Is Oak Ridge playing their best Athletes?

jedave30

Who said anything about the officers of the booster's club? I was talking about the booster club in general. Tell me why aren't these kids who started on the Freshman and JV playing now? Don't just name me 1 or 2 players. Then you will prove my point. You tell me that you gone underfeated for 2 years and now all of sudden you have become a 5 and 5 team. That doesn't make sense to me. Are you telling me that Cody Cofer is not good enough to be the backup quarterback if not the starter? He can make plays. Tell me who is second string quarterback? Listen to his name as you say it. Cody at receiver will not cut it if you don't have someone to throw him the ball. Please reply!!!!!

Posted by deialways:

You questioned in your post if we are trying to satisfy the boosters. You know everything, so I won't try to tell you who the officer's are or who they're kids are. But, I will say this. All of the kids share their parents last names, and they all (including the officers) will be listed in the program that will be on sale at the opening game. You check that roster and list of officers and find more than one starter, then you will be entitled to ask such questions. Until you can back it up, I guess you mean the boosters club officers do not want their sons to play. Perhaps you don't know who the booster officers are. If that's the case you certainly don't qualify to ask such questions. This year is much like most years. The parents who volunteer to do all the work and raise all the money don't need to watch the game. After all, their kids don't usually play. The starting kids' parents usually don't volunteer, and some don't even attend the games. I've carried on long enough, but if you find more than one starter in the officer's families, get back with me, and I will apologize.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jedave30, to make it simple for you:

If the almighty likes you it doesn't matter who is the best player. You will be starter. Last year there was more talent riding the pine than on the field.

If the almighty doesn't like you are finished. Boosters has nothing to do with it.

Lord God King Boofoo doesn't care if he wins or loses. He cares he can say who steps on the field on friday nights.

Posted by jedave30:

Who said anything about the officers of the booster's club? I was talking about the booster club in general. Tell me why aren't these kids who started on the Freshman and JV playing now? Don't just name me 1 or 2 players. Then you will prove my point. You tell me that you gone underfeated for 2 years and now all of sudden you have become a 5 and 5 team. That doesn't make sense to me. Are you telling me that Cody Cofer is not good enough to be the backup quarterback if not the starter? He can make plays. Tell me who is second string quarterback? Listen to his name as you say it. Cody at receiver will not cut it if you don't have someone to throw him the ball. Please reply!!!!!

Posted by deialways:

You questioned in your post if we are trying to satisfy the boosters. You know everything, so I won't try to tell you who the officer's are or who they're kids are. But, I will say this. All of the kids share their parents last names, and they all (including the officers) will be listed in the program that will be on sale at the opening game. You check that roster and list of officers and find more than one starter, then you will be entitled to ask such questions. Until you can back it up, I guess you mean the boosters club officers do not want their sons to play. Perhaps you don't know who the booster officers are. If that's the case you certainly don't qualify to ask such questions. This year is much like most years. The parents who volunteer to do all the work and raise all the money don't need to watch the game. After all, their kids don't usually play. The starting kids' parents usually don't volunteer, and some don't even attend the games. I've carried on long enough, but if you find more than one starter in the officer's families, get back with me, and I will apologize.

;)

You did not name the players you were looking for from the previous J.V. or Freshman squads, but I assume you are talking about players that have been mentioned on this website on previous threads. Had you read those, you would have found that most of these players have not obeyed the rules, are no longer enrolled at Oak Ridge, or even broke the law. I guess if you were the coach, they would still be on the team, and we could call them the Oak Ridge Truants or Thugs. Philip Fulmer does not allow those kind of individuals to remain on his team, why should Bruce Lussier?

The only player you can pinpoint to play to satisfy the boosters is a second-string quarterback? Wow, that should win Lussier some points with the boosters. I believe that we should be proud that Coach Lussier does not care what your talent level is, if you can't abide by the rules and more importantly, the laws of the land. And by the way, many of the players who will line up on Friday nights, are the same players who lined up on Monday nights the last two years. You must have forgot that football is a team sport. Just because you did not know all the players name on the roster does not mean that they did not play on those undefeated teams. Why don't you list who you think should start and then wake up and remember you are not the coach that needs to make those decisions? How could you be better qualified than the Head Coach? Are you with them everyday at practice, in school, in the halls? It is so very easy to only watch the scrimmages and games on Friday nights, and then armchair coach yourself into a state championship.

Posted by jedave30:

You had mentioned Concord De LaSalle and Cleveland running the Wing-T formation. Yes, I did consider the Wing-T to be a good formation in the middle to late 80's. What has that offense done for them lately? Now days, defense are a lot smarter. Back then, that was a formation that was hard to figure out. Now since time has prgress, defenses have learned how to stop it. You can't run a Wing-T with one good running back and it's showing. Yes that one running back may get his yards, but what about the other running backs. One man can't be you.

Concord De LaSalle is in the midst of a 100+ game win streak and finished Number One in USA Today last year. Seems like the Wing-T HAS done something lately! :D

How many good running backs do they have? I bet you it's more than 1. Point proven!!!!

Posted by rabidwildcatfan:
Posted by jedave30:

You had mentioned Concord De LaSalle and Cleveland running the Wing-T formation. Yes, I did consider the Wing-T to be a good formation in the middle to late 80's. What has that offense done for them lately? Now days, defense are a lot smarter. Back then, that was a formation that was hard to figure out. Now since time has prgress, defenses have learned how to stop it. You can't run a Wing-T with one good running back and it's showing. Yes that one running back may get his yards, but what about the other running backs. One man can't be you.

Concord De LaSalle is in the midst of a 100+ game win streak and finished Number One in USA Today last year. Seems like the Wing-T HAS done something lately! :D

jedave30,

If Oak Ridge truly has only one talented player as you say, do you think a change of formation will change everything? No team wins it all in 5-A with only one talented player.

Teams knew what Oak Ridge was going to run when Oak Ridge ran the I-formation, they just couldn't often stop it.

The talent level at Oak Ridge has dropped off. I believe there are athletes in the community, but these kids aren't playing football. Am I a big fan of the coach? No, but it is not his sole responsibility to make sure kids are eligible and/or stay out of trouble.

The parents and previous coaches of many of these kids have coddled them. The kids were able to get by on athletic ability alone when they were younger and have never learned any type of work ethic.

I do think a change in coaches would help, but it is not the only answer.

rabidwildcatfan, every post you make shows more and more you don't know what you are talking about concerning the players in question. Where do you get the bull#@#t information you put on here??

The group of kids in question worked harder than anybody and had a relentless work ethic to be as dominating as they were coming up.

Who told you they were coddled?

I also know for a fact most of the BS out of BL's pie hole is fabricated total BS. No successful coach at Oak Ridge has ever talked down about his players like he has on TV and the paper or behind their backs.

Keep listening and believe what you want but there has never been a period in Oak Ridge Football where the blame has been put on the players. BL may not be solely responsible but I would be willing to bet if any of the truly successful former coaches from Coach Jack Armstrong to Coach Emory Hale to Coach Joe Gaddis were responsible:

THIS WOULD NOT BE HAPPENING!!

Say what you want that is the purpose of these boards.

jedave30,

If Oak Ridge truly has only one talented player as you say, do you think a change of formation will change everything? No team wins it all in 5-A with only one talented player.

Teams knew what Oak Ridge was going to run when Oak Ridge ran the I-formation, they just couldn't often stop it.

The talent level at Oak Ridge has dropped off. I believe there are athletes in the community, but these kids aren't playing football. Am I a big fan of the coach? No, but it is not his sole responsibility to make sure kids are eligible and/or stay out of trouble.

The parents and previous coaches of many of these kids have coddled them. The kids were able to get by on athletic ability alone when they were younger and have never learned any type of work ethic.

There is no one a bigger fan of the Coach than I am. I played for Coach Lussier and my condientials speak for themselves. My point is Oak Ridge does have more than 1 talented player but they are not getting a chance to play. If you are going to limited the other talented players and use what you think who can get it done for you, why not go to the I formation. Corey Booker is the only talented running back that he is playing right now.

I agree.. The talent has dropped off at Oak Ridge. Why is that? If you attend football games, do you experience excitement on Friday nights like you did 3 to 10+ years ago? Look around the stadium, the attendance is down. What's the reason for that? No excitement!!!! Why, because their's no one making plays or even coming close to making plays. Why, because the play makers are on the side line not getting a chance to make plays.

jedave30,

One of my closet friend is the head coach at Austin East. He took over a 1-9 team and won the state championship in 3 years. Ask him what was his approach..... He had less talent than what Oak Ridge has!!!

I'm not going to name a starting line up for you. If you know talent then you can evaluate the team yourself. Obviously you don't. This isn't about Coach Lussier as a man, it's about Coach Lussier as a coach. You still haven't told me why you don't hear about those guys who started on Freshman and JV. The guys who had an underfeated season.

I do agree with you about breaking a rule. If you break a rule, I do believe you should be punished. The guys who broke rules didn't even play last year. Yes, they were going to go out this year but they couldn't get their act together. Those guys didn't have anything to do with the previous underfeated seasons. Those guys could have helped a lot this year if they would have gotten in trouble. That's something we'll never know.

Sorry to end this so quickly, but I have to go or else I will be breaking my employer rules.

Posted by deialways:

You did not name the players you were looking for from the previous J.V. or Freshman squads, but I assume you are talking about players that have been mentioned on this website on previous threads. Had you read those, you would have found that most of these players have not obeyed the rules, are no longer enrolled at Oak Ridge, or even broke the law. I guess if you were the coach, they would still be on the team, and we could call them the Oak Ridge Truants or Thugs. Philip Fulmer does not allow those kind of individuals to remain on his team, why should Bruce Lussier?

The only player you can pinpoint to play to satisfy the boosters is a second-string quarterback? Wow, that should win Lussier some points with the boosters. I believe that we should be proud that Coach Lussier does not care what your talent level is, if you can't abide by the rules and more importantly, the laws of the land. And by the way, many of the players who will line up on Friday nights, are the same players who lined up on Monday nights the last two years. You must have forgot that football is a team sport. Just because you did not know all the players name on the roster does not mean that they did not play on those undefeated teams. Why don't you list who you think should start and then wake up and remember you are not the coach that needs to make those decisions? How could you be better qualified than the Head Coach? Are you with them everyday at practice, in school, in the halls? It is so very easy to only watch the scrimmages and games on Friday nights, and then armchair coach yourself into a state championship.

jedave, your closest friend, Coach Stevens approach is the opposite of the current OR coach. Coach Stevens will go talk to athletes, call them into his office. Encourage athletes to play for him. BL wouldn't get out and do those things. I know of a kid who started as a junior and thought he would pass up his senior year and the kids dad went to BL and asked him to please talk to him and encourage him to play.....He refused to even talk to him! You know Coach Stevens would have pumped the kid up and he would have played.