warren county season

pioneer25

Here is a revolutinary idea for you Warren Co. folk: Support the whole team ( coaches included) instead of trying to find whats wrong all the time. The good programs have tremendous support from the parents, pledging their time, money and whatever resources possible into making their program the best it can be. I know a good program when I see it, and WC is a good program, you guys just to help in whatever way possible to make it better.

Here is a idea for you. Unless you have been around the program for years you don't know what your talking about. You should know as well as anyone what a quality coach can do for a program. You are a prime example. We have finished 4-7 and 5-6 the last several years. Yes its better than 0-10 but we always find an excuse. This year it was inexperienced last year we had 18 or so seniors and to be honest I don't remember the excuse but i'm sure there was one. This is probably the best group of supporting parents we have had in a long time. I know for a fact that they wash cars, stand on street corners during the road block, mow the field, line the field for all home games, middle school games, try to give coaches anything they need etc. We know one thing is for sure; the dismissal of the OC last year was not the problem. The play calling this year and predictablity of our offense was worse this year. Answer this question Mr Oakland Patriots, did you watch the scrimmage between us and the patriots before the season? Did you see the humiliating display that the players went through afterwards? They had to run gassers in front of the Patriots and their fans. If the coaches felt like the team gave up or didn't give an effort they should have loaded them on the bus and ran them when they got back. I talked to several Oakland fans and they couldn't believe what took place. Every team has to replace players each year and has to play young players but it is what it is and don't us excuses and don't teach players to us excuses. The bottom line is coaches blame parents, AD and principal. The parents blame the coaches and we keep short changing the players. Don't get me wrong everyone here in Warren County thats involved with football should look in the mirror. I would bet my farm that a coach like McDaniel could come to this county and turn things around.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a idea for you. Unless you have been around the program for years you don't know what your talking about. You should know as well as anyone what a quality coach can do for a program. You are a prime example. We have finished 4-7 and 5-6 the last several years. Yes its better than 0-10 but we always find an excuse. This year it was inexperienced last year we had 18 or so seniors and to be honest I don't remember the excuse but i'm sure there was one. This is probably the best group of supporting parents we have had in a long time. I know for a fact that they wash cars, stand on street corners during the road block, mow the field, line the field for all home games, middle school games, try to give coaches anything they need etc. We know one thing is for sure; the dismissal of the OC last year was not the problem. The play calling this year and predictablity of our offense was worse this year. Answer this question Mr Oakland Patriots, did you watch the scrimmage between us and the patriots before the season? Did you see the humiliating display that the players went through afterwards? They had to run gassers in front of the Patriots and their fans. If the coaches felt like the team gave up or didn't give an effort they should have loaded them on the bus and ran them when they got back. I talked to several Oakland fans and they couldn't believe what took place. Every team has to replace players each year and has to play young players but it is what it is and don't us excuses and don't teach players to us excuses. The bottom line is coaches blame parents, AD and principal. The parents blame the coaches and we keep short changing the players. Don't get me wrong everyone here in Warren County thats involved with football should look in the mirror. I would bet my farm that a coach like McDaniel could come to this county and turn things around.

To be honest, Ive seen enough of the bickering and in-fighting to have an idea. I have a vested interest in WC as I have family there, so it is not like I am trying to call you guys out. Some coaches have different ideas/ways of discipline or making a point, is it unusual to take the route that he did, yes, but that doesnt neccessarily means its wrong either. Sounds like you guys just need to start at the top to get rid of folks. Until there is a culture change at Warren Co, they will never achieve their true potential, but I will be rooting for them.

"Yes its better than 0-10 but we always find an excuse."

Give the coach complete control over his staff and decision making. Then he will be held accountable for the outcome. As it is now, He doesn't know what coaches he will have from year to year. the principle makes that decision for him so hold the principle accountable for the results!

How the players run the plays does not reflect bad play calling. WC runs the option in case you didn't know. The players determine the outcome of play calling by making the correct reads. That was not done this year in the games I saw. Players have to be held accountable also. I think with this years experience, they will be better the next couple of years. The program is getting better each year.

What I find odd is that the Head Coach at WC has more respect and admiration for the teams accomplishments outside of Warren Co. than he does inside. I've lived here for over a decade now, through 4 head coaches, and not once has the entire community stood behind either of them. I have no family in the high school or on the football team here but I enjoy watching high school football. There is talent here in WC but with all the negativity from OUTSIDE the program, the kids won't come out for the team. If the administration, parents and community want the program to be successful, stop all the negativity, stand behind the coaching staff and 100% support the team. I honestly think that 90 -95% support Coach Madewell but it's always the negativity that screams louder.

In response to the comment about running gassers after the Oakland scrimmage. That's nothing new. I played for a coach that made us do 10 trips of 100 yd up downs after a scrimmage (that we won) We went to the semi-finals that year. Did it embarass us? Yea. Did we refocus? Absolutely.

I wasn't at that scrimmage so I can't comment of whether or not it was justified but if running gassers after a scrimmage offended some people maybe football's not their calling.

For those of you on CoachT that I've met from WC, please forgive my tone in this post. It's just that all this negativity really get's old after awhile.

GO PIONEERS! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

For those of you on CoachT that I've met from WC, please forgive my tone in this post. It's just that all this negativity really get's old after awhile.

No apology needed owls1987. You are a class act in my book and the program is lucky to have you.

Good luck to the seniors in the future. I've enjoyed watching you guys battle it out on Friday nights.

What I find odd is that the Head Coach at WC has more respect and admiration for the teams accomplishments outside of Warren Co. than he does inside. I've lived here for over a decade now, through 4 head coaches, and not once has the entire community stood behind either of them. I have no family in the high school or on the football team here but I enjoy watching high school football. There is talent here in WC but with all the negativity from OUTSIDE the program, the kids won't come out for the team. If the administration, parents and community want the program to be successful, stop all the negativity, stand behind the coaching staff and 100% support the team. I honestly think that 90 -95% support Coach Madewell but it's always the negativity that screams louder.

In response to the comment about running gassers after the Oakland scrimmage. That's nothing new. I played for a coach that made us do 10 trips of 100 yd up downs after a scrimmage (that we won) We went to the semi-finals that year. Did it embarass us? Yea. Did we refocus? Absolutely.

I wasn't at that scrimmage so I can't comment of whether or not it was justified but if running gassers after a scrimmage offended some people maybe football's not their calling.

GO PIONEERS! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Finally a good post from a WC fan. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />