McMinn @ Farragut: Round 2

AdmiralDude

What position does Harper play and why did he get tossed?

He starts at tight end and defensive end and is a key contributor on special teams. He was ejected for a scuffle with Science Hill's left tackle. From the press box the call was a head scratcher. I would think in those circumstances and at this time of the year, as an official you'd want to first call a personal foul / unsportsmanlike penalty. Instead, the official went straight to the ejection. Both players were engaged, but only Farragut was penalized. As was stated earlier on this thread, the TSSAA will not reverse itself on appeal. The appeal is merely a form of protest.

There's been some criticism on this board of the way the officials handled the melee late in the D-B / McMinn 1st round game. Obviously, it was a different set of circumstances, but it sounds as though the officials showed good judgement in calling personal fouls rather than tossing players.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McMinn believes that they can stand toe to toe with Farragut but the admirals dont tend to lend much respect towards the cherokees when it comes to beating them in Knoxville. That might be a legitimate notion seeing that McMinn has not had much success againist Farragut either at home or on the road over the years. The gap has narrowed over the last two years with McMinn winning in Athens in 2007 and playing Farragut close this September on the road.

Can McMinn continue the trend of making the big plays when they have to?

Farragut is a tallented football team with a gifted running back that runs behind a huge offensive line. This is a concern.....when McMinn has played teams that have the weight advantage they tend to have a difficult time. I believe it will take a good defensive performance from the cherokees to come away with a win this Friday night.

Balance.....yes BALANCE is the key word.....can McMinn attack Farragut with a balanced attack on offense and have enough success to win the game? Can McMinn try to un-balance Farragut on defense and limit the success there running game has and make them one diminential by going to the air more then they like to? If they can limit the success on the ground then the pass plays into one of the strong suites that McMinn has which is its secondary.

Dont count this bunch of Cherokees out.....they shocked the football community last week and are anxious to do the same this week. Though McMinn is the definite underdog they are excited about the challenge that confronts them.

GO TRIBE!!!

I agree tribe fan the ADS have had the most balanced offense we have played all year. It will be a tough task for McMinns defense to stop but I feel they will be up for the challange.

It would not surprise me,one bit,if Mcminn took this one from the hated ADs.....................but they will not!!!! I would love to see it,but if it rains there like it is supposed to in chattanooga at gametime..,..the advantage goes to Farragut's running game. Farragut 31-21 in a close one,till the end....or Mcminn 14-13 in another shocker!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

The "hated ADs?" I don't understand this hate thing. But no matter - to win McMinn needs to bring their best. These two teams always play one another with alot of intensity. Rain or no rain, Farragut will score on the ground and in the air. To win McMinn will need to do the same.

It would not surprise me,one bit,if Mcminn took this one from the hated ADs

The "hated ADs?" I don't understand this hate thing. But no matter - to win McMinn needs to bring their best. These two teams always play one another with alot of intensity. Rain or no rain, Farragut will score on the ground and in the air. To win McMinn will need to do the same.

Regarding the "hated ADs", allow me to explain in one word -- in case you're unaware -- OOLTEWAH.

What I hate is the reference to Farragut as the Ads. How do the Farragut folks feel about this? When did it begin? Why??? I understand sometimes referring to Wildcats or Bobcats as "Cats" or Bulldogs as "Dogs", but it makes no sense to shorten Admirals to "Ads" (not a big fan of "Govs" either). Are we that lazy?! Must everything be "text friendly"?! I also don't care for everyone having their own nation, further proving it's almost certainly a generational thing, and that I no longer need resist being an old curmudgeon. Don't fight it; it's only natural.

Also, while on my soapbox, I didn't mean to overlook McMinn. I equally dislike the abbreviated 'kees for Cherokees. Kees?! Always losing them, representing fabulous possibilities on the piano, critical points of contention in a competition, an archipelago off the coast of southern Florida, etc. . . . Don't further confuse or irritate an old man with this drivel!

Mcminn will be be overlooked at all. Its the second round of the playoffs for goodness sake. The players for both teams will be focused and ready. With that being said Farragut is a better team then Mcminn. They have a very balanced offense and a defense that can keep opponets scoring down. I dont see Mcminn coming into farragut and winning im not overlooking them just stating Farragut is a better team and will win at home.

Also, while on my soapbox, I didn't mean to overlook McMinn. I equally dislike the abbreviated 'kees for Cherokees. Kees?! Always losing them, representing fabulous possibilities on the piano, critical points of contention in a competition, an archipelago off the coast of southern Florida, etc. . . . Don't further confuse or irritate an old man with this drivel!

Dang Cletus....

Don't beat around the bush... Tell us how you feel..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You had your cofee yet???... Dr. tpoole12 prescribes either a strong dose of caffiene... or maybe you should give up caffiene altogether.... You either need it or its making you irritable........... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

just kidding

I'll shut up now......

Sometimes in athletics especially high school athletics the unexpected happens much like the game last week againist DB. It was apparent even on Coach T that 100% of the posters picked DB and rightfully so as on paper they were the better team but when the game was over McMinn was the better team.

This week we have a very similiar situation.....Farragut on paper is the better team, they have the better record they beat McMinn earlier in the season and they have the home field advantage. The weather will possibly be a factor but as we saw last week just because it is raining doesnt mean McMinn wont still put the ball in the air.

Tribefans Take:

Can McMinn sustain the momentium from last week

Which team has the best "Balance"

Turnovers.....who makes them and what do they do with them

If it is close at the end you would have to give the advantage to McMinn with Stansell and his ability to make the big kick when the game is on the line.

Does McMinn shock the football world again this week and beat a good Farragut team or does the season end for the tribe?

McMinn 24

Farragut 20

GO TRIBE!!!