Alcoa vs Milan

owcoa

Hey bulldoggfan, sounds like me and you are on the same page. Good luck on Friday but not to much. ya hear.

i hear ya i just try to have fun we did that on the goodpasture thread last week had lots of laughs from both sides to me the bottom line is we think we will win u all think u will win and that is the way it should be i think some just take it too personal

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a game comparison and breakdown I've come up with. I don't know a lot about Alcoa's skill players, so it is not too specific. But it is based on numbers and facts, for as much as I could try.

OFFENSE - Draw (Alcoa 42.4 ppg, Milan 40.5 ppg)

Could go with Alcoa here, because the Tornadoes have scored more than 40 points in seven games. In fact, they have scored more than 50 in six of those games. But Milan has put up nearly 5000 yards of total offense this year, too. The Bulldogs have QB Justin Coleman (1951 yards, 23 TD) and RB Jobronski Gilbert (1545 yards, 31 TD) so they deserve the credit.

DEFENSE - Alcoa (Alcoa 4.4 ppg, Milan 15.1 ppg)

Hey, giving up 15 points per game is pretty impressive, Milan - especially when you've given up a touchdown or posted a shutout in six games. But I've got to give the nod to the Tornadoes, who are giving up just 4 points per game. They've given up seven points or less in 11 games. And in 11 games against AA opponents, they've given up an average of 1.9 points. They've had eight shutouts, as well. Amazing.

COACHING - Alcoa

Coach Morris and his staff do an outstanding job at Milan. They are leading the Bulldogs to the state championship game for the third time in 13 years. The program is a top-five contender in AA every year.

Coach Rankin's stats speak for themselves. He will be coaching in his eighth title game in this decade and for the 12th time in a championship game since 1993. He strengthened Riverdale into a 5A powerhouse (four titles, five runner-up finishes) and has continued the winning tradition at Alcoa.

INTANGIBLES - Alcoa

Milan is playing for the fifth state championship in school history. Only an elite list of nine programs (Alcoa and Maryville included) have more gold balls in the trophy case. It's their first trip to play in Murfreesboro and the biggest game for Milan since this year's seniors were in third grade - the Bulldogs' last title game was in 1999. They have, quite possibly, the strongest football tradition in rural West Tennessee.

Alcoa is playing for their fifth straight AA championship, sixth this decade and eleventh in school history. They're very comfortable at Floyd Stadium. The Tornadoes' average score in the past four title games was 43-15.

VEry classy post, seems very unbiased to me. Thats a great rundown , i belive its gonna come down to Our D being able to handle their O Line , its gonna be a low scoring, battle in the trenches all night long. Bring your coats and blankets fans , its gonna be a long night

Exactly! Go back to the Goodpasture thread. We were all banting back and forth in good fun. A large majority of this thread hasn't been in good fun. BCS specifically said his point on here was to aggravate Milan fans. I get on here to poke back and forth but when something goes on for 30 somthing pages...it gets to a point where I don't even want to get on here and support CoachT...all because of your arrogance!!

You keep pointing out the Milan Westview 17-14 game...guess what that was still a WIN! How bout we talk about Maryville and how you STILL can't beat them!!!

You can say "you couldn't either" all you want...but truth is. WE DON'T PLAY THEM SO NO ONE KNOWS FOR SURE!!

See, if i use your way then i could laos state that you couldnt beat Wartburg cause you dont play them , but we all know you could , right? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

this all works both ways