Alcoa vs Milan

owcoa

I just don't see how this Alcoa team can be as good as those in the recent past. When you lose great all american talent like Cobb, Warren and Lindsey over the course of a couple of years that has to have an impact. I know the Robinson kid is an outstanding player and will go D-1 but I am guessing the rest of the team is made up of really GOOD high school players. Cobb is what made you guys last year, although you did have other talent on the field. I guess what I'm saying is what will prevent us from stacking the box and shutting down you running game? Can your QB take the game in hand and win it? Has he had to at anytime this year? The game will come down to the line play for both teams. If Milan wins the battle of the lines than this game will go to Purple. Alcoa's just seems to be a little one dimensional to me. JMHO.

Alcoa has defiantly played/ or shown to be one dimensional in the play-offs, but not during the regular season? The last three play-off games the opposing teams would line up with 5 men line and pull the LB's in very tight and Coach Rankin would STILL call an off tackle "up the gut" run play. The offense did not pass very much at all? But the point,........even when teams continued to see run after run play and totally adjusted to the run, again with 5 men fronts, Alcoa could still gain 3-5 yard a pop. Basic smash mouth football....5 yrds and a cloud of dust. That's not the style of football Alcoa has won championships in the past. But, Alcoa has never had the depth to play this type of physical "you can not stop us" run game that they now have. The way Alcoa rotates linemen and players and runs right at you is typical of what Rankin did a Riverdale. In the play-offs I think Rankin was simply testing how physical the run game could be if needed. Alcoa still avg. over 30 points plus per game, but was not near as explosive as they are when they run and throw. I think you'll see the passing game back into the play calling for the "ship" With that, they should be hard to stop. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

If not, Alcoa will make up for it by bringing the best defensive group to Murfreesboro in the last 5 years! Including teams that held Goodpasture to 3 points in 2007, 3 points in 2006, and 13 points in 2005.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The stats seem to be a dead heat...

Passing

Chase James (Alcoa, senior, 6-2, 190) - 71 percent passing, 1,514 yards, 28 TDs, 5 INTs; also - 301 yards rushing, 5 TDs

Justin Coleman (Milan, senior, 6-2, 220) - 67 percent passing, 1,823 yards, 20 TDs, 6 INTs; also - 384 yards rushing, 5 TDs.

Rushing

Jaron Toney (Alcoa, junior, 5-9, 165) - 116 carries, 846 yards, 18 TDs

Taharin Tyson (Alcoa, sophomore, 5-11, 230): 84 carries, 779 yards, 8 TDs

Jobronski Gilbert (Milan, junior, 5-10, 195) - 248 carries, 1,495 yards, 31 TDs

Receiving

Sam Thompson (Alcoa, senior, 5-11, 180) - 30 catches, 663 yards, 9 TDs

Tyler Robinson (Alcoa, junior, 6-2, 240) - 37 catches, 552 yards, 16 TDs

Tristian Peoples (Milan, senior, 5-6, 160) - 31 catches, 575 yards, 6 TDs

Defense

Tyler Robinson (Alcoa, junior, DE, 6-2, 240) - 85 tackles, 12 for loss, 9 sacks

Avery Williamson (Milan, junior, 6-1, 215) - 92 tackles, 10 sacks

But bottom line, I expect Alcoa's defense to shut down Milan's running game.

I do not think Milan can do the same.

Score prediction tomorrow morning.

Good breakdown - You QB has more Td's than I thought he did. He must do a good job at managing the game as our's does also. He does seem to be a little erractic in his accuracy. We can play man to man with any of your recievers I think. If your QB doesn't put it right on the money in stride I like our chances. We will have to double your TE I'm guessing. He really looks to be a hoss. This game is going to be close!!! Within 14 one way or another but more than likely within 7 points.

Passing

Chase James (Alcoa, senior, 6-2, 190) - 71 percent passing, 1,514 yards, 28 TDs, 5 INTs; also - 301 yards rushing, 5 TDs

Justin Coleman (Milan, senior, 6-2, 220) - 67 percent passing, 1,823 yards, 20 TDs, 6 INTs; also - 384 yards rushing, 5 TDs.

Rushing

Receiving

Defense

Milan's QB has 1951 passing and 25 TD's, Gilbert has 1545 rushing. Not that much I know, but hey they worked for those yards.

But it's 2008, and Milan has already sent Goodpasture to an early basketball season.....

Lets face it BullDawgGirl03, this GP team was not even close to the last three they had. Even the GP fans will tell you that. They had a very young team this year. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Passing

Rushing

Receiving

Defense

I find it interesting Milan only has one 5' 6" WR with descent receiving yardage?

Lets face it BullDawgGirl03, this GP team was not even close to the last three they had. Even the GP fans will tell you that. They had a very young team this year. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Most of them waited to tell us that until after the game. Before that, a lot of people said don't let their record fool ya. People said that they would give us all we wanted. They do have the best back in the state. Comparatively speaking, we shut him down. You guys are the best until someone beats you, but I believe that some of your are drastically underestimating the Bulldogs. I'm sure you think that we are doing the same, but in less than 32 hours we will begin to find out who is right.

Most of them waited to tell us that until after the game. Before that, a lot of people said don't let their record fool ya. People said that they would give us all we wanted. They do have the best back in the state. Comparatively speaking, we shut him down. You guys are the best until someone beats you, but I believe that some of your are drastically underestimating the Bulldogs. I'm sure you think that we are doing the same, but in less than 32 hours we will begin to find out who is right.

Why wait 32 hours I already know who is right,

Me like always. Milan will be defated by a significant margin, because Alcoa is a much more talented team, don't let Alcoa's first half statistical comparisons fool you.

Good breakdown - You QB has more Td's than I thought he did. He must do a good job at managing the game as our's does also. He does seem to be a little erractic in his accuracy. We can play man to man with any of your recievers I think. If your QB doesn't put it right on the money in stride I like our chances. We will have to double your TE I'm guessing. He really looks to be a hoss. This game is going to be close!!! Within 14 one way or another but more than likely within 7 points.

Our TE is very good and if you double team him, then it will be a long night for Milan. The thing about Alcoa is they take what they are given. Doubling the TE opens up other things for the offense. That's what makes Alcoa so dangerous. If you concentrate on one thing we beat you with something else. Plus if know one is watching Chase, he will take off with it. Sam Thompson will also be a threat, especially if you man up. I believe Milans best option will be to play zone or man with safety help. That's just my opinion.

But it's 2008, and Milan has already sent Goodpasture to an early basketball season.....

You keep talking about living in the present, yet, in one of your posts you stated:

Just remember in '98, everyone picked Milan as the underdogs. They won the 2A championship. In '99...they moved to 3A and won the championship

Yes, it is 2008...I feel the breezes picking up!

Looks like the stats are similar, but I noticed that there's only 1 player/position from Milan where there is 2 from Alcoa.

It comes down to depth...

It may be close until the 4th quarter, but then you'll see the depth take over and Alcoa is the state champs once again!