Morristown East vs Sullivan South

EASTFAN

Hardened steel is composed of many components. It is then heat treated at a temperature that takes it to its structural limits, allowed to cool and the process repeats. When the regimen is finished what is left is a component with structural regidity, endurance, and brute strength many times above what the culmination of it's components would have been before the process. So was the MoEast/Sullivan South game.

MoEast deserves all the praise that could be awarded them. They took South out back for 2.5 quarters. It was being handed to them on a silver platter. So much so that when we fumbled the 2nd half kickoff and allowed them to score I got up and left. Discusted. The punt on 4th and 3 was a mistake. The timeout on the 5 was a mistake. And yes, the field goal was a mistake. This was a championship game for crying out loud. It all came back to bite us in the ham. And bitten we were. One thing was working in the first half. Bobeye and Taylor. You have to admit they work well together. They are the most natural combination in my memory. So lets take Bobeye out.

As I was standing discusted I decided to climb up on the crows nest with the film crews for a fresh approach. We then started playing football. As much as anything the turn around must be partially...no WHOLLY attriuted to the Rebel fans enthusiasum. They got hysterical and would not allow anything but perfection. The Rebel 11 took that directive and wrote it with black ink. Powerful motivation that was.

We were tempered in fire last night. We were taken to the tetering edge. We were taught that a boisterous, haughty, holier than thou attitude will get you nothing more than put on your knees. Bravo! Magnifico'! Without the temper we endured with MoEast we would have been overcooked squash come the thrid round. And now we are prepared for "the rest" of our season. No harsh words from me to my son nor from other parents to theirs made any difference. They were invincible. In there eyes unstoppable. Beyond reproach. Oh how life can break your legs. No words could ever instill the motivation and vision that was injected into our Rebels by the fire they endured last night. They are gamers and only learn the hard way and now they are ready to continue.

Everyone has a bad night and Stacy is no exception. I think sometimes he needs to go with his instincts instead to listen to the headphones. Sometimes you just go bareback to get the full effect. The one thing that remains and is one of our most important attributes is the fact that the coaching staff has whipped this team into an endurance machine. We do not run out of gas. MoEast was wearing thin in the 4th.

I thank MoEast for bringing us to the Altar. It is up to us to follow through. And I feel we now have the mentality that before we did not to go where we need to go.

Congratulations Rebels on coming to terms with yourself. Now you may proceed.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardened steel is composed of many components. It is then heat treated at a temperature that takes it to its structural limits, allowed to cool and the process repeats. When the regimen is finished what is left is a component with structural regidity, endurance, and brute strength many times above what the culmination of it's components would have been before the process. So was the MoEast/Sullivan South game.

MoEast deserves all the praise that could be awarded them. They took South out back for 2.5 quarters. It was being handed to them on a silver platter. So much so that when we fumbled the 2nd half kickoff and allowed them to score I got up and left. Discusted. The punt on 4th and 3 was a mistake. The timeout on the 5 was a mistake. And yes, the field goal was a mistake. This was a championship game for crying out loud. It all came back to bite us in the ham. And bitten we were. One thing was working in the first half. Bobeye and Taylor. You have to admit they work well together. They are the most natural combination in my memory. So lets take Bobeye out.

As I was standing discusted I decided to climb up on the crows nest with the film crews for a fresh approach. We then started playing football. As much as anything the turn around must be partially...no WHOLLY attriuted to the Rebel fans enthusiasum. They got hysterical and would not allow anything but perfection. The Rebel 11 took that directive and wrote it with black ink. Powerful motivation that was.

We were tempered in fire last night. We were taken to the tetering edge. We were taught that a boisterous, haughty, holier than thou attitude will get you nothing more than put on your knees. Bravo! Magnifico'! Without the temper we endured with MoEast we would have been overcooked squash come the thrid round. And now we are prepared for "the rest" of our season. No harsh words from me to my son nor from other parents to theirs made any difference. They were invincible. In there eyes unstoppable. Beyond reproach. Oh how life can break your legs. No words could ever instill the motivation and vision that was injected into our Rebels by the fire they endured last night. They are gamers and only learn the hard way and now they are ready to continue.

Everyone has a bad night and Stacy is no exception. I think sometimes he needs to go with his instincts instead to listen to the headphones. Sometimes you just go bareback to get the full effect. The one thing that remains and is one of our most important attributes is the fact that the coaching staff has whipped this team into an endurance machine. We do not run out of gas. MoEast was wearing thin in the 4th.

I thank MoEast for bringing us to the Altar. It is up to us to follow through. And I feel we now have the mentality that before we did not to go where we need to go.

Congratulations Rebels on coming to terms with yourself. Now you may proceed.

Comp very well said. I am so proud of these kids, they wouldn't quit. The crowd was amazing last night. I have never seen a crowd at South rise in unison to say, OK guys we aren't gonna lose this thing, let's get it going. Me and my buddy were wondering the same thing about why the staff chose to go away from the split backs with Bobby and Taylor. This set was very effective, had the canes guessing. I am confused on that one. This team showed guts to come back like they did. Proud of the guys! On to Greenville!!

Past scores mean nothing. NOTHING! This was a great game tonight. Humble pie? Nahh, unless you bake it for us, you should be able to since your Friday nights are free now. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Seriously though. Just because DB lost in the first round..again.. and the Rebels are going to the 3rd round..again..doesnt mean you can get on here and type the cr4p you did.

Real football is played in Death Valley. Need directions?

You mean go to Pactolus and look for the big hole in the ground? FYI: DB has had 3 Final Four appearances in the last 10 years or did you forget that little fact?

At least we don't lose to the same team every year now do we? You are right about real football being played in Death Valley--as long as you're on the visitors side.

You mean go to Pactolus and look for the big hole in the ground? FYI: DB has had 3 Final Four appearances in the past 10 years or did you forget that little fact.

At least we don't lose to the same team every year now do we? You are right about real football being played in Death Valley--as long as you're on the visitors side.

At least we have a visitors side!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

REBEL NATION!

You mean go to Pactolus and look for the big hole in the ground? FYI: DB has had 3 Final Four appearances in the last 10 years or did you forget that little fact?

No, I mean Death Valley. The home of the Rebels. The fortress that has not been overtaken any this year. Or last year. And only 1 time the year before. Thats...uhmm.. 1 time in 3 years South has lost at home. Cant exactly say the same for good ol' J Fred, can you? Nope, didnt think so.

As for 3 final four appearances in 10 years, well..South has had 1, they might have another this year if they do their jobs right. Give coach Carter some time. I'll check back with you in 5 years and we can see who has the most final fours. I'm not a betting man, but I feel pretty good about saying South would win that battle. FYI: They may have 3 Final Fours, but how many one and done's do they have?

It doesnt matter if it's the same team every year, a loss is a loss. You would know all about that right?

I dont wanna fight with you, just dont come on here spewing crap like you did. I know you are still pi$$ed DB lost, I would be too. Heck, I wanted them to win state, because they are from Kingsport. Was I devestated when they lost, no, but I did want them to win. Why cant you just bury some of that pride of yours and get behind the only home team left playing up here? Is that so hard?? I know for a fact that if the situation were reversed, my butt and many other south fans would be planted in J Fred on Friday supporting the Indians. I think its a shame you cant be the same way.

At least we have a visitors side!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

REBEL NATION!

I dont blame them for no visitor side. Thats less people to make fun of them when they pull the ol' One and Done!

Ps. I heard they applied for a patent to the One and Done. Heard anything about this??

Punkin Head when I got on coacht last friday night when mcminn upset db

it looked like feeding time at the piranha tank.If we had lost to South

that would have been ok.But to bash db the way you did was pretty low.If moeast

had scored on the goal,for all purposes souths year is over.Waving all the white towels in

kingsport would not have saved you.Moeast made the mistake of taking their foot off

the throttle.South finally played somebody and it showed.No respect here.

Cheer for who you wish and sit where you wish honestly I wouldn't want you in our place anyway infecting the minds and lowering the overall IQ of the people there with good intentions. Its easy to be an internet jockey I'm sure that helps your already swelled ego from being the kind of Indian fan we all dislike.

Thanks for proving once again exactly what we always say about a good % of your faithful.....its not the team or players we dislike its the ego driven likes of yourself that should get a life.

Great game South!!! I will post a little more in detail later.

'Cane...I can understand how you would prefer to let it go but I highly value your view. Would apreciate any candid words you have to say. Any given Friday night is what they say and that's about what it was. I guess I'm looking for advise or maybe just critical evaluation to get an opposing first hand account of the truth. Obviously South thought they had it in the bag and decided not to show up. Bradley was under duress because your DB's stuck us like velcro. Notwithstanding the fact that our line gave him plenty of time. You have plenty of Skill returning are is your boys in that group? The mental game is everything and that was proven Friday on both sides of the ball.

Comp very well said. I am so proud of these kids, they wouldn't quit. The crowd was amazing last night. I have never seen a crowd at South rise in unison to say, OK guys we aren't gonna lose this thing, let's get it going. Me and my buddy were wondering the same thing about why the staff chose to go away from the split backs with Bobby and Taylor. This set was very effective, had the canes guessing. I am confused on that one. This team showed guts to come back like they did. Proud of the guys! On to Greenville!!

One thing is for sure, despite what I or anyone else thinks before, during, or after the fact, the coaches always have a directive. That directive may not always produce the intended results but it is part of the game plan. Some times the pieces fall into place sometimes they don't but fact is they don't just shoot bullets in the dark. I'm sure the ultimate goal was to somehow someway get the passing game in gear...it just wasn't in the cards.

'Cane...I can understand how you would prefer to let it go but I highly value your view. Would apreciate any candid words you have to say. Any given Friday night is what they say and that's about what it was. I guess I'm looking for advise or maybe just critical evaluation to get an opposing first hand account of the truth. Obviously South thought they had it in the bag and decided not to show up. Bradley was under duress because your DB's stuck us like velcro. Notwithstanding the fact that our line gave him plenty of time. You have plenty of Skill returning are is your boys in that group? The mental game is everything and that was proven Friday on both sides of the ball.

One of my sons is a starter(jr.) #40 LB Matt Helton. My other is #58 Luke Helton(so.) DE.

My observation of the game is bitter. Both teams made mistakes but I can not help but feel that we could have and maybe should have won that game. 4th and 1 with JUMBO in and we sweep with our larger starting qb out and Howell in at qb? We ran that earlier in the game and I think we telegraphed that one. Give it to the big boys and let them falll forward for a yard and then worry about a TD to win. Get the yard first!!!!!!!

When we blitzed on passing downs, we pressured him but we did not do it enough. I knew when we had the bad snap saftey that we had lost the game. Sad to say but based on me following this team, I knew it in my soul that we had blanked it away. We lost the part of the game played between the ears. Not every member of our team or coaching staff, just a few and that few was enough to equal a loss.