Giles County at David Lipscomb-Quarterfinal Match Up

vandy1

Questions for Dyed Purple and Vandy 1:

Dyed Purple:

You mentioned "1" player on Lipscomb's team that has a "tough" background and situation. I can name at least 8 on our team that is just as tough or worse.

Is that your only example for this year?

Vandy 1: (2 questions)

You never answered the question? What is Lipscomb's budget for football?

I know you're private and don't have too, but it would be nice for comparitive purposes.

What do you mean "SH has different issues on campus to deal with"?

We in the public sector don't typically refer to our schools as "campus".

We in public normally reserve that terminology for when we go off to college. That is...........if we can afford it.

There has already been a figure noted in this thread. A calculation based on gate times the amount of homes games. Lipscomb's budget is a bit less than that and thats running all the football programs at Lipscomb. 7th and 8th grade team, The Freshman team and the JV and varsity teams. Doug Mathews (from Radio, College Coach and Sporting Goods fame told me a couple of years ago that Lipscomb spends a quarter of what most other schools spend)

As per SH, they have certain unfortunate situations that is not conducive to getting all the players out for football and I'll leave it at that. I've had coaches tell me that and I have relatives who attend the school.

As per Campus, I have talked with several administrators, coaches, and students who use that term, so I use it. I don't see how that word can would strike a nerve with anyone.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can make this anything I want and I cannot in my wildest dreams imagine anyone who uses the word, "alas" in a post making me stop. You are welcome to try though. I never said there were no poor children at DL I asked how many. I never said there were no minorities or children with learning problems, I asked how many? Giving me one example clearly proves my point and if you don't understand this, you are not smart enough to try and argue with me. I would never belittle the family you described. I am very proud for them. They are among the people I would respect at DL. I have great respect for your coach. I do try to help the children who need help as much as I can. I wish I could do more. You can bring your skills on down to Giles or to some of the public schools in your area and find children who need all kinds of help. (I don't think you need to work with our students in the area of critical thinking skill or writing skills) If you or your children were in public schools you would all ready know of them and could be helping. My criticism of private schools is valid, especially of Christian private schools. Actually I don't have a problem with private school who don't advertise themselves as Christian. BGA or Harpeth are much more honest. They are what they advertise themselves to be...a private education for those who can afford it. How can it be Christian, if it costs money and those that can't pay it aren't welcome? It should be open to all children. Christian, by the very definition is open to all that accept it. Churches don't turn people away, why does David Lipscomb School?

You have still not answered any of my questions on earlier posts

Last I checked, Harpeth was a publically funded school in Cheatham County (no tuition necessary). Just a small example of you not knowing what in the world you are talking about.

There has already been a figure noted in this thread. A calculation based on gate times the amount of homes games. Lipscomb's budget is a bit less than that and thats running all the football programs at Lipscomb. 7th and 8th grade team, The Freshman team and the JV and varsity teams. Doug Mathews (from Radio, College Coach and Sporting Goods fame told me a couple of years ago that Lipscomb spends a quarter of what most other schools spend)

As per SH, they have certain unfortunate situations that is not conducive to getting all the players out for football and I'll leave it at that. I've had coaches tell me that and I have relatives who attend the school.

As per Campus, I have talked with several administrators, coaches, and students who use that term, so I use it. I don't see how that word can would strike a nerve with anyone.

So Lipscomb's budget is less than $10,000/year? I'm sorry I just can't beleive that.

On the SH situations, help me out.

Is it something that the coaches and/or your relatives think is fixable?

Would you PM?

Poor is not having a job at all and I think it is a shame that you don't know that and an example of how really out of touch you are. Poor is going to bed and wondering how you will pay the rent or the house payment. Poor is a teen-age boy or girl who has to work to help support their family. Poor is wanting to replace old shoes and not having the money to do it. Poor is signing up for the Christmas Angel tree, so your children will have a gift for Christmas. I could go on and on. But let me tell you what poor isn't....It's not worrying how you can come up with this year's tuition for a private school so your children can be segregated from the children who fit the real definition of poor.

That is certainly one definition of poor. There are others. Unfortunately, you are too bitter and narrow minded to look outside of your own pity party to see any others.

So, let's try this definition on for size: pathetic - blaming everyone else for your troubles, accusing entire types of schools of being UNchristian either because you are either jealous or perhaps you were once wronged by them - sure it could happen, they are filled with humans - and bitter because your boys lost. In other words, look in the mirror. You know you should check out your son's teeth grinding, I'm sure it's someone else's fault. Probably a student or teacher at the nearest Christian school. Go volunteer in a children's hospital or homeless shelter - I'm sure you have one of those since you have SO many poor people in your area.

Oh, and here's a quote for you: "Well, lah-di-freakin'-dah" Chris Farley. If you don't understand that, come back and I'll explain it.

Guys bring it back to football!! It was fun reading all the post up untill after the game was over and then yall turned abosultly nuts over this privite vs public crap I went to a public school (Livingston Academy) and we played DL in the state title game and it was a almost even match up just like this one was neither school is better than the other. they both have problems and always will. Bring this thread back to like it was before the game started. And by the way dont tell me if i dont want to read it i should just leave ACT YOUR AGE PEOPLE this is a high school game not a matter of life and death

PLEASE Mr. Wildcat, let me just answer that last post from Dyed Purple. I know football games are not a matter of life and death, although for a few minutes it seemed like it on Friday night. Dyed Purple is so pompous and arrogant, and out of touch with the real world that I am having a hard time ACTING MY AGE. If you will make him shut-up, I will shut-up. I promise. While you are at it, will you please make it against the law to use the word, "Alas" on any of these Coach T threads again. I know I am telling on Dyed Purple, but using that word with anything connected to football just seems wrong.

So Lipscomb's budget is less than $10,000/year? I'm sorry I just can't beleive that.

On the SH situations, help me out.

Is it something that the coaches and/or your relatives think is fixable?

Would you PM?

Look closer at the Threads for the amount. At SH its more of an issue that you would find at Metro Public Schools.

Harpeth Hall School for girls and it has a big tuition. Haven't you ever heard of it? Nevermind.

Sure, I know all about Harpeth Hall School. But, that was not what you said. You said Harpeth - that is a totally different school. Wrong again.

That is certainly one definition of poor. There are others. Unfortunately, you are too bitter and narrow minded to look outside of your own pity party to see any others.

So, let's try this definition on for size: pathetic - blaming everyone else for your troubles, accusing entire types of schools of being UNchristian either because you are either jealous or perhaps you were once wronged by them - sure it could happen, they are filled with humans - and bitter because your boys lost. In other words, look in the mirror. You know you should check out your son's teeth grinding, I'm sure it's someone else's fault. Probably a student or teacher at the nearest Christian school. Go volunteer in a children's hospital or homeless shelter - I'm sure you have one of those since you have SO many poor people in your area.

Oh, and here's a quote for you: "Well, lah-di-freakin'-dah" Chris Farley. If you don't understand that, come back and I'll explain it.

Ditto.

Congrats to the Mustangs on another victory. Thanksgiving day practices have become the norm for the Mustangs.

Big time props to the Bobcats of Giles County! I just didn't see you being able to play as good a game as you did during the regular season and you certainly proved me wrong. I said that there was no way DL would play as poorly on defense as they did the first meeting and they didn't... but Giles County still pushed the mustangs around for the better part of the night. The offensive gameplan and execution was still very good... two touchdowns and a field goal are very respectable against David Lipscomb's defense. Most teams don't put points until the DL subs are in.

Giles County's defense had to be the surprise of the night. I thought they would play better but only giving up 10 pts. until that final minute... shocking really. I really did not think Zach Rogers could be taken away the way he was (8 rushes for 14yds and no catches!). The two goalline stands were surprising. Bo's pick was a very athletic play. He proved that he is a talent on defense as well (looked like the best player on the field on this night). Josh Smith had an outstanding night as well on the defensive side of the ball.

You still have to give credit to the Mustangs for finding a way. No doubt the missed extra point breathed life back into them. Caleb Simpson was very composed on the last drive (especially considering that Giles was going to take Rogers away). He was aided by a great play by Hoelzer on the sidelline. The touchdown just worked out like a backyard play... great adjustment on the route by Lehning. With the poise of Simpson and the skill of the non-Rogers receivers on the last drive I understood how David Lipscomb was able to win the Vandy 7 on 7 this summer.

the tssaa has got to do something about the sorry officiating. lipcpmb got all the calls tonight and the other game that they played against giles county. they got there but beat in both games. its bad to take a game away from the kids down here.

Sounds to me like you all got a little taste of what Page got at Giles the week before. Truth be known if officiating was done fairly the week before Page would have been playing DL not Giles.

I was gonna be done posting, but after reading this garbage, I just had to respond once more, and not in my usual sarcastic tone. Giles County had a great team! They executed great, they played hard, they probably should have won. Bottom line is they didn't, not because of officiating, not because they are a poor public school, but because Lipscomb had some luck and some guts also. Ahapplet, I'm not sure if your even serious about the bs that you post, but you can't be serious that money had anything to do with Friday's game. Maybe Lipscomb has some advantages, maybe not, but whatever advantages they have, sure didn't show for the first 46 and a half minutes of the game. Giles County had every opportunity to win that game. You can get on here and say what you want about Lipscomb, but there are good and bad people that are both rich and poor. And just like being poor doesn't make you a bad person, neither does having money make you a bad person either. As I have said many times, you can't legislate fairness. Get rid of the privates and someone else will have an advantage, it could be open zone schools, or schools that put more money into their athletic budget, or just schools that have better athletes, or get lucky and hire a better coach. As nicely as I can say it, I hope you move on in life and don't dwell on this too long. No one at Lipscomb has made your life bad.