Marion County @ Alcoa

mchs51

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the most confident I have seen Alcoas opponents this year with the exception of Maryville, and of course Goodpastures usual banter before finishing second. I really hope the game lives up to the expectations of the Marion fans. I want to see a good game, CAK gave us one maybe Marion will to. But I don't see it happening. Alcoa has not lost to a 2A team since November 29, 2003 when David Lipscomb beat us in the Semis. Alcoa will be back in the Boro. I almost wish the game was away, Alcoa fans get more enthusiastic on the road and Smith County was a blast last time and I enjoy the trips.

Marionforlife, I can assure you Alcoa is not scared. Are you all a running team or a passing team?

Marion-Jasper will keep this one closer than some think. I took a look at Alcoa'a roster and they appear to be young this season. Could someone from Alcoa confirm this for me, but isn't this Alcoa's weakest team out of the past 5? I don't see a roster full of Division I players this season like I have seen the past few years. I think this Alcoa team survives on defense rather than scoring at will on teams. I will take Alcoa 28-7 in this one.

I wouldnt say this is alcoas weakest team at all. As a team they are better than they were last season, just not as explosive as they were with guys like cobb and hodge. When a team is winning games on an average of 44-3 then you really cant say they are weaker. Had it not been for alcoa shooting themselves in the foot against cak its probable they would have scored around 49 or so and last weak actually killed themselves again with a td called back last weak. They are usually very efficient on offense with their qb james completing over 70% of his passes for 1400 yds, 25 tds to 4 ints. Hes also ran for 6 tds and returned 5 punts for td. They are a team that shares the load running the ball (no rb on the team has over 80 carries) so you dont see a lot of mind blowing stats from alcoa. As someone mentioned before they do have a couple of kids that will play D-1 football ball and those guys are #3 sam thompson(offered by army and some others), tyler robinson(kentucky, bama, nebraska....) but nobody who will make an impact on that level like cobb, lanxter and warren. They do graduate 12 seniors but out of those guys only thompson, hickman, conner miles, and adrian womac will be big loss. The fb #2 tyson is a monster and he will probably play d-1 considering hes just a soph. But what you have with alcoa this season is a bunch of good high school players. Not many big names, just really smart, great character guys who are very good on friday nights. Alcoas reputation has helped them out on the field a lot this season. The fear factor played into the game with loudon. Alcoas reputation with speed caused loudon to try to punt away from alcoa all night and ended up giving alcoa amazing field position. Any teams best chance of beating alcoa not buying into the hype (CAK). Even when you look up and the score is 14, 21-0 alcoa, you cant stop playing.

Marion County Warriors Ride a Tornado

retold by

S. E. Schlosser

Edited by

Nohope

Now everyone in the East knows that Marion County could beat anybody. No team could whip them, no sir! Fact is, one time up Alcoa way they decided to ride them a Tornado.

Now Marion wasn't gonna ride jest any tornado, no ma'am. They waited for the biggest gol-durned tornado you ever saw. It was turning the sky Maroon and Silver, and roaring so loud it woke up the farmers away over in Maryville. Well, Marion jest grabbed that there tornado, pushed it to the ground and jumped on its back. The tornado whipped and whirled and sidewinded and generally cussed its bad luck all the way down to some little ole painted bridge. Tied the creek into knots, flattened all the forests so bad they had to rename one place the Comstock Stadium. But Marion jest rode along all calm-like, give it an occasional jab with their pads.

Finally, that tornado decided it wasn't getting these Warriors off its back no-how. So it headed North to Knoxville and jest rained itself out. Made so much water it washed out the Tennessee Valley. That tornado was down to practically nothing when Marion finally jumped off. They hit the ground running and didn??

Marion County Warriors Ride a Tornado

retold by

S. E. Schlosser

Edited by

Nohope

Now everyone in the East knows that Marion County could beat anybody. No team could whip them, no sir! Fact is, one time up Alcoa way they decided to ride them a Tornado.

Now Marion wasn't gonna ride jest any tornado, no ma'am. He waited for the biggest gol-durned tornado you ever saw. It was turning the sky Maroon and Silver, and roaring so loud it woke up the farmers away over in Maryville. Well, Marion jest grabbed that there tornado, pushed it to the ground and jumped on its back. The tornado whipped and whirled and sidewinded and generally cussed its bad luck all the way down to some little ole painted bridge. Tied the creek into knots, flattened all the forests so bad they had to rename one place the Comstock Stadium. But Marion jest rode along all calm-like, give it an occasional jab with their pads.

Finally, that tornado decided it wasn't getting these Warriors off its back no-how. So it headed North to Knoxville and jest rained itself out. Made so much water it washed out the Tennessee Valley. That tornado was down to practically nothing when Marion finally jumped off. They hit the ground running and didn??

Is that how far it is to Jasper ? I hate to say it , but it's gonna be a long , quiet ride back there Fri. night wondering what the heck was that ? Guess we now know what it's like to be caught up in the path of a tornadoe . GOOOOOOOOOO TORNADOESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

We have stood in the paths of Tigers, Dragons, Owls, and Buccaneers. Tornado's don't bother us the least little bit...and by the way, its a shorter trip to the Boro for us.(mileage anyways)

We have stood in the paths of Tigers, Dragons, Owls, and Buccaneers. Tornado's don't bother us the least little bit...and by the way, its a shorter trip to the Boro for us.(mileage anyways)

It may be a shorter trip, but we know the way by heart. I hope you are on here posting as soon as you have a safe trip back to Marion County following another Alcoa win. You will enjoy the atmosphere, and feel free to come see us in the Boro. It will be along week looking forward to this one.