Marion County @ Alcoa

mchs51

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Boeck needs to take a Bible and read the story of David and Goliath to pump his players up because we know the odd's aren't in Marion's favor but that's why the game is played and hope that by some chance a big upset will happen. Go warriors from your friend in South Pittsburg that will be sitting at home this Friday cheering for you!!

Just believe Marion i have another good feeling about this one this team has that little spark that just gets them through those tough games If you doubt yourself you will never win everyone has to have the same faith in their teammates and i have the faith maybe we will the story on the way to the game on the bus

Sounds to me like Delmar has gone and changed his name..... Whatcha think? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

PurpleGrad tha onlee Delmar eye know sold me a '64 BonnieVille a few yeer ago out next two tha airport ..............That wuz befour eye got my favritt veehickull....Nellie Belle........... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Marion-Jasper will keep this one closer than some think. I took a look at Alcoa'a roster and they appear to be young this season. Could someone from Alcoa confirm this for me, but isn't this Alcoa's weakest team out of the past 5? I don't see a roster full of Division I players this season like I have seen the past few years. I think this Alcoa team survives on defense rather than scoring at will on teams. I will take Alcoa 28-7 in this one.

From someone who has played them for four years--yes, I think this is Alcoa's "weakest" team in a while but---They are still very, very good. Their D is very, very fast. We have a good QB with a very good arm--he can't throw the same passess against Alcoa's db's that he can the rest of the year, including BB and Loudon. Offensively, they are not as good as when Cobb and Lanxster (sp?) were there but they still have excellent athletes at TB(best we faced). Sam T at WR is great. Great place to play, fans are generally respectful and fair. Missing the hamburgers and fries though will bad--I save may cholestoral diet for the week when we play there. Don't come intimidated or you will be down fast. They are younger-only 10 seniors I believe so they are loaded up with some very talented "younger" players. Good luck to both but we'll be rooting our Region, so go Tornados

Marion-Jasper will keep this one closer than some think. I took a look at Alcoa'a roster and they appear to be young this season. Could someone from Alcoa confirm this for me, but isn't this Alcoa's weakest team out of the past 5? I don't see a roster full of Division I players this season like I have seen the past few years. I think this Alcoa team survives on defense rather than scoring at will on teams. I will take Alcoa 28-7 in this one.

Alcoa is very young this season, but we will also be losing 12 seniors as well. The thing is our Tornadoes are deep! We don't have that big-time homerun threat like we've had in years past and we don't have a roster full of players like Joei Fiegler, Brandon Warren, Dustin Lindsey, Logan Love, Rae Sykes, Kyrus Lanxter, Chris Shiverdecker, Bart Hicks, Randall Cobb, Brian Sommer, or Troy Hodge. What we do have is a deep lineup with smart and gifted athletes, perhaps not with the offensive firepower of past Alcoa teams, but definitely the best defensive unit.

Oh yeah, we're not completely talentless this year. I would say we have at least 3 future D-1 athletes on our roster in SS/WR Sam Thompson, FB Taharin Tyson, and our 6'4, 260 lb. TE/DE and Mr. Football finalist Tyler Robinson. Marion fans will probably be seeing the best player they've seen all year with Tyler. Great strength, smarts, hands, and speed for his size makes his services wanted by many schools nationwide.

Just believe Marion i have another good feeling about this one this team has that little spark that just gets them through those tough games If you doubt yourself you will never win everyone has to have the same faith in their teammates and i have the faith maybe we will the story on the way to the game on the bus

Hey Mclovin, I know a few players on Marion County's team and Ill say again...I BELIEVE BECAUSE THE TEAM BELIEVES.....I have had faith in this team from game 1. Lets go gettem boys....hitem hard and often and lets see how super human they really are...... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Great Yr for Marion....but.... Ya'll got beat by a 1A school COME ON. ALCOA will show you the LIGHT? Marion? Contenders or Pretenders. The Shady one says PRETENDERS.

Slimshady, please, who calls theirself that.lol That was 3 months ago and they were the defending champs of 1A so I don't want to hear anymore about that game, because this MC team is a different team. GO WARRIORS!!!

Hey Mclovin, I know a few players on Marion County's team and Ill say again...I BELIEVE BECAUSE THE TEAM BELIEVES.....I have had faith in this team from game 1. Lets go gettem boys....hitem hard and often and lets see how super human they really are...... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

They are just high school players like ours i hope the teams does not come out scared or it will be a long night

From someone who has played them for four years--yes, I think this is Alcoa's "weakest" team in a while but---They are still very, very good. Their D is very, very fast. We have a good QB with a very good arm--he can't throw the same passess against Alcoa's db's that he can the rest of the year, including BB and Loudon. Offensively, they are not as good as when Cobb and Lanxster (sp?) were there but they still have excellent athletes at TB(best we faced). Sam T at WR is great. Great place to play, fans are generally respectful and fair. Missing the hamburgers and fries though will bad--I save may cholestoral diet for the week when we play there. Don't come intimidated or you will be down fast. They are younger-only 10 seniors I believe so they are loaded up with some very talented "younger" players. Good luck to both but we'll be rooting our Region, so go Tornados

I have seen them for the last 16 years and this is not a weak Alcoa Team. Don't kid yourself there Marion County. I am pulling for you. I played in the Sequatchie Valley Conference back in the day. But this team is unlike any you have seen. Prepare for speed like you have never seen!!! Good Luck Friday. I will be there to root you on. But you had better get ready!!