Tullahoma Girls Basketball 2008-09

Skipper

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What in the World has happened to cause you to be missing 9 players? That is devastating. What is the deal?

Nothing happened they are not missing any players, talked to coach tonight to confirm this. MJUHB has lost his mind, i dont know where he is getting his information. Give the girls a break!! Tullahoma is building a strong base, if the parents will work with them and be patient there will be good things happen in the future.

Nothing happened they are not missing any players, talked to coach tonight to confirm this. MJUHB has lost his mind, i dont know where he is getting his information. Give the girls a break!! Tullahoma is building a strong base, if the parents will work with them and be patient there will be good things happen in the future.

Maybe MJUHB is actually the cheerleader who got the head shot in the video.

3 seniors chelsea jackson played 2 years quit for soccer

holly kiser started 2 years went to shelbyville now not playing

stephanie mullins quit

2 juniors jenna larson started last year i assume she quit

kaitlin buchanan moved to shelbyville

3 sophmores katie brock never tried out

emma chessor never tried out

alexis jacobs played last year this year i don't know

1 freshman that went to shelbyville but i can't remember her name

kiser, buchanan and brock are potential starters and the others could contribute greatly to the team

no the future is not bright and you can't build a base when your most talented played quit

plus the kaitlin buchanan situation is so complicated that you need 3 pages to explain it

What is Brock playing now?

She is a very talented singer and loves the theater. She chose to pursue those things rather than basketball. She was the middle school conference Player of the Year her eighth-grade year. Very athletic, strong, can run like a guard and was very aggresssive. No doubt she could have been a program changer for Tullahoma since they've never really settled the post player puzzle, but you can't blame a kid for following what she loves. She's also a wonderful young lady, by the way.

She is a very talented singer and loves the theater. She chose to pursue those things rather than basketball. She was the middle school conference Player of the Year her eighth-grade year. Very athletic, strong, can run like a guard and was very aggresssive. No doubt she could have been a program changer for Tullahoma since they've never really settled the post player puzzle, but you can't blame a kid for following what she loves. She's also a wonderful young lady, by the way.

very smart too

Every team has players that drop out of the program due to disinterest, lack of playing time, another sport, or when they move out of the area. Chelsea Jackson only played her freshman year, but quit for soccer. Stephanie Mullins was a good player, but would not have been a starter, and quit for soccer and softball. Jenna Larson was a starting post player last year, but quit for soccer. Kaitlin Buchanan was not a starter, and was cut from the team. Katie Brock played in middle school, but never in high school. She quit for her interest in the arts (music/plays). She would be a starting post player if she had stayed with basketball. Kiser was very tall, and was a starting post player in her freshman year, but moved to Shelbyville and is now out of basketball. Emma Chessor quit for soccer and softball. I believe that Alexis Jacobs moved out of the area.

Tullahoma has a strong soccer program, but a basketball program that is still building. Several of the girls have chosen soccer over basketball (Jackson, Mullins, Larson & Chessor). Only 1 basketball player, starting post player Kristen Vance, is doing both sports. Buchanon would have been playing basketball, soccer and track if she had not been cut from the basketball team. Kristina Tucker and Olivia Barlow are the only players that have chosen basketball over soccer. Once the basketball team shows success, they may be able to keep so many players from choosing soccer over basketball.

Tullahoma has talented players who have played together for many years, and had great success in their middle school through freshman years. They lack size, especially at the post position. Kristen Vance and Cam Davis are good players, but Cam is too small for the position. If they had a tall, talented and experienced post player transfer in, it would give the program a huge boost.

When did Tullahoma start having its soccer seasons in the winter?

While the school season does not overlap, the girls have opportunities to play year-round in basketball and soccer. I believe that soccer now has a non-school indoor season that overlaps basketball. I think the school basketball and soccer teams have camps in the summer that may overlap, and soccer players on summer traveling teams are unable to participate in summer basketball camps. I think the high school coaches of the various sports encourage their players to commit to their sport over the others, and are not very supportive of the players wanting to do other activities as well.

You are right, cooperation is the key. Here, the girl tied for the lead in scoring so far has been all-area in volleyball the last two years, the other leading scorer played volleyball this past year. #3 in scoring has been all-area in softball since her freshman year (1 second team and 2 first team) and will play softball in college. She plays summer softball out of Atlanta. A starting guard was the goalie in soccer. Backups include at least 3 volleyball players and one of those was also second on the softball team in batting last season as a freshman. It can be done.

well if the girls want to pay 500 to 700 dollars and travel to murfreesboro or williamson co they can play from november to the 4th of july

basketball camps have to be completed before the dead period but in soccer they go to camp towards the last of july