Smyrna vs. Oakland

SHSBaseballLaz

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost doesn't cut it=a close game...4 overtimes...means it could have gone either way...but it means nothing to determine who may win the next time...because (see next entry)

LOSS is a LOSS and a WIN is a WIN=powerful and profound statement... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Spotted a few safties= come on guys...come and get us in the endzone...we'll even let you tackle us...tally hoe with 2 points

Stars are ALINED or Stars are ALIGNED = nancy reagan must have called this guy to give him the scoop on the astrology forcast

Enuf experience or ENOUGH experience =means plenty...full of...

def have more passion =smyrna is dead...no life...just won last 6 out of last 7 games...last 12 quarters have given up 1 touchdown...players are tired...coaches are tired...no excitement...wish they would have lost on friday...no doubt that oakland has way more passion... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

We are in the moment: and smyrna is not in the moment or they are in la la land????????????

excuse my sarcasm...but this is one of the funniest and off base post i have seen in a long time...Ozone...YOU'RE IN THE OZONE /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> ...way to pull for those patriots and i like your passion even though it is blind and ill informed passion

ENUF SAID... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Well i guess since they're not in the playoffs(BHS) and dont have a coach anymore its fitting to jump on the bulldog bandwagon!

Yea they went into 4 overtimes but obviously the better team won!!!! No matter how long it took and regardless of what happened throughout the game Oakland ended up with the W and thats all that matters.

Iguess he didnt understand where i was coming from so I will make sure he and everyone else does this time. As far as passion goes im speaking for my team. That also means im not worried about any other teams passsion,courage,or fear. Im focused on my team and my team only! So if i feel they have more passion then Im right whether Im being biast or not! Everyone supporting Oakland knows what Smyrna has done this season and this postseason and we arent taking anything away from them. My point is its our time and its ours to win. The only way Smyrna beats Oakland is if..... WE BEAT OURSELVES !!!!!

yea yea yea ... Smyrna won 6/7 but if thats the case so did Oakland. HECK WE WON 11OUT OF OUR LAST 12! I love how you are the statistician for SHS but let me throw a stat at you...

-Smyrna is 2-3 on the road and Oakland is 7-0 at home

You are excused !!! why dont you go to the game and when you show up dont wear orange/blue(bc BHS is very irrelevant) wear some good ol' purple and gold!

Well i guess since they're not in the playoffs(BHS) and dont have a coach anymore its fitting to jump on the bulldog bandwagon!

Yea they went into 4 overtimes but obviously the better team won!!!! No matter how long it took and regardless of what happened throughout the game Oakland ended up with the W and thats all that matters.

Iguess he didnt understand where i was coming from so I will make sure he and everyone else does this time. As far as passion goes im speaking for my team. That also means im not worried about any other teams passsion,courage,or fear. Im focused on my team and my team only! So if i feel they have more passion then Im right whether Im being biast or not! Everyone supporting Oakland knows what Smyrna has done this season and this postseason and we arent taking anything away from them. My point is its our time and its ours to win. The only way Smyrna beats Oakland is if..... WE BEAT OURSELVES !!!!!

yea yea yea ... Smyrna won 6/7 but if thats the case so did Oakland. HECK WE WON 11OUT OF OUR LAST 12! I love how you are the statistician for SHS but let me throw a stat at you...

-Smyrna is 2-3 on the road and Oakland is 7-0 at home

You are excused !!! why dont you go to the game and when you show up dont wear orange/blue(bc BHS is very irrelevant) wear some good ol' purple and gold!

not pulling for smyrna or oakland...best of luck to both teams

just responding to your post word for word...and i was not the only one that thought it was in the ozone

and you are right...you can believe that oakland has more passion but that does not mean it is true...this game for sure will not lack passion and will not be won because of more of less passion...it's the 3rd round of the playoffs and both teams will come ready to play...mistakes/ turnovers/ will determine this game as it always does with to similar Definsive minded teams

i never mentioned blackman???? we do agree on something...blackman is not in this conversation /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I think this will be a very hard fought defensive football game. Both teams like to run the ball a lot. And both teams have great defensives. But if Smyrna can stop Precious they can win this football game. Also Smyrna hasn't given up a td in 11 quarter. I think Yoder could have a big impact on this game. If he hits all fg's Smyrna will win. Smyrna is playing like the last 2 state champs again. Go Dawgs!

Smyrna-20

Oakland-10

I think this will be a very hard fought defensive football game. Both teams like to run the ball a lot. And both teams have great defensives. But if Smyrna can stop Precious they can win this football game. Also Smyrna hasn't given up a td in 11 quarter. I think Yoder could have a big impact on this game. If he hits all fg's Smyrna will win. Smyrna is playing like the last 2 state champs again. Go Dawgs!

Smyrna-20

Oakland-10

With that said, Yoder is a big question mark against the Patriots. Last time I think the Pats got into his head after he had that fg blocked. Also, I think Oakland has shown the last few weeks that you can no longer key in on Precious, or the running game for that matter as they had 5 backs with at least 5 carries. Having an effecient passing game now will force the Bulldogs to respect the pass. Nobody is scoring 20 points in this game, unless the heavens come crashing down

No prediction here anybody with an ounce od football knowledge knows either team winning is possible.

I will say one thing though after the game the losing coach can quote the great Jerry Green of the nfl and say

" THE --------- ARE EXACTLY WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!"

no suprises here

Smyrna-20

Oakland-10

Stop Precious Valentine? Smyrna might have to hop aboard the love train! You would also still have to stop Bass,Nelson,Mayberry, and Boyd and Mitchell on handoffs. All of those players have helped make the passing game what it is by opening up the play action. With the short secondary im sure Chris Johnson will have a chance to catch a few lob passes or fades.

NOW IF WE STOP SMYRNAS #5 THEN WE HAVE A GREAT SHOT AT WINNING!

Stop Precious Valentine? Smyrna might have to hop aboard the love train! You would also still have to stop Bass,Nelson,Mayberry, and Boyd and Mitchell on handoffs. All of those players have helped make the passing game what it is by opening up the play action. With the short secondary im sure Chris Johnson will have a chance to catch a few lob passes or fades.

NOW IF WE STOP SMYRNAS #5 THEN WE HAVE A GREAT SHOT AT WINNING!

With all due respect, our run game moreso sets up the quick hitter and not really the play action, although it is there. I think this game will just simply come down to who makes the best adjustments and obviously executes the best. I think Oakland held Smyrna's run game about as well as you can expect them to the last time out.