Henry County at Hillsboro

Shortstop15

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we not just say that they are fast football players and let that go. There are enough college offers on the field between the two schools to send a small country to college. This game will be fast hard hitting and exciting. Both teams will be ready and may the best team win.

Amen to that! I am certain that all of us will agree on this! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

So, Henry County hosting the semifinal game in consecutive years was because of TSSAA changing the rule after the 2006 season and therefore benefitted from the prior setup and the current setup. Gotcha. Thanks for the explanation. Who knows what their reasoning is for changing it, but whatever.

I think the quarterfinal round used to be done the same way as rounds 1 and 2. Now, the quarterfinals and semifinals are going to be done the same way. Certainly makes it a little more difficult for a single team to receive home field advantage all the way through until Murfreesboro.

THis has been the rule for awhile. Quite a few years. I don't know why they hosted 2 years in a row. Unless they were in a different region each of those years which would have changed which side of the bracket they were on. I haven't really kept up with Henry Co., but didn't they used to be in region 6. If so then that is exactly what happened. but like I said this has been the rule for longer than that. The only rule change was in 2A because they had to go to 9 regions.

THis has been the rule for awhile. Quite a few years. I don't know why they hosted 2 years in a row. Unless they were in a different region each of those years which would have changed which side of the bracket they were on. I haven't really kept up with Henry Co., but didn't they used to be in region 6. If so then that is exactly what happened. but like I said this has been the rule for longer than that. The only rule change was in 2A because they had to go to 9 regions.

When this was the topic of discussion last year, someone said there was some type of mistake and the only way for it to rectify itself was for the (H) to stay on the same side of the bracket two years in a row. As luck would have, it just so happened to be Henry Co. in the semis both years. I do not know any details or if it is true, but that is what was discussed on here last if I remember correct. Can anyone shed some light on this?

so from what i hear HC is bringin up 10 buses of fans for the game friday night, is that true haha?

I doubt it will be 10 but that would be great. I'm drivin but I think more ppl will drive this week since its a holiday. Last week there were 3 bus loads of fans and a lot of ppl drove. And I heard those 3 buses were completely full.

BurroBall

How good is the the Hillsboro Defense??

If you were to grade the performance of Hillsboros D-Line, LB's and DB's what would you give them each??

Making it to the Final Four im sure you would give them a great report card!......Which I dont believe I would give Henry Co. anything below an A-... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

40 times are over rated. When I was coaching I cared about who could run the ball fast on the football field and who could catch a guy who was running fast on the football field. I didn't give a ---- about how fast a guy could run the 40!

40 times are over rated and they alone do not get you into college...but...every kid wants to have the fastest time and they have lots of fun with it, it's still used alot to determine different placements of players, and will always be talked about.

Saying that....when anyone gets on here and talks about 40 times...nobody can control someone getting on here and saying Teague or Gordon are faster than anybody in the world /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

My point they do matter, are used, and need to be talked about...

Chris Johnson will tell you they matter.....Who wants you and how much money you make /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

BurroBall

How good is the the Hillsboro Defense??

If you were to grade the performance of Hillsboros D-Line, LB's and DB's what would you give them each??

Making it to the Final Four im sure you would give them a great report card!......Which I dont believe I would give Henry Co. anything below an A-... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I would definitely grade our overall defense either a "B+" or an "A-". I tend to say the secondary is the strongest unit just ahead of the linebackers, but make no mistake the d-line can and will get after it. They aren't intimidating with their size, but they will hit their opponents in the mouth and make sure they know they were just in a fight once the game is over. The group has a lot of HEART and determination.

This game will come down to whichever team plays the best defense....everyone knows what these offenses are capable of, but the defensive play of both teams will be the "x-factor".

Hillsboro's defense held a good MBA team to only 1 offensive touchdown.

Ive seen the MBA team this year they are quite huge up front...and always talented...Seen where they had one of the best D-lines in the nation as well....

Last year they had Chris Jordan..which is now at Alabama??

I believe 4A has to be the most exciting football in the state!