2009 Huntingdon Football Schedule

PWII

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Redgrange.. Heck man, Red Boilings Springs couldn't beat Houston County's B-team. What's your point?

Since 2000 Huntingdon has a record of 82-32 for a winning % of 72%. Not shabby for teams with no talent. Probably could have that % up to 90% if we scheduled cupcakes. You are correct in saying this is not the NFL and not 1965. I'll give you that.

Don't know what's up with you but all I asked is why schedule Dyer County and you start talking about being a crybaby. Not questioning Coach Swenson because he has his reasons.

Coach Hayes is at Southside now so why not swap them for Dyer County? Think Milan has rather play B.T. Washington or Southside? Same for us.

Everybody knew this would be a tough year because of all the Seniors that graduated last year and many players have never started before this year. All schools go through that. Ever think why Lewis County can't get out of the 2nd round? I don't think anyone has the luxury of seeing the talent down for the next year and then be able to rearrange their schedule accordingly, do you? Huntingdon is Huntingdon. Will they win every game? NO.. Play hard? You bet..

Sure would like to see your proposed schedule for next year. Got to go get my tongue back in place... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Mr. Mustang......I knew you would keep this thread rolling while I was in persuit of commerce today. Some folks from town don't realize the talent that we have coming up for the next 2 - 3 years.

Mr. Mustang......I knew you would keep this thread rolling while I was in persuit of commerce today. Some folks from town don't realize the talent that we have coming up for the next 2 - 3 years.

I know, and those that are close to the program do too. They'll have to work and get it in their head what it takes to get back on top. We've always played these teams so why quit now. I like the looks of next year's Freshman class.

If anybody can come up with a different schedule and explain why it would benefit the program, I'd like to hear it.

Why not schedule tough out of region games? With that region Swenson knows he can take some chances out of region and walk into the playoffs with only 1 region loss at worst! Stangs will dominate this region along with McKenzie. Stangs will be battle tested and make DEEP runs towards the ship for the next 4 years.

I thought Huntington was in Single A and McKenzie in 2A..And that all McKenzie had to do was beat Dresden to get in the playoffs..!

I know Huntington is playing all those schools during the regular season but just has to contend with Bruceton,Greenfield,West Carrol in the playoffs..So..Huntington should control that region and if McKenzie just has to beat Dresden each year to get in...to win 1 game..I like their chances !

I know, and those that are close to the program do too. They'll have to work and get it in their head what it takes to get back on top. We've always played these teams so why quit now. I like the looks of next year's Freshman class.

Maybe I'm missing something but didn't our 8th grade only win like 2 games this year? Our high school coaches have to work a lot harder these days to teach our players the basics because most of the people on here know more about football than the middle school coaches do.

Another problem with our program is that the kids do not know what it takes to win. In the 90's and early 2000's Huntingdon knew what working meant. Some of the kids now have had everything handed to them so its going to take more than just teaching these kids football for them to be special. Coach Swenson has a lot of work ahead him but I think he is the perfect man for the job. He has become a lot better coach in the last 5 or 6 years and it shows with the results of his teams. I understand that we have some talent in Huntingdon but they have talent on the hill in Knoxville as well and we all see how their season has gone. I just hope the kids stick together and work hard like has been done in Huntingdon for the past 80 years.

Maybe I'm missing something but didn't our 8th grade only win like 2 games this year? Our high school coaches have to work a lot harder these days to teach our players the basics because most of the people on here know more about football than the middle school coaches do.

Another problem with our program is that the kids do not know what it takes to win. In the 90's and early 2000's Huntingdon knew what working meant. Some of the kids now have had everything handed to them so its going to take more than just teaching these kids football for them to be special. Coach Swenson has a lot of work ahead him but I think he is the perfect man for the job. He has become a lot better coach in the last 5 or 6 years and it shows with the results of his teams. I understand that we have some talent in Huntingdon but they have talent on the hill in Knoxville as well and we all see how their season has gone. I just hope the kids stick together and work hard like has been done in Huntingdon for the past 80 years.

Good post. Although their won/loss record was 3-3, I believe they have some talent. It's kinda like the year when all-state running back Matt Weathers was in the Middle School. They had him at guard. Coach Carroll put in Swenson's double wing offense and the Middle school had never seen it before this fall. They struggled with it early but got better as the year went on. Just basic stuff with the same plays the High School ran. There are several boys on that team that are tough and mean. Good size too. There were two pee wee teams in Huntingdon for the first time in awhile and from my understanding the coaches had them running the High School plays too.

Slowly the ground work in getting into place.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Dont let junior high records fool ya now. the senior class of 05 went 2 and 4 there 8th grade year and they didnt do too bad there senior year. runner up in 2A in one of the best state title games in history aint too shabby buddy

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Dont let junior high records fool ya now. the senior class of 05 went 2 and 4 there 8th grade year and they didnt do too bad there senior year. runner up in 2A in one of the best state title games in history aint too shabby buddy

Mustang5305.. You weren't too shabby either... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I mostly like to read the comments on here. Some are good and some are really good. Mr Mustang I would like to tell

ya ----you are one strong Mustang! I will give you credit-- you know your Mustang football. I feel the same as you about

playing the BIG RED of Lexington. We should play them instead of Dyer County. Them folks in Newbern don't know where H-town is! LOL

Mustang Country is 1A now and should have been sooner! Each class is getting smaller but the Mustang Heart is Big and will show come August 2009

Nothing like the Heart of a Huntingdon Mustang Football Player! They will give it all no matter where or when or who they play.

Go Mustangs! Playing Martin Westview is on my mind right now---can't get here soon enough!

Good post. Although their won/loss record was 3-3, I believe they have some talent. It's kinda like the year when all-state running back Matt Weathers was in the Middle School. They had him at guard. Coach Carroll put in Swenson's double wing offense and the Middle school had never seen it before this fall. They struggled with it early but got better as the year went on. Just basic stuff with the same plays the High School ran. There are several boys on that team that are tough and mean. Good size too. There were two pee wee teams in Huntingdon for the first time in awhile and from my understanding the coaches had them running the High School plays too.

Slowly the ground work in getting into place.

i think thats why he was so good is because he played in the trenches and a player that can running back ,and i mean actually play running are really good because they are already tough from playing in the trenches. I don't know but looks like huntingdon will dominate.

You're right but you also have to remember some of the main parts of that team came from 06 and 07 classes. I think the groups coming up have a lot of potiental but potiental does not mean anything. They will have to be willing to work and with Coach Swenson and Coach Miller being back I don't think they will have much of a choice.