Whitwell Tournament-Grundy, Bledsoe, Franklin Co.

greenwheel

Anyone know how good Franklin Co. is?

Grundy beat them Monday night in Winchester by 3 in a tough game.

Indian- Grundy has had leads and then let them get chipped away late in the game in all three of their first games so it's not a surprise they did against Hamilton. I believe the girls will slowly correct this problem as the season goes along. We seem to be pretty diverse this year. Of course that's when we've been our best when we've been that diverse.

DL.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I don't expect any reply, this thread and its in depth analysis as well as the schools and excellent posters have done one of the best jobs of tournament cioverage of this event that I have seen, no matter the sport. Sequatchie, Bledsoe, etc, posters know how its done and carry a deep respect and model of what the rest of us should do. I'm impressed and after trying to get done what you are doing, I'm very hard to impress. you and a group from around Memphis, i.e., PhilTenn, and the group around Cookeville, 7A and 7AA and the group in District 13AA carry this to its best along with the group in District 3-4.. Congrats.

Grundy beat them Monday night in Winchester by 3 in a tough game.

Indian- Grundy has had leads and then let them get chipped away late in the game in all three of their first games so it's not a surprise they did against Hamilton. I believe the girls will slowly correct this problem as the season goes along. We seem to be pretty diverse this year. Of course that's when we've been our best when we've been that diverse.

DL.

Noticed Grundy didn't have a 3 pointer in the box score. That's very rare isn't it? The Grundy I know is shoot shoot shoot.

Grundy Co. Has an excellent freshman.

Ah, master of the short post. Good to see you around wingman!

Grundy lost all their 3 shooters to graduation last year but I'm sure that a couple will step up and become 3 shooters. I haven't had a chance to watch them this year but from what I saw last year I know at least one that can already. They just have to start shooting it to build their confidence.

I have been watching Grundy for just a few years...ever since Woodlee has been coaching. This team this year is different as far as shoot, shoot, shoot. Like goldmom said, last year their 3 point shooters were outstanding...had about 3 of them that could hit anytime from anywhere. This year I do not see them needing it. On Wednesday, they did not need it. The freshman #24 is one of the best post players I believe in the area. They just need to feed it to her. She was taking it to the big girl from Hamilton Heights and then popping to shoot outside. I believe she ended up with 29 or something like that. One thing that did disappoint me is Grundy's fans. I know you have fairweather fans everywhere. I am not from Grundy...just like to watch good basketball. I sit up a few rows from some parents (I am assuming) and did not like their attitude toward the team and the coach. They only cheered for a couple of kids...probably their own kids. Whispering and just bad mouthing the coach. I believe if I was 5-0 and had a coach that cares about their kids...you can tell she does...I believe I would keep my mouth shut....But, hey it is a free country to speak your mind. I just bet those same parents don't speak it to the coach. I know for sure it was not #24 parents b/c they do not like this kid. Sad, sad in sports. Tomorrow night I will not sit behind these parents.

Good luck to Grundy. I never attended Grundy, but just like their style of play.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

Anyone who can score 29 points for my favorite team is on my like list. Grundy has been needing a good inside player for a while. Sounds like they have a good one now. I hope that i can get out to the game soon.

That is how it should be. When it is your team and you have a player playing like she is playing, cheer her on. I believe you will like this team when you watch them. A little different like I said than in years past. I am going to try and watch more of them this year. Friday versus Whitwell should be a good game I believe.

I have been watching Grundy for just a few years...ever since Woodlee has been coaching. This team this year is different as far as shoot, shoot, shoot. Like goldmom said, last year their 3 point shooters were outstanding...had about 3 of them that could hit anytime from anywhere. This year I do not see them needing it. On Wednesday, they did not need it. The freshman #24 is one of the best post players I believe in the area. They just need to feed it to her. She was taking it to the big girl from Hamilton Heights and then popping to shoot outside. I believe she ended up with 29 or something like that. One thing that did disappoint me is Grundy's fans. I know you have fairweather fans everywhere. I am not from Grundy...just like to watch good basketball. I sit up a few rows from some parents (I am assuming) and did not like their attitude toward the team and the coach. They only cheered for a couple of kids...probably their own kids. Whispering and just bad mouthing the coach. I believe if I was 5-0 and had a coach that cares about their kids...you can tell she does...I believe I would keep my mouth shut....But, hey it is a free country to speak your mind. I just bet those same parents don't speak it to the coach. I know for sure it was not #24 parents b/c they do not like this kid. Sad, sad in sports. Tomorrow night I will not sit behind these parents.

Good luck to Grundy. I never attended Grundy, but just like their style of play.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

Every team everywhere has a set or two of those parents. There's always parents that are only worried about how many their kid scores and how many headlines they get. There everywhere and on both boys and girls teams. Most teams survive the nonsense.

I don't think it will be problem for this group. This Grundy group looks special. I think we could see big things. I can't wait to see some more action and hate it that my life schedule doesn't allow me to go to every game.

DL.