Smyrna vs. Oakland

SHSBaseballLaz

Just an alum no power. We would rather do our talking on the field. Nothing we say on here holds any kind of water on the field and makes it feel like the game is far away rather then tommorow bc most oakland people have bought in to me saying "we'll do our talking on the field". Every newspaper in tennessee can pick smyrna over oakland but tomm night when the cowbells get ringin' , fans screaming, 2big teams coming head-2-head ... NOTHING ELSE MATTERS!

P.S dont believe any source even if its a newspaper that thinks Smyrna let alone any team will put up 20 on Freedom Field. ugh uh .... no way ... no how

Smyrna will score 20 pts. I dont know if it will be enough to win but they'll score 20.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game day is finally here....and what better way to start it off than with a bunch of flurries. I hope everyone has enough layers on tonight. Hopefully the cold won't keep a bunch of people at home.

Captain Obvious says that this is going to be a great game. The last two games, at least, that these two teams have played on that field have been nail biters. I remember the game 2 years ago was really close. I was just starting to follow Smyrna and had heard about Oakland's hot dogs (fantastic), so I decided to go to that one. If memory serves, an Oakland receiver either dropped or was overthrown in the last minute what would have been the go ahead touchdown pass. Then, this year needs no re-visiting.

Wrap up and come out to see a great game. I hope Smyrna wins, but whoever wins needs to go win it all.

Yes!! The day is here. How big is this one? It will be a great game with two great teams. Many of us have said it will be a defensive game and very low scoring but it would not surprise me to see a few TD's on the board tonight. Both offences have made great improvement and I can see the winner of this one putting 24 or 27 points on the board.

Should be a nice crowd, weather should great (FOR FOOTBALL) Pack the blanket and enjoy the Hotdogs and hot Co. Co.

HS football is great and this should be a great HS football game.

"Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer."

Go Dogs!!

I'm going to have to go with Smyrna in this one for a few reasons.

1) Their running game is just to good with the 1 2 punch of hicks and bryson.

(not saying that oaklands isn't, but I just don't know how good they are going to do against that d-line of smyrna. Smyrna's running game reminds me a little of Chris Johnson and L. White with the Titans)

2) Experience this late in the season- "almost every player" that starts now either started in the state championship game last year or got to play and I truly think this will help Smyrna. They know what it takes to get their and they know what it feels like o hold that gold ball up

3)Leadership- With all the drama that is going on with the whole woods story they have not let that get to them. Honestly I think this has made them gel together more as a team. I know it sounds crazy but its true.

These are just a few reasons I think Smyrna will pull this one out. Oakland is a great team and gongrats on making it this far, but I have to go with experience in the big game situation

Smyrna 27

Oakland 9

(not saying that oaklands isn't, but I just don't know how good they are going to do against that d-line of smyrna. Smyrna's running game reminds me a little of Chris Johnson and L. White with the Titans)

2) Experience this late in the season- "almost every player" that starts now either started in the state championship game last year or got to play and I truly think this will help Smyrna. They know what it takes to get their and they know what it feels like o hold that gold ball up

3)Leadership- With all the drama that is going on with the whole woods story they have not let that get to them. Honestly I think this has made them gel together more as a team. I know it sounds crazy but its true.

These are just a few reasons I think Smyrna will pull this one out. Oakland is a great team and gongrats on making it this far, but I have to go with experience in the big game situation

Smyrna 27

Oakland 9

well if smyrna wins which they wont it will not be by that much presious and sam will dominate this game and if #25 gets in the slot and get the ball he will break the smyrna defense in half

Smyrna 27

Oakland 9

1. Smyrna has a very potent running game and is def a "1-2 punch". I would also agree that its like the Titans "smash and dash" but Oakland has a 1-2-3-4-5 punch knockout! Valentine and Bass carry the load but are complimented by the BIG Dre Frazier, downhill runner T.Mayberry and Mr. B.J. Nelson. Since you compare the bulldogs attack to "smash and dash" of the Titans I will compare ours to "Earth,Wind,and Fire" of the Giants.

2. A few started and some did play but THAT WAS LAST YEAR. Why do you think Oakland is so good? not bc of last year but bc of what we went through last year. Our team is battle tested and lets not forget our coaching staff has put up gold balls also! Theres plenty experience for both teams.

3.Honestly the Woods story wasnt what made them gel. The 4 ot loss made them gel and come together. The woods drama was just a stepping stone if anything. Even the smyrna coach said this on TV.

Experience is key and our "experienced" coaching staff lead us on this journey to a win tonight !!!

27-9? even if Smyrna scores that much u honestly think oakland will not be right there matching them point for point? our defense isnt giving that up and u will see tonight. im done talking. see u in the oakland vs ooltewah/farragut thread!

Good luck to both teams tonight. Hope to see the winner at the Owls Nest next week, but first we have some business to take care of ourselves tonight. I hope the simi's game is as exciting as the 2006 simi's with a different outcome. Play Safe and Play Hard.

Go Owls

if Ooltewah looses does the #1 team(if ohs wins) from our region remain at home for next fridays game?

Oakland may see some players being featured by

Smyrna in different positions than the last time

that they played .

If Smyrna can score first and conyinue to play strong " D " then I think they should win this one.

Oakland may be the first team to score on Smyrna's "D" in the '08 playoffs !

GO DAWGS !!!

SMyrna will see some players in diff packages then last time. we want smyrna to have the ball first and we can differ until the beginning of the 3rd. Oakland will be the first to score on smyrna and probably before smyrna.

No. The winner will have to go on the road, even if it is Oakland.

does it alternate each year or has it always been a home game for that region and our region having to travel?

SMyrna will see some players in diff packages then last time. we want smyrna to have the ball first and we can differ until the beginning of the 3rd. Oakland will be the first to score on smyrna and probably before smyrna.

does it alternate each year or has it always been a home game for that region and our region having to travel?

Yes it does indeed alternate.