Tyler,and maybe Dominic Kimble and 6'6 Josh Bledsoe...I had Leron Garett and Carlos Young as the starters with the other starter being Raphael Tyler or Josh Bledsoe...So now it could be any of those players..Everyone knows Carlos Young is quick as they come..from football ...but Leron Garett ..the Giles kid and number #15 is right there with him..And if Dominic and Ricky Boyd plays..speed definitely won't be a problem..!

yea well I said that as a prediction. I hadn't seen the team play yet. I'm still saying we're going to be #1 though. What I don't understand is why we have Tevin and Charles bringing the ball down the court. I know we want the ball in our play makers hands but they ARE NOT point guards. Joseph is our best ball handler IMO, and we still have our 6'5 guys bringing the ball down the court. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Tevin and Charles could dominate a game if they would get on the block or at the top of the lane. Yes Humboldt does have bad coaching, but so does Lake Co. Both Coach B. and Whitby cannot match up with Sisco. Whitby and Coach B. both have problems with keeping their kids disciplined. Those kids would not want me to be their coach! But basically, Humboldt needs to find their identity and a PG (JOSEPH).