FELONY FOOTBALL

EXCHEQUER

Where was it reported that the sting operation was as AE? I must have missed that.

There was a problem come up with Midway players , not near as serious and the coach dismissed all players envolved. It ruined their season. but sent a message to the up and coming talent.

This was a sting operation at AE . Not much question about who was involved . If they play this week and then are found guilty, the coach should have to pay some conciquences as well . I think their title or any wins after a guilty verdict should be striped from the time of being accused.I think the school board should have something to say if the coach wont. 8 players in a organized ring . This needs addressed more seriously. I wounder could the coach have been involved , it doen't make since .

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sir things have gotten better over the years from my point of veiw.

What gets me is people like you are so appauled youn players get into the same trouble that non atheletes

get into, But when a non athelete gets in to trouble I dont here a peep out of people.

And if atheletes acting bad is so disturbing why do peple like you turn a blind eye and sometimes even

cheer hocky players when the bash eachothers face in in front of children.

Is that really the best you can do? Getting better ,are you serious? Just look at the NFL ranks, Tn Titan steps on the face of another player with intent to do harm beyond the game. Tn Titan cannot stay out of trouble , even with all his $$$ he cannot control the urge to get into trouble. Fla St athlete moons fans from the endzone. UT player repeatedly arrested for DUI. IT goes on and on and all because at the first sign of at risk behavior they get coddle and there is no consequence (no loss , no sacrifice on their part) for their actions. Don't be ridiculous , athletes are generally held to a higher standard and are expected to "represent" their institution(s) and community at a higher level than "others. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> "

I am all for innocent until proven guiltybut an arrest has been made so there must be compelling evidence to the fact. The fact remains that this is a little beyond "beginning to show at risk behavior." If any of these were my children they would definitely not be playing football after this. This has become a pervasive problem over the last several decades all the way through to the professional ranks due to the lack of consequences for actions within a culture. As a result our young people "grow up" ,or not , doing whatever they want to. Just look at the headlines over the years and it is getting progressively worse because of the lack of discipline for whatever reason. I would submit ,that any COACH worth his salt, that truly cares about his young men (or women) would do what is appropriate in this situation and what is best for the team , school and sets the best example. JMO

I never said do an investigation with the coach and administration and then automatically let the kids play. rather do an in depth investigation and make the decision on that not kick them off just because they are charged.

The key here is don't throw a kid under the bus without careful investigation and consideration. The facts may lead you to dismiss a kid and they may lead you to support the kid. The key once again is the facts of that specific situation.

Your quote

"I am all for innocent until proven guiltybut an arrest has been made so there must be compelling evidence to the fact"

really??

The number of cases in court that would prove that thinking not only wrong but dangerous are to numerous to list.

Ok , I agree with you on the law. If it were my son and he was arrested for this I would be awe struck , hurt for him and I would stand by him even if he was guilty. And at the point where he was apprehended while evading police while in possession of stolen property there are going to be affects on him , his family , his friends , school and his team REGARDLESS of whether he his convicted or not. What I am saying is that the appearance of impropriety is what affects the previously mentioned. By not allowing him to participate in a ballgame is not convicting him for a crime, his character at this point is in question and participating in sports is a privilege not a right. Do you see where I am coming from. These young men need to see the error of their ways , they need to be ratcheted down a little so they do not ruin their lives. If not now when? When it is too late.?

Playing highschool sports is not a right. these boys brought shame to their family/school/team and neighborhood if the coach does not sit them he is a worthless piece of crap and not worth his weight in salt. That should go for any team/coach in America

agreed!

If it doesn't fit. You must aquit.

Sound familiar?

NFL and former Vol Little. Still plays football. Anyone else would be under the jail.

All should be accountable for actions no matter who they are.

agreed!

They may be innocent until proven guilty but they wouldn't be playing on my team due to the circumstances. This is not just an accusation by some random person, this was caught on camera and they were found with the stolen items. That is plenty enough reason to tell them to turn their stuff in. If they are just accused without evidence then you have some grounds, however unstable, to stand by your player and allow them to continue. This is not the case. If they were in fact caught on camera and with the stolen items I challenge anyone to justify how they believe they should be able to play.

Alcoa player and DI recruit Brian Sommers was found with marijuana all over the front and back seat of his car, leading me to believe it was porbably just remnants from where he was using it in the recent past. It wasn't a bag or ounces, just pieces I believe. Rankin removed him from the team, no questions asked. He was supposed to be a star, but he did not behave the way a player should. The same swiftness should be carried out in the Austin East situation.

Alcoa player and DI recruit Brian Sommers was found with marijuana all over the front and back seat of his car, leading me to believe it was porbably just remnants from where he was using it in the recent past. It wasn't a bag or ounces, just pieces I believe. Rankin removed him from the team, no questions asked. He was supposed to be a star, but he did not behave the way a player should. The same swiftness should be carried out in the Austin East situation.

Good point fellers......Butt in tha mean time, Eye hope tha people at Catlick haz got everthang out thair bolted/pop riveted down Fridee nite..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Playing highschool sports is not a right. these boys brought shame to their family/school/team and neighborhood if the coach does not sit them he is a worthless piece of crap and not worth his weight in salt. That should go for any team/coach in America

This situation now brings into question the character and integrity of the coaching staff, school, and administration. The decision that is made, regardless of which way, will have a direct affect on how they are perceived. This is a lesson that is not in the classroom, but still has to be taught. These boys behavior is a direct reflection on their school, like it or not. Now, does the light get turned off or does the reflection get brighter. My opinion is to bust the light bulb and remove them from the team. Playing high school sports is a priveledge just like driving is a priveledge. A driver's license can be revoked. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />