Morristown East vs Sullivan South

EASTFAN

Sorry for the Mis interp Comp no harm meant, I just thought wow I cant believe that was said /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Week in week out my wife and I say each game , if no ones recruiting Fletch they are CRAZY (Certifiable). If he falls to a lower division school they are getting a steal on Taylor in the running game. Awesome football player who never quits on any play plus everytime I have spoken to him on the field and off hes one of the more mature young men I have spoken too. Heads on straight so I see no problem with him making a future for himself with or without football. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Same with Bradley and all the others Ive talked too, W/O a doubt the most mature team minded group South has had in quite awhile.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Believe that there is a few players from south with D1 Potential as long as they keep playing better and better the next few weeks.

with that being said i believe KK 6"3 185pound WR with a 4.6 forty time can go D1 as long as he takes and does good on all his finally test.........i also believe that Beedle 6"3 270 has the size to go D1 but before he can actually survive at a D1 school i believe he has alot of toughning up to do /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> And as long as 6"2 190 Davenport ( Jim Bob) as the kids call him keeps playing like he has been and gives watterson some super glue then i believe that he's got a shot at a small D1 school. and as far as juniors go i know it's still early to tell but as long as Ty and Clint get bigger,faster,and Stronger over the off season then they'll also have the chance to go D1, and IMO Watterson has the speed and just barely the height to go D1 but first he needs to learn how to [/size]CATCH THE Ball!! /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" /> and i'm sure some of you are wondering why i didn't say anything about Fletch and the reason is first off don't get me wrong Taylor has more heart then anyone on the team IMO and from what i have heard the kid lives and breaths football /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> but i hate to say it because it is a real pitty but if you not running atleast a 4.4 forty and weighing atleast 220 and not being rascious one single bit but more then likely if your skin isn't black or brown then your not gonna be a D1 RB i mean it's that plain and simple.................and i hope i didn't offend anyone from this post /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I used to think you had some sense but now we know, Very disappointing /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Sorry for the Mis interp Comp no harm meant, I just thought wow I cant believe that was said /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Week in week out my wife and I say each game , if no ones recruiting Fletch they are CRAZY (Certifiable). If he falls to a lower division school they are getting a steal on Taylor in the running game. Awesome football player who never quits on any play plus everytime I have spoken to him on the field and off hes one of the more mature young men I have spoken too. Heads on straight so I see no problem with him making a future for himself with or without football. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Same with Bradley and all the others Ive talked too, W/O a doubt the most mature team minded group South has had in quite awhile.

That is EXACTLY what I was saying earlier. Couldn't have put it better myself.

That's all you can do is call em like you see em.

i'm glad some one is on the same page as me /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> unlike rm3 on here running his mouth /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

just IMO fletch does not have the size and just a click bit to slow to be a starting running back at a D1 school and i know Comp would agree however i do know for a fact that Fletchers heart for football is big enuff to work to get to that size and speed only if he is lucky enough for a d1 scout to give him a shot at showing them his full potential. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

i'm glad some one is on the same page as me /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> unlike rm3 on here running his mouth /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

just IMO fletch does not have the size and just a click bit to slow to be a starting running back at a D1 school and i know Comp would agree however i do know for a fact that Fletchers heart for football is big enuff to work to get to that size and speed only if he is lucky enough for a d1 scout to give him a shot at showing them his full potential. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

if your skin isn't black or brown then your not gonna be a D1 RB i mean it's that plain and simple.................

Don't even go there with me, Comp should agree, this part was not called for.............but I'm sure you feel big about it. Like I said you used to have some respect on here but not mine and I know a few others...........man up!

if your skin isn't black or brown then your not gonna be a D1 RB i mean it's that plain and simple.................

Don't even go there with me, Comp should agree, this part was not called for.............but I'm sure you feel big about it. Like I said you used to have some respect on here but not mine and I know a few others...........man up!

RM3 I was simply giving my opinion and now that i re-read my previous post it does seem a little bias and rascious but i didn't mean for it to sound that way i was just trying to make the statement that about 90% of the starting RB's at any D1 school's are black /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

RM3 I was simply giving my opinion and now that i re-read my previous post it does seem a little bias and rascious but i didn't mean for it to sound that way i was just trying to make the statement that about 90% of the starting RB's at any D1 school's are black /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Like you said it was just your opinion and I probably should have kept mine to myself, this is supposed to be fun on here and sometimes we get a little carried away. Lets just let it go.

Gonna be a cold one this week in Greenville. But I think we will be OK. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Like you said it was just your opinion and I probably should have kept mine to myself, this is supposed to be fun on here and sometimes we get a little carried away. Lets just let it go.

Gonna be a cold one this week in Greenville. But I think we will be OK. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

sounds good to me /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

RebelRebel69,

Kick a kid while he's down why dont you?!?! I'm sick of this, and I'm sick of biting my tounge, and I will not pull a punch on this post. Sorry if it hurts anyones feelings. I really dont appreciate your post, considering we are talking about two drops in one game. Sure Seth had a rough game. We all know that. He dropped two balls. He was extremely upset about it. Flat out drops. What about the three passes that were "intended" for him that weren't within 10 yards of him? I dont hear anyone on here blasting anyone for that. You wanna blame SW for that too? Up until this point SW has made great catches all year long when thrown to, MOST of which were poorly thrown, and MOST of these catches kept drives alive. Go back and look at the films and see that. Also, go back and look at how many times SW was wide freakin' open when the ball was forced to KK. KK does make it look awesome though. KK is a player. How many times must it be pointed out how open SW is? Why not throw it DEEP to the fastest guy on the team? One deep ball all year, on target, and a 63 yard td vs Boone. Right?!?

But, you want to jump on a kid who seldom gets two balls throw his way an entire game. To be honest, and we all know and recognize that SW's and AZ's routes are seldom even looked at. I, by no means, am bashing BD, we love the kid and his family, I'm just stating the freakin' facts as I'm upset and feel I need to defend SW ... I am stating the same things here, that I have heard from at least a dozen different people that have watch our games this year, including a former South Coach - "Why dont they throw SW the ball more often. He's open." So you want to point out two plays from this entire game. You know three other people dropped balls and one fumbled away a kick. You also didn't mention the fact the ME's huge O-Line was doing a number on our D-Line. My point.... you're observation of this game is obviously selective.

While I'm at it, I also want to address the freakin' band parents that sat right behind me at the game who kept saying "they (the Rebel football team) don't deserve to win, playing like this" and they "are a joke": Stay home or go home after halftime if you cant believe in our Rebels and believe that they DO deserve to win. Really bad attitude and I hope you were embarrassed when I told you so. And after OUR Rebels came back, you had the nerve to say "Who do WE play next week?"

How's that? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> satch i have read many of your post over the years and have respected (most of them) and i was not trying to kick a kid while he was already down, i know seth personally and i try to congradulate him after every game!, and no i was not referring to just this one game ive watched seth play every since middle school, and dropping the ball has always been his main weakness! and sorry if it seemed like i was pointing fingers at seth for dropping the ball even though i was, but i was doing it because i know that he's better then that ! seth dropped quiet a bit of passes last year and the begining of this year BUT has really stepped it up the past few months and has really amazed me with some of his catches he's had lately but the other night he started looking like the old watterson but everyone has an off game everynow and then and hopefully that was just his, even kk didn't look to hot the other night luckily Ellis stepped up when we needed him most the other night and played great /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> but hopefully all the boys will come togather and play on the rug as one big unit and kick greenvilles ace on friday!

Most band parents that I've encountered at a number of schools are ridiculous. I rarely just hear "Our Little Johnny plays the flute." I always hear more like, "That Johnny can play the flute like nobody's business but yet quarterback gets all the glory! Where's the justice?!" Ok, maybe I dramatized that a little bit, you catch my drift. Those who can't play football, play the clarinet, and hey there's nothing wrong with that. It's the parents that kill me, though. Band parents are complaining about our football team's performance? The band is playing because of our football team. Band parents have always acted like they are in a exclusive club that's better than everyone else. The band is like girl's basketball...when things are going well, we'll say we're proud of you guys. But at the end of the day nobody cares about either of them but the parents. And nobody cares about the parents at a high school. When you're playing second fiddle (i.e. the band to the football team) to something, just accept it and shut up. Don't try to fight it. It's a democracy, people, and at South the majority wants football. Let it be. Be proud of your band kid and cheer for our football team. It's patriotic!!! And if you're a band parent and this post offended you, then hopefully you aren't like the band parents I've met. Rebelrebelman 1 - band parents 0