Warren County Basketball

14pioneers

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF SOME OF THOSE GREAT FRESHMAN YOU GUYS ARE TAKING ABOUT CAN COMPETE MAYBE THEY NEED TO BUMP THEM UP TO VARSITY. DIFFERNT SPEED FROM FRESH TO VARSITY. STOP JUMPING AHEAD AND LOOK AT THE FACTS. MUST PLAY THE BEST REGARDLESS OF CLASS. DO YOU REALIZE IF YOU PLAY A FRESHMAN NOW THAT YOU WILL BENEFIT SOONER THAN LATER. MAYBE THE SYSTEM WILL OPEN UP AND SEE THIS.

last fridays game was the first WC bball game i have been to in 5 years. hope it wasnt a clear representation of were Warren County basketball is today....student section was very low, if there at all, i see why the program is down, its hard to win games when you've got no reason to win them.....yes i understand its hard to go watch games when the team is losing but the students could at least try and fill up the first 5 rows of their sections......i seriously thought the pioneers could have won, but everytime they came close they turned the ball over or backed off and let sparta go on another run.....looking forward to a better showing tomorrow night....hope i am wrong and WC basketball is still something to cheer for...GO PIONEERS!

last fridays game was the first WC bball game i have been to in 5 years. hope it wasnt a clear representation of were Warren County basketball is today....student section was very low, if there at all, i see why the program is down, its hard to win games when you've got no reason to win them.....yes i understand its hard to go watch games when the team is losing but the students could at least try and fill up the first 5 rows of their sections......i seriously thought the pioneers could have won, but everytime they came close they turned the ball over or backed off and let sparta go on another run.....looking forward to a better showing tomorrow night....hope i am wrong and WC basketball is still something to cheer for...GO PIONEERS!

FRONT ROW BRO'S where are you?? It looks like the students are scattered over the gym and more interested in "texting" and socializing.

great freshman??

there are only a few capable of playing on the varsity level, and its just a bunch of guards on the freshman team there's no height and that is what that team needs the most

Have you seen them play? They play unselfish and with heart. They have Ware, Daniels and maybe one more that are 6'2" or taller. Oh btw WC had height with Weitzel and not taking nothing from him but they still lost. Need talent, heart, and a coach that don't sub every 3 minutes.

Have you seen them play? They play unselfish and with heart. They have Ware, Daniels and maybe one more that are 6'2" or taller. Oh btw WC had height with Weitzel and not taking nothing from him but they still lost. Need talent, heart, and a coach that don't sub every 3 minutes.

Well it??™s like this. Yes the freshmen are good and they were also good at the middle school, but so were the teams that came previous to them. I imagine with the combination if they can stick it out we will be competative again next year. There might be about two that could compete at the varsity level right now, (Mitchel & Casey) I??™ll have to disagree with the ones mentioned before. I don't think they are ready yet. They only have one senior playing down low the rest are younger guys and neither of the two freshman mentioned could out play them.

I think this years sophomores won nearly ever game they played at the middle school level. This year??™s juniors and seniors also won at that level. Most of those kids get to the High school and quit. They either move on to another sport or just can??™t handle all the negative crap thrown their way. Look at how many have quit over the past 4 years. These aren??™t kids that got cut they quit! One senior walked off the court during practice last year has anyone bothered to ask why? The seniors only have five left and most of them weren??™t starters at the middle school. From a player prospective when you??™ve played with the same kids your entire life you know what??™s about to happen, and can anticipate the out come. Someone said they need talent and heart well I would have to say the kids??™ still standing DO. The players left at the end of the day play because they love the game. How many of you would play for WC if you had too:

1. Put in hours & hours of practice to get told you have NO heart or talent by a fat guy at a keyboard

2. Have a fellow students tell you that your team stinks

3. Have former players tell you it??™s not worth all the BS

4. Have coaches tell you that you stink and you??™re losers

5. Have parents that give you the third degree when you make a mistake because one mistake and you??™re pulled from the game

6. During the summer you??™re playing tournaments instead of enjoying the Gilley pool

7. When your friends are enjoying Christmas break you??™re getting hammered at a tournament somewhere

8. You get slammed by the newspaper reporter in print for the world to see

9. At the end of the season when banquet time arrives you don??™t even get a trophy for all the hours of sacrifice you put in or have a principle that doesn??™t show up because he doesn??™t want to be bothered.

Really with all that support would you play for WC? I for one think every player on that team has more heart then we will ever know. Good luck WC win or lose you have one fan behind you! Go lady pioneers!

great freshman??

there are only a few capable of playing on the varsity level, and its just a bunch of guards on the freshman team there's no height and that is what that team needs the most

Just a bunch of guards that are putting up 70+ points a game and not a bunch of threes TEAM WORK and passing to the open man .Wins against Riverdale Cookeville Sparta Cannon and Coffee last night . I dont feel any should move up they are getting valuable playing time at the freashman level mabe after the freashman season you move them up and let them see what play is at the next level but move them up to set the bench for three quarters is not the answer to the Varsity team . Varsity has been competitive all season its easy to blame coaches but fan suport and suport from home are big factors if the parents run a coach down at home in front of their kids what kind of respect do you think a player will have for that coach and its hard to play for a coach you don't respect Winning starts at home !!!!!!

Well it??™s like this. Yes the freshmen are good and they were also good at the middle school, but so were the teams that came previous to them. I imagine with the combination if they can stick it out we will be competative again next year. There might be about two that could compete at the varsity level right now, (Mitchel & Casey) I??™ll have to disagree with the ones mentioned before. I don't think they are ready yet. They only have one senior playing down low the rest are younger guys and neither of the two freshman mentioned could out play them.

I think this years sophomores won nearly ever game they played at the middle school level. This year??™s juniors and seniors also won at that level. Most of those kids get to the High school and quit. They either move on to another sport or just can??™t handle all the negative crap thrown their way. Look at how many have quit over the past 4 years. These aren??™t kids that got cut they quit! One senior walked off the court during practice last year has anyone bothered to ask why? The seniors only have five left and most of them weren??™t starters at the middle school. From a player prospective when you??™ve played with the same kids your entire life you know what??™s about to happen, and can anticipate the out come. Someone said they need talent and heart well I would have to say the kids??™ still standing DO. The players left at the end of the day play because they love the game. How many of you would play for WC if you had too:

1. Put in hours & hours of practice to get told you have NO heart or talent by a fat guy at a keyboard

2. Have a fellow students tell you that your team stinks

3. Have former players tell you it??™s not worth all the BS

4. Have coaches tell you that you stink and you??™re losers

5. Have parents that give you the third degree when you make a mistake because one mistake and you??™re pulled from the game

6. During the summer you??™re playing tournaments instead of enjoying the Gilley pool

7. When your friends are enjoying Christmas break you??™re getting hammered at a tournament somewhere

8. You get slammed by the newspaper reporter in print for the world to see

9. At the end of the season when banquet time arrives you don??™t even get a trophy for all the hours of sacrifice you put in or have a principle that doesn??™t show up because he doesn??™t want to be bothered.

Really with all that support would you play for WC? I for one think every player on that team has more heart then we will ever know. Good luck WC win or lose you have one fan behind you! Go lady pioneers!

Ok first of all I totally agree that there were teams past and present that done very well at the middle school and it don't seem to happen at the varisty level. However, I don't agree with you about the 2 players YOU think are ready for varisty maybe one of them but not both. I do think that one of the taller freshmen mentioned eariler could out play the younger guys you are referring to it's been done in practice. About the ones that have quit I think its a shame they play all 4 yrs then their senior year they just can't take the crap anymore like you mentioned in numbers 2, 3, 4, and 8. It is extremly hard to stick it out. Its very frustrating. I for one know that there is talent and kids with heart. I know last year a friend of mine quit who was a senior that played with nothing but heart but got tired of the fellow students always running off at the mouth about losing. and coaches who tell you that you don't deserve to play. I know several of my friends, close friends who have played and quit because of like you say no support from what seems like nobody in warren county. When you have a sports editor who every week will pick the opposing team to win (football) and put it in the paper is unbelievable! You make alot of good points!

i agree with most of the points made by the previous posters "list" while i did not play basketball for WC i did play football and i too got little or no playing time my first three years, but i was finally rewarded my senior year. it stinks to hear of these kids bailing their last year, sad, but somewhat understandable...if we want to start winning we have to give these kids something to win for and i believe that starts with the student body as a whole first! 4 or 5 years ago it was near impossible to get a seat in the student section because it was packed from top to bottom with seniors on down to freshmen cheering on their team, now teh only ones sitting in the student section are senior football players (for the most part). the FRB (front row bros for you younger kids) were an X factor in many of the Pioneers big home wins of past....get the students involved and things should (at least) start to turn the corner.

how did the game go last night? i wasn't able to attend because of a 6th grade tourny at the middle school

i agree with most of the points made by the previous posters "list" while i did not play basketball for WC i did play football and i too got little or no playing time my first three years, but i was finally rewarded my senior year. it stinks to hear of these kids bailing their last year, sad, but somewhat understandable...if we want to start winning we have to give these kids something to win for and i believe that starts with the student body as a whole first! 4 or 5 years ago it was near impossible to get a seat in the student section because it was packed from top to bottom with seniors on down to freshmen cheering on their team, now teh only ones sitting in the student section are senior football players (for the most part). the FRB (front row bros for you younger kids) were an X factor in many of the Pioneers big home wins of past....get the students involved and things should (at least) start to turn the corner.

how did the game go last night? i wasn't able to attend because of a 6th grade tourny at the middle school

Coffee Co. 16 9 16 14 55

Warren Co. 6 22 7 18 53

1st & 3rd quarters hurt us.