Fri Sep. 28 at Bell Co (Ky) L 21-49

Fri Oct. 5 at Greeneville R L 7-17

Fri Oct. 12 David Crockett R W 34-8

Fri Oct. 19 at Morristown East R W 20-7

Fri Oct. 26 Morristown West R L 14-31

Fri Nov. 2 at Cherokee R W 19-15

Fri Nov. 9 at Tennessee 4A Playoff W 21-14

Fri Nov. 16 at Greeneville 4A Playoff L 21-34

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Kev-o, you know I live to brighten your day /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Kev-o, you know I live to brighten your day /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

HAHA it worked

Cap1's all almighty TH Vikings got their butts handed to them again by a five rivers conference team in the playoffs!! This is beginning to be a script known all to well to the crow eating Cap1 and fans! See you next year for another re-run of how to lose to (supossed) inferior opposition when it matters the most. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I think Cap just needs some time to digest....or he's trying to figure out how Greeneville won without "you know who"...or maybe he's still in shock that a RB who was 3rd on the depth chart @ QB all season long, threw for over 200 yds on his Viking D.

Digestion is part of it but finding time has been the issue??¦you know??¦changing gears and all.

Friday was a great night for football!! Burley Stadium is absolutely beautiful??¦much better than at DB. Well??¦them Devils flipped the script on us. I had said that if the Vikings came out on O like we did against MoWest we would be good to go. But instead the one-two punch of Hall and Quarles had our defense looking like a deer caught in headlights from the opening drive??¦almost till halftime. Great game plan by Coach McCurry. But when the Vikings regrouped at halftime the fight was on. Of course there was a BIG hole for us to deal with by that time. And let me make this one thing VERY clear for all you that may be hatin on KEENAN SHEPARD??¦Keenan has been playing hurt since the South game. That??™s right??¦205 yards on MoWest (from the five creeks) and not even at 100 percent!! Keenan is the real deal! It??™s unfortunate for us but fortunate for Greeneville that you didn??™t get to witness him at full speed. As for him vs. Hall??¦we could speculate back and forth all day long??¦so let just see what the scouts think! I will say though that Hall looked like man amongst boys on some of his runs against the Vikings Friday, but that was mostly because of his size. And with that being said, I will agree with one poster who made the statement that ???we haven??™t seen anything like Hall. YOU WERE RIGHT??¦he is a BEAST??¦but he??™s not the best /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> !!!

I think the Vikings (especially the coaching staff) showed perseverance and growth in this game. They could have very well gone in at halftime and submitted to defeat because I for one could see an old fashion dog stomp come a mile away from the way Greeneville was having their way on Offense. But they didn??™t. They strapped it on and gave it all they had??¦ALL OF THEM??¦and gave the Greene Devils the scare of their life in the closing minuets of the game even though it looked like they were going to coast to an easy victory at halftime. We or I have nothing to be ashamed of for the way our season ended; we are a very good team??¦Greeneville was just better Friday night. So to Greeneville I say hats off for an impressive victory and good luck this Friday??¦because you??™re going to need it. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> To the Viking Ship I say job well do. This was a very tough season on and off the field for many with the injuries and the uncertain start for the coaching staff and the team. But as you normally do??¦you guys pulled it together and again (as usually) put our team and school at the top. VERY good effort Friday night for all parties involved??¦and even though my days as a player parent are over, I can look back at the past 6 years and be proud of every single season that I have had the opportunity to get back on the Viking Ship courtesy of my kids. I will forever sport my colors with pride??¦VIKING PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!! /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

Cap1's all almighty TH Vikings got their butts handed to them again by a five rivers conference team in the playoffs!! This is beginning to be a script known all to well to the crow eating Cap1 and fans! See you next year for another re-run of how to lose to (supossed) inferior opposition when it matters the most. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I think Cap just needs some time to digest....or he's trying to figure out how Greeneville won without "you know who"...or maybe he's still in shock that a RB who was 3rd on the depth chart @ QB all season long, threw for over 200 yds on his Viking D.

Oh, and to answer your second part of your post Barb??¦over 200 yards passing sounds pretty impressive unless you were actually at the game and saw that a very big percentage of those yards were AFTER the catch. I truly don??™t believe he completed a pass longer than 5 to 7 yards in the air. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Correct me if I??™m wrong. The most shocking thing about it is why in the world wasn??™t he getting reps in the first place??? Jordan wasn??™t really known for his arm either. What a waist. /sleep.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="-_-" border="0" alt="sleep.gif" />

Oh, and to answer your second part of your post Barb??¦over 200 yards passing sounds pretty impressive unless you were actually at the game and saw that a very big percentage of those yards were AFTER the catch. I truly don??™t believe he completed a pass longer than 5 to 7 yards in the air. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Correct me if I??™m wrong. The most shocking thing about it is why in the world wasn??™t he getting reps in the first place??? Jordan wasn??™t really known for his arm either. What a waist. /sleep.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="-_-" border="0" alt="sleep.gif" />

Cappy, thanks for the comments on the stadium. We put a lot of work and money into the visitors side. Sorry that DB hasn't done that for their guests.

Yeah but Volunteer will always have this one:

Yea??¦Appy State can say the same with Michigan but we all know how that story ended. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Why would you defend a school that could only win 2 games all year and then has the gall to post on this thread, even going as fare as to talk trash to a team that not only makes it to the playoffs EVERY year but a team that they have only beat ONCE in VOLUNTEER SCHOOL HISTORY!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> And to beat it all, that ONE win is still under scrutiny in the eyes of many. Now I can take it with the best of them, but from someone at a school that is most famous for (besides the obvious ???Cradic High???) taking cheep shots on the basketball court. Even you Five Creeks people have to draw the line somewhere.

That has to be your most sensable post ever Kevo...I can acually understand that one. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I was at the game Cap, and stats are stats, truthfully a large percentage of passing yds are after the catch(except Harmon was truly airing it out on Friday night, scary)...you don't have to throw it long if the D gives Barner or TJ Rollins 5 to 7 yds to make a catch and take off running. If you had seen this years Greenway/Hall offense in action you would have the answer to your second question. Often as not Hall drew the coverage so Greenway could do his thing. Most games Greenway would rumble for 75-100 yds because of Hall. This combo really matured after the South game and just got better until its unfortunate end. Nice to see the team just tighten up, adjust , and keep on winning. Good luck to you and see you @ the Arby's.

Cappy, thanks for the comments on the stadium. We put a lot of work and money into the visitors side. Sorry that DB hasn't done that for their guests.

What up Noones. I can??™t say enough about that facility! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> It has to be the best high school stadium that I have been to hands down. The field was beautiful (I actually got a chance to walk on it), concessions and restrooms where easily accusable, parking was close to the stadium on the visitors side, and there was plenty of comfortable (with a stadium seat) seating to go around. You don??™t even have to keep buying popcorn and hotdogs for the kids that go retrieve all of the stuff that falls threw the bleachers like you do at DB. Of course it's hard to beat the atmosphere on game night in the Castle...especially looking through these maroon glasses I wear. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> I do have one question. What is up with all of the Greeneville fans that sit on the visitors side? There was plenty of room on the other side and they even had to side on the far end on the visitors side. Don??™t get me wrong??¦they were good (but very proud and loud) /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> people because I was in line with one gentleman at the concessions. I don??™t understand.

Yea??¦Appy State can say the same with Michigan but we all know how that story ended. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Why would you defend a school that could only win 2 games all year and then has the gall to post on this thread, even going as fare as to talk trash to a team that not only makes it to the playoffs EVERY year but a team that they have only beat ONCE in VOLUNTEER SCHOOL HISTORY!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> And to beat it all, that ONE win is still under scrutiny in the eyes of many. Now I can take it with the best of them, but from someone at a school that is most famous for (besides the obvious ???Cradic High???) taking cheep shots on the basketball court. Even you Five Creeks people have to draw the line somewhere.

He's Five Rivers Cap, we take care of our own...and seeing as how we were on the beneficial end of that ONE win,I gotta get his back....for now. He's your problem in basketball season.

I was at the game Cap, and stats are stats, truthfully a large percentage of passing yds are after the catch(except Harmon was truly airing it out on Friday night, scary)...you don't have to throw it long if the D gives Barner or TJ Rollins 5 to 7 yds to make a catch and take off running. If you had seen this years Greenway/Hall offense in action you would have the answer to your second question. Often as not Hall drew the coverage so Greenway could do his thing. Most games Greenway would rumble for 75-100 yds because of Hall. This combo really matured after the South game and just got better until its unfortunate end. Nice to see the team just tighten up, adjust , and keep on winning. Good luck to you and see you @ the Arby's.

I will probably talk more about it on the other thread but in all honesty this is going to be a great game. Both teams come into this game being strong at the others weakness??¦if you know what I mean. South did a good job stepping up and defending the run against us. However I don??™t think that it was a characteristic performance against the run for the Rebels??¦but at least we know they can do it when they absolutely have to. Your trio of back is going to give them fits if your coaching staff approaches it just as they did against us. I??™ve heard many talk about how there team had poor tackling against Greeneville and I have to say that that statement is very misleading. The truth is that Hall is a BEAST and all your backs run for the end zone every time they touch the ball??¦bigger + stronger+faster usually equals 6. On the other hand Bradley is going to no doubt pick your secondary apart if you stay in that zone coverage. That is if he can be patient enough. And they have two backs that may not be as big and opposing, but they NEVER give up until the whistle blows. They may need to add another row of lights on the scoreboard for this one. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> I??™m planning on being there. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />