State Tournament Location

logcabinman

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No, just leave it in Middle TN... That way people in West TN don't have to drive 6-7 hours to Knoxville for a basketball game!

Just leave it at MTSU... it's a great gym and has enough seating capacity for everyone and if you want to stand up and watch the game you can around the top.

I agree...I'd rather drive 2 or 3 hours than 6 or 7 hours..Middle Tenn teams and fans have an advantage but it's the best place for everyone involved !

Tell you this...one of my MAIN thoughts has been having refs that are represented from ALL AREAS of the state in each game....one from west, middle, and east. Heck I'd be happy then regardless where it was held......though middle makes sense if you have to drive to get there.

Officials, as I understand it, are picked from all over the state after being nominated by their supervisors and chosen by the TSSAA office. They are all then brought to the Boro and worked in preliminary state tourney games. Championship game officials are then picked from those who worked preliminary state games in the Boro. The final say of championship game officials is made by TSSAA.

Officials, as I understand it, are picked from all over the state after being nominated by their supervisors and chosen by the TSSAA office. They are all then brought to the Boro and worked in preliminary state tourney games. Championship game officials are then picked from those who worked preliminary state games in the Boro. The final say of championship game officials is made by TSSAA.

Regardless....one from east, one from west, one from middle for each game. Every game I saw had refs from the east....are they saying no one from other parts of the state can ref??????? Not dissing you...and thanks for the info. but that is just ridiculous. If you want fair with no screams of bias then you go west, middle, east.

Thanks.....I was there last year and the amount of calls against teams from the west versus teams from other areas of the state....was to put it nicely...pretty lopsided. I just think that would be the fair thing to do.

CPA from middle tn. didn't get too many calls...and they played a west tn. team! Not a CPA fan either.

CPA from middle tn. didn't get too many calls...and they played a west tn. team! Not a CPA fan either.

They got very few calls against them. ...they played us /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> When we played the team out of Knox....we had like 36 fouls called against us...they had something like 11 /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Refs from Knox.