CAK vs. Alcoa

tornadogold

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep.........Margee did'n haiv doplur bak then........but she new how ta predick tha wether thru that thur liccur bottul! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Sounds prosporous! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

After seeing Alcoa play im very impressed with how they play defense. Their corners jump routes pretty good and their linebackers are always around the ball. Not too sure about their d-line, in the game where they killed my CG panthers their d-line was spotty. They didnt get real good pressure unless they brought some linebackers or corners off the blitz, not saying that the d-line isnt very good, maybe it was an off night or something but that was just my take on the D. The CAK qb and wr's are gonna have to work pretty hard to beat thoseAlcoa db's. I think they can but then you got the offense to worry about. Then the special teams, they are an all around team. But im hoping that CAK can at least keep it close so that they can show people that Alcoa is beatable an they can be played with. Dont get me wrong, im pulling for Alcoa just because of the respect that i have for them and the tradition they have down there, but im at least looking for a good game. Cant wait to get down there to tornado field and get some more of those awesome "Chicken Sammiches." Good luck guys. lookin for a good one.

Alcoa: 41

CAK: 28...two td's coming late in the fourth

Cak takes this one big....

Cak 78

Alcoa 0 (thats right shut out)

Yeah, that looks about right. Might be a little on the conservative side, I see CAK getting at least past the century mark on the scoreboard.

wow thats pretty funny /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Once again I get the pleasure of visiting Alcoa. It's always a great atmosphere and a good chance to get a couple band burgers. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> Once again, Alcoa is the clear favorite. For the last few years no one in 2A has been close. For me, just as in the game earlier this year, there are several questions that I will be watching for.

On offense: Can CAK get any first downs? Can they drive the ball a little? Are they able to get in field goal range? Can CAK score against the first team? Can CAK mix it up enough to force Alcoa to defend both run and pass?

On defense: Is Alcoa able to score every time they get the ball? Can CAK get a few stops? Can CAK limit long runs and force Alcoa to drive the length of the field?

Can CAK force Alcoa to play the starters all 4 quarters?

Can CAK make a game of it? However much of a favorite Alcoa is (and absolutely should be) any thing can happen if they can stay within stiking distance. This is a huge challenge, and no 2A team has been able to do it for 4 quarters in several years. But if CAK has a great, near flawless game and Alcoa has a bad night, maybe a couple of turnovers at key times, maybe the game is close enough late to keep everyone on the edge of their seat.

Is this the likely outcome? Of course not, but that's why they play the game! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I am confident of one thing. CAK has enormous respect for Alcoa, but the total intimidation to the point of not being able to function that many other 2A teams have is not there. This game will not be over before it starts, and the CAK players will play their guts out to the very end. Alot of teams that face Alcoa say that until about the end of the 1st quarter. Until last year, I believe I saw this intimidation when the Warriors faced Alcoa. It causes a team that is already the underdog to under perform. CAK turned that corner in the first game last year and hasn't looked back.

Regardless of the score, my one hope for this game is that the Warriors live up to their name like they have in recent meetings.

Here's hoping for no injuries and a great playoff atmosphere this Friday night! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

But if CAK has a great, near flawless game and Alcoa has a bad night, maybe a couple of turnovers at key times, maybe the game is close enough late to keep everyone on the edge of their seat.

You just described the game I saw on Oct. 10! I don't believe for 1 minute that CAK is intimidated by Alcoa at all. I just don't think CAK will be able to take the wind out of the F5 this week.

Thanks for the kind words, and enjoy your chicken sandwiches!