4A State Championship Game

FBEmeritus

I am not sure that I would say that Hillsoboro does not have a chance because of what happened two years ago-

I never stated or implied HHS does not have a chance. As a matter of fact, I have stated that they are a great team and this will be a good match-up. My reference to the past was stating that Maryville has a chance and has proven that we can deal with speed and talent.

As far as who is the best...we will find out Saturday between the Burros and Rebels. Sorry to hear about your $20.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I repeat...Maryville will not have a clue how to deal with Hillsboro's speed. Hillsboro will run away with this one just like 2001,2002, & 2006....oh wait, Maryville won those games. I expect it will be a very good game and I have a great deal of respect for the Hillsboro program but give the Rebels a little credit...I think they have earned it.

HHS will not score 35! If you believe that you have no clue about Maryville's defense. They have allowed an average of 8 pts per game....mostly scored late in the game. I can only think of 1 big play all season and that was by Cleveland.

with respect to MHS you do play in a cupcake region so that 8 pts a game does not matter

with respect to MHS you do play in a cupcake region so that 8 pts a game does not matter

That's not respect...that is looking for a way to dis-credit Maryville's success. If you want to try to discredit, then find a lame excuse like cupcake region but don't say it is with respect.

BTW...Maryville gave up 9 pts to non region teams...once again, mostly late in the game.

/hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> I was in attendance last Friday night and will tell you with all honesty that Hillsboro was a three tounchdown better team that Henry Co..Henry County had the size to compete, but did not have the speed demonstrated by Hillsboro. Maryville having been there and done that, will be one hard cookie to beat. I do feel that Hillsboro has the best chance to defeat Maryville next Saturday and this is based upon the speed they possess. Maryville will not be able to match up with the Burrors and will lose this one by 10 to 14 pts. HILLSBORO PLAYING IN THE DISTRICT THEY PLAY IN AND THE DIFICULTY DURING THE PLAYOFF GAMES WILL PROVE TO BE TOO MUCH.

That's not respect...that is looking for a way to dis-credit Maryville's success. If you want to try to discredit, then find a lame excuse like cupcake region but don't say it is with respect.

BTW...Maryville gave up 9 pts to non region teams...once again, mostly late in the game.

Why does this cupcake thing contnue to come up, who do we have to beat? We beat, Central..William Blount....Greenville....Who do we have to beat to impress you people?

Are you saying that we don't play anyone all year long Like Ohio state & that is why we are so fresh at the end?

MHS82 is right, we will run alll over Hillsboro.

Hillsboro will be faster then Maryville, but I think maryville has the size advantage and they will be very disiplined like they always are. This game will be alot closer then the Maryville fans think. The O's will both out up points its up to the defenses and Hillsboro's Defense is very fast. Teague couldnt move around the pocket and run around like he always does. only run he had was1st play for 64 yards, after that nothing.

I never stated or implied HHS does not have a chance. As a matter of fact, I have stated that they are a great team and this will be a good match-up. My reference to the past was stating that Maryville has a chance and has proven that we can deal with speed and talent.

As far as who is the best...we will find out Saturday between the Burros and Rebels. Sorry to hear about your $20.

You said you were sorry to hear about his $20.00 do you not think the other guy will pay?

Why does this cupcake thing contnue to come up, who do we have to beat? We beat, Central..William Blount....Greenville....Who do we have to beat to impress you people?

Are you saying that we don't play anyone all year long Like Ohio state & that is why we are so fresh at the end?

MHS82 is right, we will run alll over Hillsboro.

Hey Bladerunner,

A good source told me that Stanton will be back next year and the Booster Club is giving him a raise. Is that true?

Yall be cool now.

Yall won't run all over Hillsboro. Hillsboro's very capable of running all over yall

Bladerunner is from Oak Ridge and he jumps on Maryville threads and trys to stir things up. I can assure you that Maryville has all the respect in the world for Hillsboro and nobody from Maryville expects to run over anybody. It should be a hard fought game between two good football teams.

See you saturday

Rebel9

hhsfootballan 22,

Have you seen Maryville play? I have not seen HHS play so I won't be so presumptuous as to make any predictions other than my desire for a Maryville win. I think you must know a great deal about Maryville based on your astute observations about Maryville's size and lack of speed.

Praying for a great game with no injuries.