Tennessee High @ Greeneville

Class 4A Round 2  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Class 4A Round 2

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the way the Viking Offense performed tonight, and the way that Greenville allowed Betsy to stay in the game, Im going to have to go with Tennessee High 35 and Greeneville 21. Good all around game but it is going to come down to T.O.P and I think with the Viking ground game the Devils will have a hard time getting their offense on the field to score points. IMO

After the way the Viking Offense performed tonight, and the way that Greenville allowed Betsy to stay in the game, Im going to have to go with Tennessee High 35 and Greeneville 21. Good all around game but it is going to come down to T.O.P and I think with the Viking ground game the Devils will have a hard time getting their offense on the field to score points. IMO

FYI officials allowed Betsy to stay in this game..... Greeneville ground game was spectacular against Betsy....Hall had 180 yds. The young Devil D held the Cyclones to just 118 yds rushing...a tremendous feat considering the Cyclone o-line loves to hold, and managed to get away with it all night. Quarles has passed the ball effectively since being pressed into action...completed 4 of 5 for about 40 yds in wet conditions. While Betsy had 118 passing, Greeneville countered with 2 picks late. I believe Coach Mac will have these boys ready for the Vikings and we can't wait to show off out new rug to our friends from Bristol...

Thank you Tri /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Dynamics are the one thing that is guaranteed to change in a ball game or a season. I like Mac and the adjustments his staff have made over the last couple of weeks. At home where there are no Stone Castle ghosts, GHS in a nail biter. Feeble hearted Vikings AND Devils need to stay home.

Yes they did, Keenan Sheppard with 5 TD's Darryl Willson and John Ellis Davis with a recpetion Td each.

Congrats to the Vikings. The D did great the first half, and the 2nd half was pretty bad.

#26 Ben Perrin was 7/7 on FG's clearin all but 3 way over thewall is what i saw. One ent over the BIG wall into the parking lot.

Good luck vikings, as you travel to Greenville to play on that nice looking feild

FYI officials allowed Betsy to stay in this game..... Greeneville ground game was spectacular against Betsy....Hall had 180 yds. The young Devil D held the Cyclones to just 118 yds rushing...a tremendous feat considering the Cyclone o-line loves to hold, and managed to get away with it all night. Quarles has passed the ball effectively since being pressed into action...completed 4 of 5 for about 40 yds in wet conditions. While Betsy had 118 passing, Greeneville countered with 2 picks late. I believe Coach Mac will have these boys ready for the Vikings and we can't wait to show off out new rug to our friends from Bristol...

It is so good to know that someone else saw/ heard how the officials allowed Betsy to stay in the game. [They were holding and face-masking all night long! The slighteset thing the Devils did, they got a penalty for it.] I know several refs who were sitting close by us that were saying one of those officials was feeding the Betsy coaches info....if I was not there myself to see it I would not have believed it!! I guess they had to put on a show for Jason Witten, who was in attendance. The Devils have made the necessary changes; although, people seem to believe they will not make it without Greenway and OH BOY are they proving them wrong!! Hall & Quarles have made adjustments and are doing a wonderful, no an exceptional job as dual-QB's!! Whatever Coach Mc and the rest of his staff are doing, keep it up because I look forward to seeing another well-played game on Friday night!! Lets show our visitors what kind of show we can put on too!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It is so good to know that someone else saw/ heard how the officials allowed Betsy to stay in the game. [They were holding and face-masking all night long! The slighteset thing the Devils did, they got a penalty for it.] I know several refs who were sitting close by us that were saying one of those officials was feeding the Betsy coaches info....if I was not there myself to see it I would not have believed it!! I guess they had to put on a show for Jason Witten, who was in attendance. The Devils have made the necessary changes; although, people seem to believe they will not make it without Greenway and OH BOY are they proving them wrong!! Hall & Quarles have made adjustments and are doing a wonderful, no an exceptional job as dual-QB's!! Whatever Coach Mc and the rest of his staff are doing, keep it up because I look forward to seeing another well-played game on Friday night!! Lets show our visitors what kind of show we can put on too!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Of all the posts that I have read on here this may be the most ridiculous ones I have seen.

Of all the posts that I have read on here this may be the most ridiculous ones I have seen.

Not all that ridiculous....I was there....as pathetic as the 5 rivers officials have been this year, things happened in this game I have never seen before. While I can't confirm the report about refs feeding info to coaches, Greeneville was flagged 8 times, mostly for procedural violations (and a holding call) while Betsy had 1 little 5yd dead ball foul. Betsy linemen were holding nearly every play and I know of at least 2 blatant facemasks and a horsecollar tackle on Trevon Hall that I cannot understand them missing. There was 1 particularly hinky incident that I described over on the game thread. I'm over it....the Devils prevailed in spite of it. Always good to be in the position where poor officiating isn't deciding the outcome of the game. I hope we have competent officials for our tilt with the Vikes. I would hate for the last meeting of these 2 fine teams to be marred by controversy. Go Devils /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />