2008 TN Titans Mr. Football Finalists Announced

CoachT

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering the same thing, Vandy. I know White's Stats, and he is very deserving, but I haven't seen Stats on the other kids. Do you have them?

According to the stats on the Mustangfanpage: This year 42/42 on extra points and 4/5 field goals. He is also the state record holder on extra points going 99/99 before missing in last years championship game. He started over this year. Might add that he also has 6 interceptions.

Congrats to all the Finalist. To even be considered, puts each and everyone of you in an elite category.

Best of luck to Jared White and Brent Ford!

Agreed, SEVEN. To be included in this group, is quite an honor in itself.

Brent & Jared have a good shot at taking home the award IMHO. Brent is a force to be

reckoned with on both sides of the ball. Jared can really hurt an opposing team in many

ways. Extra points, field goals, punting distance & accuracy, plus usually puts the opposing

team in a hole on kickoffs. Either thru the endzone, or deep in the red zone, to start a drive.

Regardless of the outcome, great job guys. Keep it going. More work to be done yet.

Thanks for a great season Jackets. 11 down, 4 to go. These guys are like family to me.

GO JACKETS!!!!!

Article is on our home page.

Junior quarterback for the Dekalb County Tigers, Hunter Poteete, should definately win this award. He is an outstanding young leader of this football team who was a key part in turning our football organization around. A team that would usually be done with the season with an ending 2-8 or 1-9 record is now a 9-2 team that is coming off the schools very first playoff win. He has been a very big part of this. Here are his stats in the regular season.

Rushing:

carries:160

yards:821

td's:8

average yards per carry:5.1

Passing:

attempts:262

completions:144

yards:2,386

td's:31

interceptions:9

and with the rare defensive time he plays he got some tackles, i dont know the exact number and a interception that he took all the way to the house! Sounds like Mr. 3A Football to me

Surprised not to see Jobronski Gilbert's name on that list, but he still has next season! Jake Overbey is a worthy choice. He is one of the best QBs I have seen play this year, and I hear he is just a sophomore which gives him many more opportunites at the Mr. Football Award and could make USJ tough for a couple of more years! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />