Oneida hosts Trousdale

remade28

You guys can crunch numbers, look at polls, survey, etc...but the final numbers will be on the scoreboard tonight.?  Both teams have had an exceptional season-?  Don't let your team down-just play the best 4 quarters of ball of your lives.?  This opportunity will never pass this way again.?  ENJOY!!!?  Got to go with the River Rats on this one.?  GO JACKETS!!!!

Question:?  Will there be enough people left in Hartsville to put out a fire??  I know several who are planning on making the trip.?  For those of us who are unable to attend, I'll say a prayer for everyone's safety and give' em all you got.?  Creasy may have to go to the "Satterfield Football Archives"?  for this game.? 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Its finally Friday. This will be my last post BEFORE the game.I just wanted to get on here and thank everyone for putting up with me this week. Thanks to everyone who "played" and will be playing tonight, for giving us something to talk about. Hope everybody has a safe trip, and everyone gets to see a great ballgame. Good Luck to the Jackets, and Coach Creasy.

Well ive had computer troubles about all week and just got a chance to read and catch up this mornin, friday is finally here.. and oddly when i woke up a few hours ago.. two a days was on tv and i havent seen it on in a long time, it was the episode of the semi final game and i thought? is it meant to be haha jk but it did get me pumped up, tonight is gonna be a great atmosphere with alot of die hard football fans there.. i hope to see a game that will go down as one of the greats. the 2 teams mirror eachother in alot of aspects of the game. The indans need to come out and play to win.. because if you wanna stay there you gotta play there so if they want a shot at the gold next week they gotta play like they deserve it! Have a safe trip up guys, we'll be waitin on ya /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Oneida- 20

Trousdale-17

I hope everyone has a safe trip and we have a great game here in Oneida tonight!

I would also like to wish Trousdale Co. just enough good luck to come in second place in the game tonight. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Finally the long a-waited day has arrived for all. Its been interesting going through this thread this wk. [some intelligent & resonable, and oh yeah; some way out there, probably from me /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ]. I can see both communities are very passionate over their football team. This is a part of what high school football is all about. [Give us the bragging rights for at least a yr]. Both teams are very "HUNGRY"! to get to the "BIG SHOW". Once again the the Oneida "INDIANS" having went through Trousdale Co. "YELLOW JACKETS" in 92 are at the threshold to get back to the show after a 16yr wait. Coach T.L has done a excepional job with those Indians. I'm sure he has his team focused and ready for the game at hand tonight. [Congrats to him, staff & team on the Region2 championship].

One the other hand Trousdale Co. is coming into a "HOSTILE" environment tonight. Those Indians of Oneida will most likely have other surrounding communities attending this game to support their fellow region2 foes. There's no doubt that the "RESERVATION" will be at its capacity, and look for it to be "ROCKING"

It's been 3 long yrs since we've tasted the "BIG SHOW" opportunity is at hand. We have a team in front of us, which will do all they can to keep us from obtaining our mission. All we need to do is bring our best. [Coach Creasy & Staff. nothing I need to say, you've had the team ready all yr. Look foward seeing you all tonight].

[Attention to detail, Perfection & 'HIT HARD"].

"Lets give'em a show, to get to the show"

Huntskp2,

I used the The Sports Report (found it on TSSAA.org website) because it was about the only one I could find that was updated through the latest playoff games, and had the teams separated by classification. Click this link http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&...=276851&ck= to see the rankings I used. When you get there, click on "Tennesse High School Football Rankings".

I don't think schedule strength is that important; schedules are largely determined by location, and Trousdale cannot do anything about how weak some of the schools in the area are. I think how well a school does against tough compettion is a much better indicator of a team's potential than how bad it defeats weak teams.

If I am evaluating a team's potential to defeat another team, I would definitely consider results against common opponents. After that I would throw out the weak teams that were defeated by 30-40-50 points or more. The scores aren't meainingful anyway, because the starters don't usually play much in the second half. I would compare their records against strong teams. In this case it looks like the top teams that TC beat were (on the average) ranked higher than the top teams Oneida defeated. I would also consider home field advantage. I would rather play Oneida on the Creekbank, but the location has been predetermined, and I am not sure how many points advantage this is for Oneida; it may be enough to make the difference in winning or losing.

Both Trousdale-Watertown games were played at Trousdale. That certainly is an advantage over traveling the distance Oneida traveled to play them. However, I don't know if you know this, but TC scored 42 points against Watertown in one quarter. The score could have been much worse than 52-14.

I used all 13 opponents in my analysis instead of just the regular season games. You can bet the coaches on both sides care much more about the results of the playoff games than they care about Oneida's game against Oakdale and TC's game against RBS. I think you should use all the data you have when evaluating a team's potential, and that includes playoff opponents and results.

I don't make predictions about who will win a game, and I certainly don't know who will win this game. Personally, I think the stats and previous results favor TC, but what happens if something on the dressng room wall really fires up Oneida or TC players before the game? the coach makes an exceptional motivation speech before the game and/or at half-time? it rains? a key player is injured early in the game?, etc.? And again, how much is the home field advantage worth? I don't see how anyone can predict with confidence which team will win this game.

I like your style OFP. The only problem I have with your assessment is throwing out games that were blowouts. Oneida took a Greenback team that most considered to be in the top 5 or 6 in the state and absolutely dismantled them. By your alls assessments TC and SP are on a whole different level than Oneida or Greenback. Well, if this is true, then Oneida doing that to Greenback would be similar to if TC had Mercy ruled SP.

I think the top two teams in 1A football are playing this week on the east side... and last week the top 4 were.

I personally just can't wait for this game, but no more posts from me. I have to drive a ways so I'll be ready for that.

Oneida 17

TC 10

So far the score predictions of this game are based on where you live...

ok, fair enough, I live in Mt. Juliet, 3 hours from Oneida, 1.5 from Hartsville.

So heres an outsiders view..... and I dont mean to stir the pot, buts lets be for real!

Oneida will be lucky to score tonight, but I will give them 6, T.C. 32 Oneida 6...Now, its said, lets play football.

Boys, the game will have its ebbs and flows. Don't get lost in the heat of it all....you have a good (great, imo) coaching staff. They will get you through the rough spots. You have a whole region rooting for you because of the way you have represented yourselves this year. Lot of Pride coming from that comment. Papa Kaz will be sitting by the radio......give him something to smile about! (but then, you already have!)

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kazam /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />