Who is the best coach in 1A?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to agree...Tony leads by example...practices what he preaches...but most of all honors the man in control his lord and savior Jesus Christ...he has his kids believing and his family is behind him...when it comes to TL you know that if he wins he is going to praise "him" and if he loses he is goin to praise "him".

T.Lambert, and his staff, the best Coaches bar none

Hands down...

I would have to agree...Tony leads by example...practices what he preaches...but most of all honors the man in control his lord and savior Jesus Christ...he has his kids believing and his family is behind him...when it comes to TL you know that if he wins he is going to praise "him" and if he loses he is goin to praise "him".

Well spoken.

Vic Grider, all others are fighting for second place!

whoa, whoa, whoa!!!!! vic grider's been at south pitt for 200 years and is doing nothing more than what's expected of him. my man creasy at trousdale on the other hand, took the reigns of a established powerhouse, had to replace one of the all time top coaches in the state, and has made them even better!!! vic grider is a GREAT coach, but this year he play's second fiddle to the 1st year region four phenom head jacket kevin creasy. show ya love! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

i am just gonna give my opinion on this, everyone is gonna say why THEIRS'sthebest coach, but here is why i believe Coach Comer for McKenzie deserves to be mentioned...from what i have heard from adults growing up and all my obtained knowledge, the McKenzie Rebel football program was never even close to what it is now. making the playoffs used to be a big deal to us because we would struggle at times to make it there, every since Coach came along, we have not missed the playoffs once. i believe this is around his 10th year. even making the playoffs, we never made it far. back in '01 and '02, we made it to the semi's for the first time in school history. last year, of course, he and his staff coached us to the state championship for the first time. but what impresses me the most is his ability to get the best out of the players. give him a player like Derek Carr (1A Mr. Football Finalist last year) and he will show him leadership. give him a player nobody expects to be good, he'll put him where he can best help the team. He isn't in a class with the best of the best YET until he wins a state championship. i feel if Coach keeps doing what he is doing, that day will come soon.

i am just gonna give my opinion on this, everyone is gonna say why THEIRS'sthebest coach, but here is why i believe Coach Comer for McKenzie deserves to be mentioned...from what i have heard from adults growing up and all my obtained knowledge, the McKenzie Rebel football program was never even close to what it is now. making the playoffs used to be a big deal to us because we would struggle at times to make it there, every since Coach came along, we have not missed the playoffs once. i believe this is around his 10th year. even making the playoffs, we never made it far. back in '01 and '02, we made it to the semi's for the first time in school history. last year, of course, heand his staff coached us to the state championship for the first time. but what impresses me the most is his ability to get the best out of the players. give him a player like Derek Carr (1A Mr. Football Finalist last year) and he will show him leadership. give him a player nobody expects to be good, he'll put him where he can best help the team. He isn't in a class with the best of the best YET until he wins a state championship. i feel if Coach kepps doing what he is doing, that day will come soon.

I disagree w/ that last statement; I am more impressed w/ a coach that can get alot out of a team w/ less talent. Everybody mentions SP and TC coahes b/c they obviously have the state titles but they have great athletes year in year out. I am not saying they are not good/great coaches b/c I am certain they are but I cant help to wonder if you did nothing more but switch coaches last year in the state title game between SP/Mckenzie, would the outcome be any different? You tell me. I would also like to mention Coach Adkins for JBS; he has implemented a solid program there and you do not have to be a genius to see that they dont have the best athletes in 1A.....