District 14A...the best in the state?

volfan007

Looks like Trenton isn't having trouble scoring..I saw that Trenton beat West Carrol 102-96...And a lot of people in another post seem to think West Carrol could push for the #2 or 3 spot if they were in Dist.14A...Maybe it's just like other years...With Trenton and Greenfield being in the mix..Not saying these teams will beat Union City or Humboldt...but with Trenton beating the supposedly #1 team in the other district ...some think it could be Big Sandy though!Shows that District 14A has several quality teams this year !

lol 96 to 102 in a 32 minute game... there had to of been zero defense played in that game... yes trenton can shoot the three though i'll give em that one... but giving up 96 points you'll have trouble beatin good teams like uc humbolt lc... defense wins championships...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here..Congrats to your son !

Thanks bigster!!

I HOPE HE AND HIS TEAM HAVE A GREAT SEASON..i WILL BE THERE WHEN WE ARE NOT PLAYING..tHE FOOTBALL BANQUET IS MON. BUT I KNOW OC WILL PLAY ON DATES WE ARE OFF

Thanks...He and I have alot of friends at UC and always wish the best of luck to the Tornadoes...

lol 96 to 102 in a 32 minute game... there had to of been zero defense played in that game... yes trenton can shoot the three though i'll give em that one... but giving up 96 points you'll have trouble beatin good teams like uc humbolt lc... defense wins championships...

You are right but there are degrees of defense..If you look at Union City they have allowed a whole bunch of points in some of the games they have won the last few years...They will press you to death but give up easy shots if you can get past half court...Their success has been the runs they put on you and they are almost always keyed by their defensive pressure...Some teams will play defense by running a ball control offense..You see that type played by alot of Middle and East Tn teams...You will see alot of 55-50 type games in those areas where you see alot of 80 to 90 point games in the West...

I agree you won't win all your games if you keep allowing 96 points but they followed that game up by allowing 45 Saturday....West Carroll is a team that will run with you which plays right into Trenton's hands...I never could understand why Trenton would try to run with Union City...UC put 140 on them two years ago in the region tourney in Dresden and have put 100 on them other times as well...

PURPLE.. I HEARD THRU THE GRAAAPE VIIIINE THAT THE INDEPENDENT THING F.BALL WAS CONSIDERING WOULD NOT FLY BECAUSE IT WOULD ENVOLVE BASKETBALL ..BASEBALL..ETC. AND THAT OC WOULD PLAY UC NEXT YEAR....WHAT ABOUT IT/

I think the coaches all decided to go the pod type schedule where they wouldn't have to play all eight other teams every year...I haven't heard anymore about the independent schedule...I wouldn't think the other coaches at Obion Central would sacrifice their chances to go to state tournaments for the football team...I believe you could play an independent schedule in one sport though..I know Dyer County did it for a few years but competed for state tournaments in other sports...If it does involve other sports I know it won't fly...

OC and UC will play each other in football...They have it scheduled already...I hope they continue to play each other in all sports..It's good for the community...

You are right but there are degrees of defense..If you look at Union City they have allowed a whole bunch of points in some of the games they have won the last few years...They will press you to death but give up easy shots if you can get past half court...Their success has been the runs they put on you and they are almost always keyed by their defensive pressure...Some teams will play defense by running a ball control offense..You see that type played by alot of Middle and East Tn teams...You will see alot of 55-50 type games in those areas where you see alot of 80 to 90 point games in the West...

I agree you won't win all your games if you keep allowing 96 points but they followed that game up by allowing 45 Saturday....West Carroll is a team that will run with you which plays right into Trenton's hands...I never could understand why Trenton would try to run with Union City...UC put 140 on them two years ago in the region tourney in Dresden and have put 100 on them other times as well...

who did they play saturday?

JW...I haven't seen us play yet, so I'm going by word of mouth, but what's up with Charles and Tevin bringing the ball down the court? Is it set up like that or are we trying to get the ball down the court as fast as we can or what?

I seen us play thursday..Charles and Tevin started at the 3 and 4 and didn't bring the ball up at first..Joe Gordon did that..but once they took him out and brought Brooks in..Wade did it a couple of times then Charles did and Tevin did it a couple of times too so it looked like we were just trying ppl out..and another thing..we pressed & trapped most of the game..we usually play a 2-3 zone but we didn't Thursday..we have Milan tomorrow night...easy win right?

He'll be more impressive because of his supporting cast of players around him...Lot of difference playing for Halls and then going to Dyer County and playing....

Just pay close attention, he has already played for them this year, not impressive.

Also, attitude will show, I can assure you.

He was so overweight when he started, was worked and pushed hard and did really make progress.

Just not anything to write home about.

I won't say more, you will see!