Is Oak Ridge playing their best Athletes?

jedave30

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i play for oak ridge and maybe i can respond to your concerns. First of all the freshman have not gone undefeated for since 1999. Freshman starters have to come up into a new much more demanding system, same for the jvs to a lesser extent. On Friday night everyone is bigger and the game gets faster and more complicated and many players simply cant adjust because they are too arrogant to listen to coaches and older players. On the subject of Cody Cofer, he did start QB for us during the spring and proceded to totally botch 4 out of 4 plays on our first drive, he has been missing a lot of practice and cant mentally handle teh quarterback job. This is Oak Ridge, not Clinton, we dont just show up on friday expecting to play, one has to work all week to get a shot.

Matt King #62

TheAfterMath... The word you are looking for is "credentials". You may be confused with the "Prudential Life Insurance Company".

Catwatch... I don't want to kill you! LOL!

AND... last but not least... Mister Matt King #62... It is good to hear you are so supportive of your fellow players. You have to keep that positive outlook or the Booster Club President (your Mom) will be doing all that work for nothing. You should get high praises from your Coach with your positive outlook and attitude. Why did you bring Clinton up in your post? It looks like Clinton bulletin board material to me! Oops... the Coach won't like that. I hope the Coach doesn't read your post or your playing time may be limited.

[Edited by ohreally on 8-22-02 11:10P]

ohreally, ok, I , for the first time, must question your post. Forgive me. You insinuated there was playing time..... to be limited.

And #62 tell us about: 1.] Who are you calling arrogant?

2.] Has your size and SPEED put you in the starting line-up?

3.] Did Bruce or you mommy authorize this post?

4.] Where are you going to hide when Mr. Cofer hears about this stab? lol :rolleyes:

I agree.. The game is faster and the players are bigger, but the guys who was starting as Freshmen and JV are not playing now. Are you telling me that the backup players for the Freshman and JV developed faster than the starters.

Tell me what have your starting quarterback done to this point. Eliminate the DUMP off passes to Corey.

Sine you are a player, you tell me who's the better quarterback.

It's not wise to post your name and number, because now you have to produce unless you don't get into games. If that is the case, I'll hold me opinion.

Posted by catbooster:

i play for oak ridge and maybe i can respond to your concerns. First of all the freshman have not gone undefeated for since 1999. Freshman starters have to come up into a new much more demanding system, same for the jvs to a lesser extent. On Friday night everyone is bigger and the game gets faster and more complicated and many players simply cant adjust because they are too arrogant to listen to coaches and older players. On the subject of Cody Cofer, he did start QB for us during the spring and proceded to totally botch 4 out of 4 plays on our first drive, he has been missing a lot of practice and cant mentally handle teh quarterback job. This is Oak Ridge, not Clinton, we dont just show up on friday expecting to play, one has to work all week to get a shot.

Matt King #62

finalsay,

My bad! I'm a little confused, but I can blame it on my age. My insinuation was in error. What was I thinking?

You did pose some interesting questions to Mr. King #62. I hope Coach Lussier and Matt's mom allow him to answer your questions. I think the answers may be more interesting than his previous statements.

catbooster..#62 Please enlighten us on your contributions on the field in the scrimmage last night?

Are you a PLAYER or spectator?

Congratulations to the Wildcats for the victory!

Posted by catbooster:

Matt King #62

;);)

Guest 3teasley0

2bear2 was exactly right. Being a former OR player in the "wing t" years, I can safly say that he is right, because from my freshman year we lost so many players due to other sports, grades, or other various reasons. But it is not the coaches fault that they are loosing players. Coach Lussier is being nagged just cause he is loosing talent.

I think I can "safely" say that Mr. Teasley gained a wealth of knowledge as he walked the halls of Oak Ridge High School. 3Teasley0, you must be proud.

"Losing" talented players to various pitfalls seems to be a growing problem in Oak Ridge.

Grades should not be a problem... but they are.

Other sports should not be a problem... What other sport competes with football in the fall?

Players who get in trouble with the law should not be a problem... but, sadly, it is a problem.

What could Coach Lussier possibly do about losing talent? I am sure Coach Lussier has a set of challenges and problems unlike any other coach that paced the sidelines of Blankenship Field. How are Coach Lussier's problems (i.e., losing talented players) different from the problems of any other coach?

Either the problems are different these days or it is the way the problems are dealt with.

[Edited by ohreally on 8-26-02 11:24P]