4A State Championship Game

FBEmeritus

Congratulations Hillsboro. 4A State Champs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Super run, great season Maryville......Ya'll put Tennessee football on the map!

While I was pulling for Hillsboro, as a Tennesseeian (sp?)-- I'm very impresed & proud of Maryville TENNESSEE's accomplishments!

It's truly incredible to be able to win as many State Titles as Maryville, back-to-back no less!

A real Tennesseean would know how to spell it... /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> I am proud of the Rebels for their achievements. Congrats to HHS for a hard fought win.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I wanted to see both gold balls come back to BC...Im glad that Alcoa finally has some sort of victory over maryville as we're the only team to win 5 straight. I feel real bad for the Rebs though

as great as alcoa is year in and year out..they have absolutley NO sort of victory 'over' Maryville. their winning 5 straight shows nothing but their dominance over 2-A teams..they have lost 8 straight to the Rebs I believe... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

as great as alcoa is year in and year out..they have absolutley NO sort of victory 'over' Maryville. their winning 5 straight shows nothing but their dominance over 2-A teams..they have lost 8 straight to the Rebs I believe... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I agree. They have bragging rights over the 5 straight, but I don't see how that is any sort of victory over Maryville. But really how much can you brag about that? 5 vs 4 in the last 5 years. Both are outstanding programs.

Maybe so, but they are still the ONLY team in Tennessee history to win 5 straight State championships.......Congrats to Hillsboro and to Maryville both for great seasons

Congrats to the Borros!

Gordon is the real deal, but IMO Hughes won that game for Hillsboro. Maryville did not have an answer for him all night long. I don't know if anyone is looking at him at the next level, but he was very impressive today.

The Burros wanted it more and made the plays to win it. Job well done.

Now, now, Hank49. You're letting your lack of class show. Only an insecure person brags about a 1,500 student school beating a 500 student school. Suppose Alcoa had 1,500 students. Do you think Maryville would still have won 8 in a row?

A real Tennesseean would know how to spell it... /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> I am proud of the Rebels for their achievements. Congrats to HHS for a hard fought win.

On most "West Tennessee" threads, people say Memphis is "Memphis" and not "West Tennessee" (as if Memphis, TENNESSEE is in Middle or East Tennessee?). If the rest of the state generally feels ashamed to claim Memphis as its own, should we expect its inhabitants to know how to spell "Tennessean"?

(sp?) acknowledges he may have been wrong in the spelling. Cut him some slack. He's a great poster with a ton of knowledge.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You're right, TrueRebelFan.

------------------------------------------------

I guess I dun spentit too much time in Mississippippiissippi, lately!!

For the sake of my Magnolia-State friends, I sho-nuf hope that i dun spelltit thuurr State name corrcetcly.

Otherwise, I'm is about to run of of States to calldid my home! Befoe u know it, my old Oklahooma and Kansisas homies gon' disown me too!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Now, now, Hank49. You're letting your lack of class show. Only an insecure person brags about a 1,500 student school beating a 500 student school. Suppose Alcoa had 1,500 students. Do you think Maryville would still have won 8 in a row?

I wasn't bragging....only stating a fact..indeed Alcoa still has no victory over Maryville just because they won 5 straight...I hope they win 10 straight...sir/mam you do not know what type of class i have...and i darn sure am not insecure...i have no dog in this fight...just an observer /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Tough luck Maryville wish you could have pulled it out. I thought if anyone would beat you it would be Alcoa. Wrong! Maryville really hurt themselves all night long. I can't understand why they didn't call a timeout with 42 second left with 2 timeouts? Before that they tried the fumble rusky???? That was a 3rd and 2 or 3. Didn't understand that one at all? The one thing that really puzzled me was, Maryville lined up to kick a field goal and ended up taking a delay of game penalty. Quarles looked like he knew they needed to hurry but didn't call timeout. Why didn't he call a timeout?? It hard to question George Quarles but this wasn't his finest game. Again congratulation to Maryville on a historic run and another good season.

I also want to congratulate Hillsboro on a great game. The defense really played great for Hillsboro. I thought # 53 should have gotten the defensive MVP. He was all over the place for Hillsboro.