Marion County @ Alcoa

mchs51

Heck, we turned the ball over to CAK about 4 times and still beat 'em by 14! Everybody's talking about how much Marion Co. has improved over the season; guess they're the only team that can happen to!

Hey, Warrior fans! Can those "whistles" play "Blinded by the Light"???

(Alcoa fans should understand that one, 'cause the night sky is gonna be lit up like the 4th of July!)

Whats that supposed to mean? All i hear coming from Alcoa is that they are the 4 time defending state champs. How do you get better. Marion County on the other hand has had two mediocre seasons prior to this one. The more improved team has to be Marion County.

Why is the sky going to light up like the 4th of July? You planning on celebrating the upset coming your way?

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats that supposed to mean? All i hear coming from Alcoa is that they are the 4 time defending state champs. How do you get better. Marion County on the other hand has had two mediocre seasons prior to this one. The more improved team has to be Marion County.

Why is the sky going to light up like the 4th of July? You planning on celebrating the upset coming your way?

I don't recall very many of us Alcoa folks coming on here gloating about 4 state champs. Every team is different, so you start off fresh at the beginning of the year, you don't just continue with the same players year after year! We don't, anyway. I don't know what the retention rate at MC is.

The sky lighting up: Just wait...you'll see.

Well every time we score there is a light show. Gurantee you see a light show more than we hear your whistle, unless you all start blowing it for meaningless first downs.

How can Alcoa get better, no one knows the answer. We just know that they have. We improve over the course of the season and our backups keep shutouts intact. Our defense speaks for itself. If it took 6 turnovers to put 7 on Boyds D then Alcoa is going to wake you all up to reality. How good is your D?

Your offense scored 21 against York, 18 against Smith County and 7 against BB. You won by 9,5, and 1. Alcoa is not any of these teams. Alcoa is not South Pitt. Alcoa lost to Maryville by 7, we have since improved.

Do you all run or pass?

thanks for the support

are you referring to the sirens as the little cousins?

MCL you wouldnt by any chance still have that lucky penny that i remeber you having that day before we were suppose to get demolished an instead won by ten points would you???

I hope the boys in Jasper are working harder than they have worked in there lives to go up against unbeatable unbreakable world beaters these Alcoa kids are...

The luck of the penny may be all we have going for us this week....

On a serious note no one gives you a chance boys an aint that the way yall like it?? Show them the definition of SCRAPPY this week and show them you have'nt come this far to give up just "because they say its impossible"....

I went back and read the thread about Alcoa-DCA last year in the semi-finals. DCA sounded a lot like Marion does now. We all know the outcome of that. The powerful DCA met a shutout. Alcoa will be 100% focused on Marion and they will be ready. Is it still only Monday?

This thread is the same thing we've heard for the past 4 years (oops, did I say that??!). Same song, different verse. This team is very special, IMO. Not really any big "stars", just high school boys playing together unselfishly as a team. The boys keep their mouths shut and let their playing do the talking.

go up against unbeatable unbreakable world beaters these Alcoa kids are...

Uh, we are beatable and we know it...we lost to Maryville.

This thread is the same thing we've heard for the past 4 years (oops, did I say that??!). Same song, different verse. This team is very special, IMO. Not really any big "stars", just high school boys playing together unselfishly as a team. The boys keep their mouths shut and let their playing do the talking.

Yes and all this "Marion is gonna get whipped and shutout" is all we have heard this year and look at how good that has worked. We are in the Semis with the Mighty Tornado's. Funny, I'm starting to really love this underdog status.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yes and all this "Marion is gonna get whipped and shutout" is all we have heard this year and look at how good that has worked. We are in the Semis with the Mighty Tornado's. Funny, I'm starting to really love this underdog status.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You all have heard that all year and we have claimed to be the best in 2A all year and predicted that we would dominate 2A teams and we have yet to be wrong. Who's streak ends? Not ours. I think BCS may be close with the score. If the weather is dry and our offense clicks the game will be out of hand by halftime. Marion County cannot go score for score, they have to stop us. I know Alcoa can stop them.

We held White House to 3 points. Here is what White House has done this year.

Fri Aug. 29 at Portland W 35-17

Fri Sep. 5 Alcoa L 3-28

Fri Sep. 12 at Springfield W 43-7

Fri Sep. 19 at Macon Co. R W 38-6

Fri Sep. 26 Beech W 24-20

Fri Oct. 3 Sycamore R W 40-29

Fri Oct. 10 Pearl Cohn R W 44-8

Fri Oct. 17 at DeKalb Co. R W 49-35

Fri Oct. 24 at Station Camp R W 21-20

Fri Oct. 31 Greenbrier R W 52-14

Fri Nov. 7 East Ridge 3A Playoffs W 39-0

Fri Nov. 14 DeKalb Co. 3A 2nd Round W 42-20

Fri Nov. 21 Station Camp 3A Quarterfinals W 35-12

Fri Nov. 28 at Knoxville Catholic 3A Semifinals

Only 4 teams have held Alcoa under 42 points. CAK, Loudon, Maryville, and Whitehouse.