Dobyns Bennett Football

UT played Hargrave Military Academy this past Thursday in a junior varsity game, winning 37-20. Hargrave Military is a junior college athletic program out of Virginia, and came into the game 10-0 on the season. From what I understand, UT played the majority of their non-starting personnel, not just underclassman.

Here is a link to his roster information. #88 Phillip Tritapoe (Sr.)

Included on the page are his physical attributes, college journey to the Tennessee program, and high school accomplishments while at Dobyns Bennett.

He meant that Tritapoe could have transferred somewhere else, say a DI-AA or DII school and made an immediate impact and garnered significantly more playing time. However, he opted to take his chances at the University of Tennessee and was successful in earning a roster spot, showing that hard work and determination is still rewarded. I believe he should still have two more years of eligibility.

I also noticed when looking over the Vols roster that Lester Bailey, former Elizabethton Cyclone standout, is a member of the Vols. Lester is listed as a 5'7'', 190 lbs., Junior, Wide Receiver. Maybe we'll get to see a couple local boys playing on television in coming years.

Thanks. It's good to see local boys at UT.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The scores from last night just make me sick.We had the team this year to make a run for the state.No question about it.Just sick about it !!

Relax,know exactly what you mean.I had to take Monday off, I was still po and was afraid I would say something to someone I would later regret.It has been a sad week.Pitiful!

Relax,know exactly what you mean.I had to take Monday off, I was still po and was afraid I would say something to someone I would later regret.It has been a sad week.Pitiful!

i have watched db football since mid 70's, seen a lot of talent misused, no excuse for this years team, best qb in the region,quick,fast and can throw the ball what more do you want. two of the best running backs 1 inside 1 outside and a fullback that can block, lets not forget the receviers templeton great hands, doran good size, steele fast for deep ball threat oh yea we threw the deep ball in the first game cant do that again, adams 6'5 in the slot can get you 10 yards over the middle 90% of the time coach forgot he was on the team, defense relentless but you cant play the whole 2nd half without a break, i hate to post this thread but im getting use to having the season end prematurely, if you could not advance with this years team when can you, i hope next year GC does not try to run CS 30 times a game CS has future after db GC im not so sure. FOOTBALL IS A SIMPLE GAME. COACHES ONLY COMPLICATE IT IF YOU CANT BLOCK AND TACKLE NOTHING ELSE MATTERS!

i have watched db football since mid 70's, seen a lot of talent misused, no excuse for this years team, best qb in the region,quick,fast and can throw the ball what more do you want. two of the best running backs 1 inside 1 outside and a fullback that can block, lets not forget the receviers templeton great hands, doran good size, steele fast for deep ball threat oh yea we threw the deep ball in the first game cant do that again, adams 6'5 in the slot can get you 10 yards over the middle 90% of the time coach forgot he was on the team, defense relentless but you cant play the whole 2nd half without a break, i hate to post this thread but im getting use to having the season end prematurely, if you could not advance with this years team when can you, i hope next year GC does not try to run CS 30 times a game CS has future after db GC im not so sure. FOOTBALL IS A SIMPLE GAME. COACHES ONLY COMPLICATE IT IF YOU CANT BLOCK AND TACKLE NOTHING ELSE MATTERS!

Great post!!! I hope longtimeDBfan reads it so he will get in the game next year. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Maybe he is thinking about who he is nominating for all conf. this year.Remember last year all linemen except Slyvester.

We will loose a lot of great players for next year and have a lot of question marks.With Maryville coming into the 6A fold ,I think the hopes for 2009 will be much less then they were this year.I wish I could go on a thousand page {war path} right now,but that won't help anything.

maryville does not have the talent every year but they do the basics their players are rarely out of position on defense, their coaches never scream at their players their. they have enough confidence in their system they dont have to, players are going to make mistakes if you take aplayer out everytime he makes a mistake that just adds pressure he more worried about coming out for making mistake than he playing allout. most successful coaches know this, the one that dont try to micro-manage the game and their player play tight and nervous, case in point last year tn mens basketball coach bruce pearl had aplayer juan smith try some crazy play in a game at a crucial time he never took juan out the ,he game him a chance to play through it. after the game he walked over juan's locker and mention we dont do that, players know when they do something wrong most of the time,stop worring about what they do wrong and concentrate on the 90% their doing right,the atheletic and physical side is not what is beating DB it is the mental side, the coaches panic in a tight game if the coaches remain calm so will the player how many times have you seen peyton bring the colts back and tony dungy never changed expression, he has confidence in his players and playmakers, the question i pose to DB fans is do you keep doing the same thing year after year hoping for different results, who cares if you go 10-0 if you cant win the 1st round of the playoffs,the next time you see GC give him a hug and tell him to wake up also pray for his wife and kids super nice people.

maryville does not have the talent every year but they do the basics their players are rarely out of position on defense, their coaches never scream at their players their. they have enough confidence in their system they dont have to, players are going to make mistakes if you take aplayer out everytime he makes a mistake that just adds pressure he more worried about coming out for making mistake than he playing allout. most successful coaches know this, the one that dont try to micro-manage the game and their player play tight and nervous, case in point last year tn mens basketball coach bruce pearl had aplayer juan smith try some crazy play in a game at a crucial time he never took juan out the ,he game him a chance to play through it. after the game he walked over juan's locker and mention we dont do that, players know when they do something wrong most of the time,stop worring about what they do wrong and concentrate on the 90% their doing right,the atheletic and physical side is not what is beating DB it is the mental side, the coaches panic in a tight game if the coaches remain calm so will the player how many times have you seen peyton bring the colts back and tony dungy never changed expression, he has confidence in his players and playmakers, the question i pose to DB fans is do you keep doing the same thing year after year hoping for different results, who cares if you go 10-0 if you cant win the 1st round of the playoffs,the next time you see GC give him a hug and tell him to wake up also pray for his wife and kids super nice people.

His boy is a great young man and has been ever since I met him years ago.I don't envy coach Clark for the job he has.I know the jokes that will follow this next line,and it's not for that.Whenever you see a snake,the first thing you do is cut off his head,and that's part of being a head football coach.Do I think every player was in the right spot or every play called was very smart ? Last night when I seen Carter call a pass with 3 minutes to go,I thought it took {elephant size ears}and was happy about it.What if Morristown E had took that back for a game winner ? Carter would be the talk of the town today.We just have to go back to work and get the young lions as strong as Will,Sammy,Zack and the guys were this year.This post has been brought to you by the knoxville zoo.

His boy is a great young man and has been ever since I met him years ago.I don't envy coach Clark for the job he has.I know the jokes that will follow this next line,and it's not for that.Whenever you see a snake,the first thing you do is cut off his head,and that's part of being a head football coach.Do I think every player was in the right spot or every play called was very smart ? Last night when I seen Carter call a pass with 3 minutes to go,I thought it took {elephant size ears}and was happy about it.What if Morristown E had took that back for a game winner ? Carter would be the talk of the town today.We just have to go back to work and get the young lions as strong as Will,Sammy,Zack and the guys were this year.This post has been brought to you by the knoxville zoo.

was not at the game but listen to it on the radio, could not understand when SS had it 3rd an 1 line up in shotgun formation when you have fletcher ripping off runs all night i guess thats why im not in coaching. as for next year team you have nice freshmen coming up, justin long is going to be a beast at def end the straley kid is straight baller qb i think his name is brent is going to be nice mix that with the slaughter kid andre coats and james brown the sky is the limit for DB. always remember this you dont have to win every game you only have to win the games that matter! if we learn that we will be alot better off

was not at the game but listen to it on the radio, could not understand when SS had it 3rd an 1 line up in shotgun formation when you have fletcher ripping off runs all night i guess thats why im not in coaching. as for next year team you have nice freshmen coming up, justin long is going to be a beast at def end the straley kid is straight baller qb i think his name is brent is going to be nice mix that with the slaughter kid andre coats and james brown the sky is the limit for DB. always remember this you dont have to win every game you only have to win the games that matter! if we learn that we will be alot better off

We have a lot of good ball players at DB that didn't play this year,it would be nice to get all the good ones out for spring.

Everybody was blaming coaches, players, bad karma, weather, destiny -- you name it. I heard a new one today, a band member told his parents that the band director was blaming the BAND for the loss. I said "WHAT?....they claimed that he told them if the band had played louder and with more enthusiasm that the football players would have responded with a victory. I say --- HOGWASH! Although, the band can have an impact while either teams' quarterback is calling the signal at the line, NO band member should ever feel as if it were their fault that Dobyns Bennett lost this football game.

Does anyone know if the QB at D-B has had any offers for next year? He's a Great QB and an awesome SS on the Baseball team. Just wandering if he is going to pursue anything in College.