New District 9-AAA

GWAVE1

It is good to be home!!!! District 9-AAA- Gallatin, Hendersonville, Station Camp, Beech, Portland, Lebanon, Mt Juliet, and Wilson Central. Should be a very good district with a lot if not all neighborhood rivalries. Some old and some new but all will be intense. I am just glad the metro days are over!!

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is good to be home!!!! District 9-AAA- Gallatin, Hendersonville, Station Camp, Beech, Portland, Lebanon, Mt Juliet, and Wilson Central. Should be a very good district with a lot if not all neighborhood rivalries. Some old and some new but all will be intense. I am just glad the metro days are over!!

So is Hillsboro! LOL! Actually, I'm sure they'll figure out a way to schedule Overton and Hillwood still just due to the close proximity, not to mention the Burros will need a break from District 11-AAA.....absolutely brutal.

However, it would appear that Hillsboro will finally get to hook up with Gallatin in the 5A playoffs in the coming years....I'm looking forward to that potential showdown. Melrose, Memphis East, and Henry County figure to be the toughest 5A teams out of West TN, while Morristown East and Morristown West figure to be the toughest 5A teams in East TN. Should be a very exciting 4 years of 5A football in TN!

So is Hillsboro! LOL! Actually, I'm sure they'll figure out a way to schedule Overton and Hillwood still just due to the close proximity, not to mention the Burros will need a break from District 11-AAA.....absolutely brutal.

However, it would appear that Hillsboro will finally get to hook up with Gallatin in the 5A playoffs in the coming years....I'm looking forward to that potential showdown. Melrose, Memphis East, and Henry County figure to be the toughest 5A teams out of West TN, while Morristown East and Morristown West figure to be the toughest 5A teams in East TN. Should be a very exciting 4 years of 5A football in TN!

I was at the last meeting between Hillsboro and Gallatin when Mose Phillips was at the helm, it was a good game. The potential is there but who knows what the playoffs will look like come next year.

Mt Juliet will be the team to beat but Hville, Gallatin and Wilson Central should all be in the mix. Beech might lose too much and Lebanon might be fairly good. Station Camp and Portland will be the ones that have to prove themselves. But it is a new day and everybody is going to be expecting a lot when it all rolls around next year.

I was at the last meeting between Hillsboro and Gallatin when Mose Phillips was at the helm, it was a good game. The potential is there but who knows what the playoffs will look like come next year.

Mt Juliet will be the team to beat but Hville, Gallatin and Wilson Central should all be in the mix. Beech might lose too much and Lebanon might be fairly good. Station Camp and Portland will be the ones that have to prove themselves. But it is a new day and everybody is going to be expecting a lot when it all rolls around next year.

Sumner County/Wilson County region or Williamson County region? Take your pick....Personally I think both are going to be fantastic atmospheres in the fall beginning next year.

This is seriously going to be one of the best things I've seen in recent Tennessee high school football. Bringing it back to the county rivalries, should be some great games.

I think the Lebanon/Hville game is going to be really good. Gallatin/Station Camp is going to be big. Beech and Wilson Central will be huge. Lots of new rivalries will be fused into the older ones. Heck Portland and Gallatin haven't played since the early 70's.

Look how far some of these teams have gone in the playoffs this year. SC and Beech are both playing in the quarters. Mt. J, WC and H-ville both to the second round. 6 of the 8 teams made the playoffs this year and only 3 are in for sure next year. The wildcards will have to worked for next year to get in. WOW.

• 2 weeks later...

Only two teams, Portland and Lebanon, had losing records. All the rest were playoff participants. This is going to be a really good district.

Portland is looking for a new head coach and word is that all of the Wilson County coaches have applied elsewhere for other jobs. So one unknown for sure and possibly more especially if one gets the Blackman job.

Anyone have any of the nondistrict games for their respected teams in this district?

This is seriously going to be one of the best things I've seen in recent Tennessee high school football. Bringing it back to the county rivalries, should be some great games.

Let's see we lose dickson co, columbia and clarkesville and we add hillsboro

Sorry just like last 7 years when you get to playoff time ur region gallatin, HHS is and will always be our doormat