Alcoa vs Milan

owcoa

Here is a game comparison and breakdown I've come up with. I don't know a lot about Alcoa's skill players, so it is not too specific. But it is based on numbers and facts, for as much as I could try.

OFFENSE - Draw (Alcoa 42.4 ppg, Milan 40.5 ppg)

Could go with Alcoa here, because the Tornadoes have scored more than 40 points in seven games. In fact, they have scored more than 50 in six of those games. But Milan has put up nearly 5000 yards of total offense this year, too. The Bulldogs have QB Justin Coleman (1951 yards, 23 TD) and RB Jobronski Gilbert (1545 yards, 31 TD) so they deserve the credit.

DEFENSE - Alcoa (Alcoa 4.4 ppg, Milan 15.1 ppg)

Hey, giving up 15 points per game is pretty impressive, Milan - especially when you've given up a touchdown or posted a shutout in six games. But I've got to give the nod to the Tornadoes, who are giving up just 4 points per game. They've given up seven points or less in 11 games. And in 11 games against AA opponents, they've given up an average of 1.9 points. They've had eight shutouts, as well. Amazing.

COACHING - Alcoa

Coach Morris and his staff do an outstanding job at Milan. They are leading the Bulldogs to the state championship game for the third time in 13 years. The program is a top-five contender in AA every year.

Coach Rankin's stats speak for themselves. He will be coaching in his eighth title game in this decade and for the 12th time in a championship game since 1993. He strengthened Riverdale into a 5A powerhouse (four titles, five runner-up finishes) and has continued the winning tradition at Alcoa.

INTANGIBLES - Alcoa

Milan is playing for the fifth state championship in school history. Only an elite list of nine programs (Alcoa and Maryville included) have more gold balls in the trophy case. It's their first trip to play in Murfreesboro and the biggest game for Milan since this year's seniors were in third grade - the Bulldogs' last title game was in 1999. They have, quite possibly, the strongest football tradition in rural West Tennessee.

Alcoa is playing for their fifth straight AA championship, sixth this decade and eleventh in school history. They're very comfortable at Floyd Stadium. The Tornadoes' average score in the past four title games was 43-15.

That's a real nice breakdown of the game. I pretty much agree with everything. Good post nwtnsports, that very informative. The key factor for Milan is, how will they respond in the championship game. Alcoa has been here the last four years and you touched on it. They feel very comfortable at the BORO.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He will take you up on it I am pretty sure. Did you know he won the 'big ones' contest by a landslide last year?

He knows his stuff, even if he looks like the kid you beat up for milk money in grade school.

It must have been the playoff contest - cause I won the regular season last year. Got me a 4 years plus membership out of the deal and a couple of really big t-shirts.

Get ready APB - I am trying to get some good material ready for you

He's probably (not 'prolly' you steakheads) running errands for his wife right now.

He will take you up on it I am pretty sure. Did you know he won the 'big ones' contest by a landslide last year?

He knows his stuff, even if he looks like the kid you beat up for milk money in grade school.

Way to stick up for your brother

It must have been the playoff contest - cause I won the regular season last year. Got me a 4 years plus membership out of the deal and a couple of really big t-shirts.

Get ready APB - I am trying to get some good material ready for you

It was...he told everybody about it.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You better get started...I already have about a touchdown lead and it's only Monday.

And in photoshop farking this year, I am 14-0....I beat Maryville like a drum. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Until now, you didn't know high school football was played in December! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

As a matter of fact, you haven't posted on a football board since Sept 4....until now.

I guess you enjoy trolling. Go back to the (girls) basketball boards where you belong poser.

What's funny is that you love to dish it out but when someone gives it to you, you take offense to it.

Yes I am just trolling because I am a high school sports fan, never have much to say for football because it isn't my thing, but not being a "poser" just making unbiased observations.

Still hoping for that tie so I can enjoy another week of trolling and posing on this thread.......

I have a clue huf, your a hater and can not stand that I have all Alcoa's state titles on display. From the start, it got under your skin. Well that's tough............Alcoa has won 5 state championships since Milan did it in 1999. And that eats at you that I display it. You want all of us Alcoa fans to have big time respect for Milan. Yea, We respect for geting to the championship and the rest will have to come on the field. That's all the respect Milan has earned so far.

From your first post, I knew you had a "chip" on your shoulder and was simply a HATER. It was then I knew I could play you like a fiddle! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Actually I like how you have the state championships on your posts. What I don't like is the fact that you penciled in this year's trophy before the season started. I hate that. If that makes me a hater, then I'll wear it.