4A State Championship Game

FBEmeritus

hillsboro runs a spread offense, production on the season is nearly 50/50 run-pass.

Shut up dude! LOL! Let Maryville fans think we run the Wing-T still...they will be VERY surprised when we score on a TD pass.

Yeah, HHS is very balanced on offense not unlike Maryville. Running or passing, HHS can do both just as well. It should be a very exciting game to see.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be mark young. He doesn't even start. He's backup.

speaking of qbs named young, has anyone heard any updates on greg young's status? i never really heard anything other than he was injured, showed up to the HC game a little late, and was puzzled by his absence. keith perry admirably led the team to victory, and im sure he'll be ready to go if GY cannot.

speaking of qbs named young, has anyone heard any updates on greg young's status? i never really heard anything other than he was injured, showed up to the HC game a little late, and was puzzled by his absence. keith perry admirably led the team to victory, and im sure he'll be ready to go if GY cannot.

From what I heard is that he tore up his throwing hand with some torn ligaments or something like that and is going to be out for a while. So I think Perry will be the starting QB Saturday.

Maryville will win by 2 touchdowns. I think it will be very fitting for them to win a championship and continue the streak before the Z-plan is implemented next year.

Go Rebels!

So, I guess you think Maryville would have theoretically beaten Henry County by 3 touchdowns or so. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

So, I guess you think Maryville would have theoretically beaten Henry County by 3 touchdowns or so. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I think if Henry County had played as poorly as they did in the Hillsboro game as they might have against Maryville, then definitely so. You cannot expect to win a game when you do not execute and make that many fundamental errors. We deserved to lose that night.

As someone who was at every single Henry County game, home and away, I have to say that Friday night's attempt was one of their weaker games, if not weakest. It was so eerily odd to see them not execute like they had all year long. Even after a rough start against Melrose (a team I thought Hillsboro greatly resembled, imo) and Fairley they started clicking again. I just stood in disbelief all night that they couldn't get on track.

on a sidenote: this talk of how horrible and overrated HC was this year deeply sickens me. They finally have a bad game (albeit the most important!) and out from the woodwork comes all these disgusting ad hominous attacks against the players, coaches, and fans. I wish they would have showcased their talents better and won that night, but you can't change the past. Friday night WAS NOT the shining example of BIG RED football this year. Unfortunately for some posters (especially on the Tennessean) hitting, stabbing, and spitting on Goliath while he was down was more important. Sad, very very sad.

I think if Henry County had played as poorly as they did in the Hillsboro game as they might have against Maryville, then definitely so. You cannot expect to win a game when you do not execute and make that many fundamental errors. We deserved to lose that night.

As someone who was at every single Henry County game, home and away, I have to say that Friday night's attempt was one of their weaker games, if not weakest. It was so eerily odd to see them not execute like they had all year long. Even after a rough start against Melrose (a team I thought Hillsboro greatly resembled, imo) and Fairley they started clicking again. I just stood in disbelief all night that they couldn't get on track.

on a sidenote: this talk of how horrible and overrated HC was this year deeply sickens me. They finally have a bad game (albeit the most important!) and out from the woodwork comes all these disgusting ad hominous attacks against the players, coaches, and fans. I wish they would have showcased their talents better and won that night, but you can't change the past. Friday night WAS NOT the shining example of BIG RED football this year. Unfortunately for some posters (especially on the Tennessean) hitting, stabbing, and spitting on Goliath while he was down was more important. Sad, very very sad.

Coincidentally, HHS is also the best team Henry County played all year.....Teague was the only player who HHS's defense didn't completely shut down. Honestly, without the long touchdown run and kickoff return he wouldn't have even stood out.

I'll give you a comparison, Maryville hasn't won 6 out of the last 7 4A State Championships because they have better talent than HHS, Melrose, or Maplewood.

Coincidentally, HHS is also the best team Henry County played all year.....Teague was the only player who HHS's defense didn't completely shut down. Honestly, without the long touchdown run and kickoff return he wouldn't have even stood out.

I'll give you a comparison, Maryville hasn't won 6 out of the last 7 4A State Championships because they have better talent than HHS, Melrose, or Maplewood.

no, it goes back to execution, which is something HC didn't do. play calling was less than exceptional as well.

i'm surprised we didn't utilize the passing game more. haley, sims, tharpe, and mcferren are usually good receivers.

with the exception of a kicking game, Melrose was very similar to Hillsboro. Not only did they have speed, they had size as well.

anyway...Maryville still will win.

no, it goes back to execution, which is something HC didn't do. play calling was less than exceptional as well.

i'm surprised we didn't utilize the passing game more. haley, sims, tharpe, and mcferren are usually good receivers.

with the exception of a kicking game, Melrose was very similar to Hillsboro. Not only did they have speed, they had size as well.

anyway...Maryville still will win.

Yep, similar in talent maybe...did you notice why Henry County wasn't executing...HHS didn't allow them to. HHS has heart that Melrose apparently didn't have. HHS had their starting QB get injured in the 1st quarter and overcame the adversity and refused to let Henry County win.

Btw, as a Henry County supporter, I'm surprised you wouldn't prefer your team lose to the eventual State Champions if they have to lose, but to each his own I guess. I guess we'll see ya'll next year.

the enemy of my enemy is my friend /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

plus, if we don't have the chance to beat them, i'd rather them win anyway. i was just going to be happy if we had the chance to play... *sighs*

I understand that....all I wanted at the beginning of the year (once I found out about the reclassification) was to see HHS get one final chance to beat Maryville for the state championship. If HHS does get beat again, I can live with it as long as our boys play their best. Plus, a 4th silver ball is hardly something to be ashamed of.