Oakland @ Ooltewah

ImaOWL

And also, I just want to say hats off to Oakland. They were a better team and proved it tonight out on the field. They didn't have great success from running it right at Ooltewah but Precious was able to get outside on those sweeps and make a living. Oakland was huge and so physical and Ooltewah just got whipped up front.

The biggest thing for the Owls is that they have so much speed at the skill positions but they couldn't get the ball to the receivers tonight. One because they had no time and the pressure from Oakland was great. But two because the Owls QB could not make the throws when he had too, and missed alot of receivers tonight. Oakland was by far the best team the owls have played. I was very impressed with their running back who had great size and was deceivingly fast.

I have heard from several people that if the Owls won tonight that they would have a tough time beating Franklin because they were so good and physical, but i have a hard time believing that they could be more physical that this Oakland team. Great Job.

And Great crowd you all brought out tonight. Hats off to you. Good Luck.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unreal oakland changes coaches and they are in the state championship team after having 3 wins last year congrats to oakland on making it back to state and be sure to send RIVERDALE a christmas card

Congrats O'land....went to the East and showed 'em....better get ready though Franklin's a mid-tenn team.

Ooltewah has never and will never play private schools from anywhere. Thats how it has been for as long as I remember. The administration doesn't want to because half of the kids that play for local private schools in Chattanooga are probably suppose to be at Ooltewah therefore, Ooltewah won't play them. And the normally aren't that great anyway, with the exception of a few years, one being when that BJ Coleman led team beat Riverdale. The reason Ooltewah only plays 9 games is because no one in Chattanooga or East TN for that matter will play them because they don't want to lose. They would rather just take an easy win against a different opponent than play Ooltewah. Thats why Ooltewah has to go into Mid TN to find teams to play. And I think Ooltewah actually plays Franklin next year. Thats why Ooltewah won't play private schools and why they only play 9 games.

That is their choice to play 9, but if they are usually not that good why not play them for the win. I guess this is only in football though.

Ooltewah has never and will never play private schools from anywhere. Thats how it has been for as long as I remember. The administration doesn't want to because half of the kids that play for local private schools in Chattanooga are probably suppose to be at Ooltewah therefore, Ooltewah won't play them. And the normally aren't that great anyway, with the exception of a few years, one being when that BJ Coleman led team beat Riverdale. The reason Ooltewah only plays 9 games is because no one in Chattanooga or East TN for that matter will play them because they don't want to lose. They would rather just take an easy win against a different opponent than play Ooltewah. Thats why Ooltewah has to go into Mid TN to find teams to play. And I think Ooltewah actually plays Franklin next year. Thats why Ooltewah won't play private schools and why they only play 9 games.

Maybe I'm missing something. Can others follow this logic?

Seems to me if the in-town privates aren't that good and are "recruiting" kids from your zone, you'd gladly play them and beat them soundly, thus nipping the practice in the bud.

On another topic, you had to know there were going to be posters on here taking shots at the Ooltewah QB (the coach is old and out of touch too, right?). From what I listened to he was continually pressured, got very little help from his receivers and maybe even less from the running game. In addition the Ooltewah defense couldn't stop a 1-dimensional offense, while the special teams were dominated by Oakland. Sounds like a thorough team loss.

by the way for the first time all season oakland have a total of 0 penalties

They took an intentional delay of game at the end of the 3rd quarter....remember before the punt

Anyway, I was really worried about the Ooltewah defense I had read about on here, but as I expected Region 4 is just so much tougher than Region 1, 2, and 3 that it paid off big time tonight. When that guy said he didn't like Oakland's chances if their strength was running the ball, I was really worried, but Oakland had their way with Ooltewah all night, 200+ rushing yards. Congrats to the Patriots and it will be one heck of a game about 3 miles from campus next Saturday night!

As for the Ooltewah QB, it looked to me like he had a great arm, but wasn't getting any time to throw the ball, he was ducking, or side stepping rushers, or getting laid on his back much of the night.

Great crowd for OHS tonight, and the Ooltewah people I dealt with were nice people.

What can I say, just an absolutely dominating in all facets of the game from Oakland. Offensively, Oakland established dominance on the right side of the line and it was there all night long. Didnt have a consistent, grinding run game, but certainly had our fair share of big runs that lead to touchdowns.

Seems like the defense keeps stepping it up a notch with each passing game. Never gave the Owls any chance whatsoever to get back into the game as they register their 2nd shut-out of the season.

Special Teams, namely BJ Nelson, may have been the difference maker in this game. Time and time again he gave Oakland great field position time and time again. Very Special night all the way around, and especially in welcoming the team home. It has been a long time coming for these Oakland fans and this Oakland Alum.

Wow!

Congrats to Oakland on a great win. I expected the Patriots to win but not such a dominatng performance.

The championship game next week should be a super game. There was a time earlier this year when I expected Franklin to win the gold ball pretty easily. I might be ready to change my pick on that one.

Can't help be be happy for the seniors at oakland that have been through so much. Way to go guys!

Seems to me if the in-town privates aren't that good and are "recruiting" kids from your zone, you'd gladly play them and beat them soundly, thus nipping the practice in the bud.

On another topic, you had to know there were going to be posters on here taking shots at the Ooltewah QB (the coach is old and out of touch too, right?). From what I listened to he was continually pressured, got very little help from his receivers and maybe even less from the running game. In addition the Ooltewah defense couldn't stop a 1-dimensional offense, while the special teams were dominated by Oakland. Sounds like a thorough team loss.

Nobody said anything about the coach at all, i think he s brilliant......if it s makes you feel better the REC S dropped passes that could ve been caught maybe......... and the QB had some bad throws, it s obvios you didnt see the diff in the kids on the line and the running backs for both teams YOU GOTTA LINE like Oaklands you can be 1 dim, the RB s are big and fast and just wore out the right side of Owls def.......Owls got beat all over the field and there s no way around it. Cletus you sure dont mind pointing the finger at all the other kids and positions on the field so why are you taking up for the QB who does no wrong??????????????????

The whole point is Ooltewah will never play private schools. Not for an easy win, not to beat the kids that should be at Ooltewah. The administration just won't let them play private schools, I am sure alot of the players would love too. Therefore, none of the other public schools in Chattanooga or East TN will play them because they don't want to lose, they would rather have an easy win against a different opponent, so Ooltewah only plays 9 games.

Ooltewah has never and will never play private schools from anywhere. Thats how it has been for as long as I remember. The administration doesn't want to because half of the kids that play for local private schools in Chattanooga are probably suppose(d) to be at Ooltewah therefore, Ooltewah won't play them. And the normally aren't that great anyway, with the exception of a few years, one being when that BJ Coleman led team beat Riverdale. The reason Ooltewah only plays 9 games is because no one in Chattanooga or East TN for that matter will play them because they don't want to lose. They would rather just take an easy win against a different opponent than play Ooltewah. Thats why Ooltewah has to go into Mid TN to find teams to play. And I think Ooltewah actually plays Franklin next year. Thats why Ooltewah won't play private schools and why they only play 9 games.

Too bad about Oakland.

Some seriously convoluted reasoning. Also. didn't realize that students belong to the public school system.