DII State Championships Played on a Tuesday

WarriorFan

I see the thread got moved to a lesser used board which supresses the amount of people that see it who may have interest in the subject. My I ask the moderators why? This thread is about DII State Championships being played on TUESDAY!!! It is not about what the other board is about, which it is affectionately called being sent to the little known board "Public-Private Debate"......THIS IS NOT A DEBATE!

The post is found here... http://tennessee.coacht.com/boards/index.p...howtopic=185025

THIS IS ABOUT KIDS BEING SHAFTED FOR PLAYING IN DII!!!

THIS BOARD IS NAMED "4A-5A-DII" SO IT IS RELEVANT!!!

As much irrelevant stuff I have seen posted on this board over the years, this topic deserves discussion. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> It should not be put in a little used area of CoachT.

The game is in two days, and it appears a great topic right now on what the parents, players and fans think of this treatment. It would also be interesting to hear how DII folks are dealing with the logistics.

This IS a DII Subject!!!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see how they are getting so shafted, they still get to play for a state championship, that's what it's about. Not the size of the crowd or the time they are playing, or that they have to miss school, because the kids certainly aren't worried about how many days they have to miss.

My final football game was a 9th grade championship game, played on a Saturday night, with a high school stadium filled to capacity. The atmosphere is a great deal of what I remember from the game; it is something I relish.

The young men playing in the middle of a work day are missing much of the atmosphere that they have earned and deserved. They're kids; they're not stupid. They know that they got a garbage time slot: most of them didn't even play at such an inconvenient time when they were in middle school. "Shafted" is probably not the right word, but the right one would get us banned from CoachT, so let's just go with that one.

Put another way, if it matters so little, why not play all the championships in the middle of the week?

I don't see how they are getting so shafted, they still get to play for a state championship, that's what it's about. Not the size of the crowd or the time they are playing, or that they have to miss school, because the kids certainly aren't worried about how many days they have to miss.

My kid loves school and do worry about missing school.I'm sorry that yours doesn't.

I see the thread got moved to a lesser used board which supresses the amount of people that see it who may have interest in the subject. My I ask the moderators why? This thread is about DII State Championships being played on TUESDAY!!! It is not about what the other board is about, which it affectionately called "Public-Private Debate"......THIS IS NOT A DEBATE!

The post is found here... http://tennessee.coacht.com/boards/index.p...howtopic=185025

THIS IS ABOUT KIDS BEING SHAFTED FOR PLAYING IN DII!!!

THIS BOARD IS NAMED "4A-5A-DII" SO IT IS RELEVANT!!!

As much irrelevant stuff I have seen posted on this board over the years, this topic deserves discussion. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> It should not be put in a little used area of CoachT.

The game is in two days, and it appears a great topic right now on what the parents, players and fans think of this treatment. It would also be interesting to hear how DII folks are dealing with the logistics.

This IS a DII Subject!!!

As long as the topic stays on topic it will remain on this board. Otherwise, it won't.

As long as the topic stays on topic it will remain on this board. Otherwise, it won't.

Thank you... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

OK, guys....the thread is staying as long as it remains on topic.....

For all that want to discuss or vent.....have at it!

Those that keep up with TN HS Football go to CoachT.com, so tell us how you feel about this matter...

CoachT says to "go for it"!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

It is not just about the kids missing school and that they have earned the right to get that atmosphere mentioned in a previous post. What about the parents who have earned the right to see their kid play in the state championship? Think of all the time they spent carting their kid back and forth to practice.... the years they spent on the sideline cheering their kid on while they move up through the ranks. Then come to find out that their son makes it to the state championship game only to find that it is in the middle of the day on a weekday. Some people can't afford to take the time off from work or don't have the days left to take off. I'm sure that it would mean as much to the student athlete to have their parents there cheering them on.

Another poster mentioned that the game would be televised. Is that true? I know the semi-finals were not televised and they could not get a live feed to watch it while being played.

It is not just about the kids missing school and that they have earned the right to get that atmosphere mentioned in a previous post. What about the parents who have earned the right to see their kid play in the state championship? Think of all the time they spent carting their kid back and forth to practice.... the years they spent on the sideline cheering their kid on while they move up through the ranks. Then come to find out that their son makes it to the state championship game only to find that it is in the middle of the day on a weekday. Some people can't afford to take the time off from work or don't have the days left to take off. I'm sure that it would mean as much to the student athlete to have their parents there cheering them on.

Another poster mentioned that the game would be televised. Is that true? I know the semi-finals were not televised and they could not get a live feed to watch it while being played.

The TSSAA has not carried the game on any broadcast in YEARS....ever since the DII division was formed. The DII championships have NEVER been on TV, so I don't think they would start now. If so....I am literally shocked.

WOW....and I guess all that matters in sports is having fun... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> It DOES matter....it matters to every family who has a kid that is playing in the game....it matters to the ability of the student bodies of the Memphis teams especially going to the game....it matters that these schools administrations MAY not think it is in the best interest of the students to shut down to attend the game during a school day......it matters that the cheerleaders and their families may not be able to go.....it matters alot!!! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

B100 I understand the point you making but most schools across the state are OUT on Wednesday. Gallatin used to get out early for away games that went past the mid state. I do however wish TSSAA would at least broadcast the games so people like me who enjoy High School Football could at least view the game without having to go to the Boro.