Knox Carter Ball is it in them.

BallKing2008

It must be hard to have that much talent and keep from winning. They continue to lose to inferior teams. Can the coach not get control of the situation?

Anderson County will give Carter a game, We have to wait and see if it pays off. After AC comes Fulton, having two back to back losses will be too much for Carter. Carter will have to put in some serious gym time and watch a lot of video, and pray that they can come together and win one.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well put them in the L column again. Halls slapped Carter into submission. Carter was leading 18-5 then blew it on the Me plan again. Halls came back to lead it; 51 to 42 3rd qtr. The final was 77 to 72 halls way. Wake up Carter and play together, and give Joe the ball, and let him earn his keep. The other players need to find their place, and do their job so that they can go into the WIN section of KIL. By not doing that, Carter is off to a BAD season. Maybe last year was the best. IDK

Yea well put ball king... this is what happened Carter came out playing good ball being unselfish feeding the big man the ball, but then halls started using theyre quickness and speed and killed Carter

Carter's starting lineup is just too slow to guard that halls team halls killed them on the penetrate-kick out... If you leave anybody as open as halls was behind the 3 line theyre gonna hit 50 percent of them... The coach should have went zone or went with that last 5 players he had in the game at the end (lester wilson, lee, landry stanton, zach ballinger, and that shorter point guard) cuz Meade and Sharwann were too slow to run man to man in this particular game vs this halls team. Bad coaching + too much me ball when it was crunch time.

Yea well put ball king... this is what happened Carter came out playing good ball being unselfish feeding the big man the ball, but then halls started using theyre quickness and speed and killed Carter

Carter's starting lineup is just too slow to guard that halls team halls killed them on the penetrate-kick out... If you leave anybody as open as halls was behind the 3 line theyre gonna hit 50 percent of them... The coach should have went zone or went with that last 5 players he had in the game at the end (lester wilson, lee, landry stanton, zach ballinger, and that shorter point guard) cuz Meade and Sharwann were too slow to run man to man in this particular game vs this halls team. Bad coaching + too much me ball when it was crunch time.

I think another thing should be said about Anderson County, they were able to slow the game down on AE. The only reason the score was what it was is, because AC couldn't buy a basket. AE forced them to shoot the ball quick. It would have been a closer game if AC's shot was on. Carter on the other hand will face the same as they did when they played Halls and Karns. AC has been planning on this game, and are looking forward to stamping a L on Carter's chest. I don't think one day off will change the outlook for Carter. I have a lot of people asking what is going on with their team. Let's wait and see if they can dig out of a hole, and turn around their program. AC by 10

One thing about Carter I've sen over the years is that they can play terrible one day and great the next so you can never count them out. I still think they will get beat in this game, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do pull it out. I hope they move the ball around and play unselfishly even if it results in a loss. Team ball is the only way this team is going to go anywhere in the post season. Good luck to the hornets

Some of the Carter players need to put in some individual training. A lot of bad passes, dribbling, and shooting was going on. Just 40 min a day will pay off. The question is do they have the will to do it. Need to work on their defense and staying low, too much standing straight up on D and O. You can't get to the next level without it.

Some of the Carter players need to put in some individual training. A lot of bad passes, dribbling, and shooting was going on. Just 40 min a day will pay off. The question is do they have the will to do it. Need to work on their defense and staying low, too much standing straight up on D and O. You can't get to the next level without it.

it looks to me like even if they play me ball they should have the talent to get over most of it and you would think the players would realize that by playing better their game will improve as well but maybe they don't care about the wins just their numbers which is the coaches and parents fault jmo!!!!!!!!!

I've watched Carter basketball for years know and I was worried about this type of play happening. You could tell when this grade (seniors) stepped on campus that they were one of the most talented athletically wise to come through Carter. But you could also tell that they have always relied on beating people by out talenting the other teams. In high school that all changes. The only way to win is to play together and play good fundamentals. Hopefully they can turn it around, but I see it being a long season.

I've watched Carter basketball for years know and I was worried about this type of play happening. You could tell when this grade (seniors) stepped on campus that they were one of the most talented athletically wise to come through Carter. But you could also tell that they have always relied on beating people by out talenting the other teams. In high school that all changes. The only way to win is to play together and play good fundamentals. Hopefully they can turn it around, but I see it being a long season.

imo if things don't change the players will start showing problems among themselfs. this is the worst thing that could happen to a team with this much talent, look at a.e. they are loaded with talent and from what i have seen everyone of them knows their role on the team and it shows at the end of the game, carter should take notes from those guys and swallow their pride and start winning!!!!

The Fulton Carter game is coming up on Friday, and it will be a make or break game for Carter. This game will tell us what is in Carter's heart, because they live for this game. Carter needs to be very agressive on the floor, and be willing to set aside the previous losses, and give that ball a chance to touch plenty of hands. Right now I don't think you can even pull a finger print off of any ball that Carter has played with so far, and if you do it only has a few smidges on it. Work your play and don't panic. Get the ball to the big man, Joe, and let him earn some dirty work, that in turn will free up the open man for the easy shot. I know this is a game that is being watched by the media and others because it is Fulton, but keep in mind not all superstars are made in one night. Team play will get you through, because by now you can tell the other way doesn't work. I look for Fulton to put a lock down on Carter, and to take it to the play makers. Fulton by 20. Sorry Carter.