Jo Byrns vs Trousdale County

bigreid

I agree completely sb38 too much smack talk by a bunch of so called adults, who are talking about a kid's game.(After all they are our kids) I hope whoever is victorious Friday night and i do think it will be JB, will show more classs than most of what has been posted on this board

TC A GREAT TRADITION OF WINNING CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES. NOBODY CAN DENY THE SUCCESS THEY HAVE HAD. TC IS TO 1A FOOTBALL LIKE NO OTHER TEAM. JBS HAS MADE THE COMMUNITY PROUD AND ROBERTSON COUNTY CITIZENS HAVE REALLY BEEN GREAT IN BACKING JBS IN PLAYOFF GAMES OVER THE LAST FEW YEARS.

IT DOES SEEM ODD, HOWEVER, THAT A SATTERFIELD IS NOT THE HEAD COACH. TIMES CHANGE

I DO HAVE A NEGATIVE COMMENT TO MAKE, BUT I AM GOING KEEP IT TO MYSELF AND HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PLAYERS, COACHES, FANS, OR EVEN THE SMACK TALKERS. I WILL CONGRATULATE TC ON A WISE DECISION CONCERNING SCHOOL ON FRIDAY

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, until you've been there don't open your trap. Tell RBS to quit going for it on their own 15-yard line and punt, quit calling timeout, and tell them to simply make a tackle on a simple trap play or a sweep play against freshmen. We need to get the stat sheet from that night and look to see where each drive started and how long each drive was. I'm sick of hearing people like you. Like TC went in and said they were going to try and get 100 or something. That 90 point barage was as much RBS's fault as TC's. The starters played six snaps.......six snaps. What does that freshman supposed to do when he takes a little trap play and they won't tackle.......fall down? I wouldn't, you wouldn't, and no other kid would go down. I guess TC should have punted on 1st down and not let those kids play. On a closing note; TC asked RBS if they wanted to run the clock in second half.......RBS answer - "NO". TC asked if they would like to play 8-minute qtrs........RBS answer - "NO". Hey big boy....You play coach and it's 50 or so at half and you asked these questions and you have gotten these answers. What would you have done? Tell me exactly what you would have done to prevent it. GOOD DAY!!! I now hope TC drops 50 this weekend. You might as well take everything. Nobody will like you either way.

Hey, I saw where you were from Clarksville. You didn't play on that Clarksville Acad. team that TC beat in '97 title game did you? You know, where they tried a FG at the horn of a 49-0 game. TC blocked the FG and I guess they should have let them just try a friendly kick? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

i played for jo byrns. and i would have taken the responsiblity to not humiliate them publicly by beating them by 90. a 50-0 game looks like a solid beating. 90-0 just makes you look bad and the whole state knows you ran the score up. i would rather keep my integrity thank you. that is the same as being in a fight and beating someone to death rather than holding back and just winning the fight. i would have had a little self control. same with conservationism. as humans our unchecked expansion would drive almost every species on the planet to extinction. it would be simple natural selection. yet we take the responsibility as the superior race to hold ourselves back for the benefit to the weaker species. i would do the same in football. my team would be superior and because of that i will hold myself back to thier benefit. but thats just me.

i played for jo byrns. and i would have taken the responsiblity to not humiliate them publicly by beating them by 90. a 50-0 game looks like a solid beating. 90-0 just makes you look bad and the whole state knows you ran the score up. i would rather keep my integrity thank you. that is the same as being in a fight and beating someone to death rather than holding back and just winning the fight. i would have had a little self control. same with conservationism. as humans our unchecked expansion would drive almost every species on the planet to extinction. it would be simple natural selection. yet we take the responsibility as the superior race to hold ourselves back for the benefit to the weaker species. i would do the same in football. i am superior and because of that i will hold myself back to thier benefit. but thats just me.

I agree with self-restraint in a hand to hand fight. I agree with you. But what would you have done as a coach? Take the TC name out of it. What would Coach Adkins have done? He is a great ambassator for the game. By the way so is you baseball coach. I really like that dude. But what would Adkins have done strategy-wise? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

By the way....we gain nothing by playing them in football. We would rather not have them on the schedule. We loose any way you look at it. So why would we want to run it up? We know there is NO gain. I'm going to pitch-fork some chicken. It is supper time. I now know why Mike Hamilton hired Lane Kiffin. Without a doubt, UT has the hottest coach's wife in the SEC. WOW! Talk about eye candy for a recruit. Does she go on recruiting trips with him? Now I know how he locked down California recruits. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

i played for jo byrns. and i would have taken the responsiblity to not humiliate them publicly by beating them by 90. a 50-0 game looks like a solid beating. 90-0 just makes you look bad and the whole state knows you ran the score up. i would rather keep my integrity thank you. that is the same as being in a fight and beating someone to death rather than holding back and just winning the fight. i would have had a little self control. same with conservationism. as humans our unchecked expansion would drive almost every species on the planet to extinction. it would be simple natural selection. yet we take the responsibility as the superior race to hold ourselves back for the benefit to the weaker species. i would do the same in football. my team would be superior and because of that i will hold myself back to thier benefit. but thats just me.

and I bet you have a poster up in your room. "The Speaker of the house".... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I agree with self-restraint in a hand to hand fight. I agree with you. But what would you have done as a coach? Take the TC name out of it. What would Coach Adkins have done? He is a great ambassator for the game. By the way so is you baseball coach. I really like that dude. But what would Adkins have done strategy-wise? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

coach adkins is awesome! and so is coach carlilse, he was my wellness teacher and I really got along with him. but really the only experience we had where we couldn't help but score was in 05 when i was a junior. we were playing nashville christian i think and we scored 35 in about 6 minuites. then we put in the freshmen and they scored. then coach would punt right when we got the ball and try 50 yard field goals and stuff like that. even gave them the chance to score sometimes by downing it on fourth down to give them the ball in our territory. he just gave them every chance to make it a close game. it was great experience for our punter though. his in game punt average went up by 10 yards after that game. so it wasn't completely useless.

By the way....we gain nothing by playing them in football. We would rather not have them on the schedule. We loose any way you look at it. So why would we want to run it up? We know there is NO gain. I'm going to pitch-fork some chicken. It is supper time. I now know why Mike Hamilton hired Lane Kiffin. Without a doubt, UT has the hottest coach's wife in the SEC. WOW! Talk about eye candy for a recruit. Does she go on recruiting trips with him? Now I know how he locked down California recruits. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

yeah. its a lose, lose situation. darned if you do and darned if you don't. running up the score is bad and so is holding back. just pick your evil. one is just as bad as the other.

and I bet you have a poster up in your room. "The Speaker of the house".... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

no posters. but i do have glow in the dark stars on my ceiling. is that close enough?

i haven't seen her. what is the new coaches name?

Hey SEVEN could you spare me a few bucks for a cup of warm joe Friday? I spent all of my allowence on trying to get that Mr. Football video on my computer. By the way, how is your brother-in-law feeling after pouring creamer on his salad? How about a smooth pinch of quality Cope? I am glad you and your tag-a-long friend from the Boro didn't allow those cops from Oneida to slap you down. How do you get that driver around on cold days for those 300-yard drives? /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

Well, just been catching up on the thread and haven't really post too much this week. First I would like to congradulate JB on finally making it to the big show. You've been so close in the past, just soak it all in. It is truely a wonderful experience that will never be forgotten. I appreciate all the respect given to us earlier in the thread.

Should be a great game. Both teams have excellent defenses, so it should be low scoring. I will say the same thing I said in Oneida last week, "if JB is better than the last (two) team(s) we've faced, we're in trouble."

My one question is this... CPR4U, how can you get on another thread and say Alcoa is going to win because they are Alcoa, but when an outsider from TC/JB gets on here and say the same thing about us, you get offended? History plays a role, like it or not.

As far as the driver goes, I just got it in me. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well, just been catching up on the thread and haven't really post too much this week. First I would like to congradulate JB on finally making it to the big show. You've been so close in the past, just soak it all in. It is truely a wonderful experience that will never be forgotten. I appreciate all the respect given to us earlier in the thread.

Should be a great game. Both teams have excellent defenses, so it should be low scoring. I will say the same thing I said in Oneida last week, "if JB is better than the last (two) team(s) we've faced, we're in trouble."

My one question is this... CPR4U, how can you get on another thread and say Alcoa is going to win because they are Alcoa, but when an outsider from TC/JB gets on here and say the same thing about us, you get offended? History plays a role, like it or not.

As far as the driver goes, I just got it in me. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

read my earlier post. im playin because of some posters on here disrespecting jb and the west. so i decided to take em on and defend my alma mater and the west. earlier in the thread i was the perfect image of respect and incite. but sometimes i like to get a little crazy and have some fun. some of the posters on here gave me a reason. and as far as alcoa goes one of my best friends plays for them and he keeps me informed. from the film he has seen he tells me it shouldn't be a problem. i really didn't want to say that i heard it from an alcoa player. so thats why i put that.

Actually the best way to get respect is to give it to others. Belittling a team and fan base because this is the first time that they have accomplished something special shows that some of the TC fan base doesn't deserve the respect that their championships have earned. I used to think that TC in the past couldn't help the crazy scores that they beat people by but now I wonder

38devils, I'm not belittling your team, school, fans. Just this particular poster that thinks we

owe him a living just because his team has made it to the finals. I have all the respect for

Jo Byrns, win or lose. This dude just needs to calm his statements down a mite, and not blow a

fuse just because some disagree with him. Certainly, there are some on here from TC that do

the same. I suggest they do the same. Likely neither will. There is an ignore check for this.

Looks like we'll both have to use it.

The point I was attempting to make with this poster, is the fact that the West bracket has

not proven successful vs the East over the years in the title game. This is not, & not intended

to be, putting Jo Byrns down. Point was/is, when the West achieves dominance over the East,

then get on the stump. Until then, wait until it happens, before you crow too loudly. This may

very well be your year to crow, but until then, the East still has bragging rights.

For what it's worth, In the event TC loses, I'll guarantee you this TC poster will give Jo Byrns

all the congrats you have earned. Feel free to pull this post back up & remind me if you like.

I wish you a safe trip, injury free game & great second place finish.

38devils, I'm not belittling your team, school, fans. Just this particular poster that thinks we

owe him a living just because his team has made it to the finals. I have all the respect for

Jo Byrns, win or lose. This dude just needs to calm his statements down a mite, and not blow a

fuse just because some disagree with him. Certainly, there are some on here from TC that do

the same. I suggest they do the same. Likely neither will. There is an ignore check for this.

Looks like we'll both have to use it.

The point I was attempting to make with this poster, is the fact that the West bracket has

not proven successful vs the East over the years in the title game. This is not, & not intended

to be, putting Jo Byrns down. Point was/is, when the West achieves dominance over the East,

then get on the stump. Until then, wait until it happens, before you crow too loudly. This may

very well be your year to crow, but until then, the East still has bragging rights.

For what it's worth, In the event TC loses, I'll guarantee you this TC poster will give Jo Byrns

all the congrats you have earned. Feel free to pull this post back up & remind me if you like.

I wish you a safe trip, injury free game & great second place finish.

nice! now im done. finally got a little respect. great post!

size means nothing. when i played i went up against bigger players and whooped em all night long. we went up against much bigger teams and whipped up on em. its how much you want it that matters. how much you are willing to fight. how mean you are. this is the state championship. you better believe that size won't matter to much. it wouldn't to me and it won't to them because i know em. i played with a lot of em. nordy, fleming, castleman, justice, bowler, shepard, etc.. they don't care if they are 6'5" 300 pounds. they will sock em right in their mouth. i would to. and i am proud to say that i taught them a lot of what they know and worked with them on their technique when i played. they made me better and i made them better and i have the upmost belief that they will dominate whoever is up against them.

And, how many times did you make it to the State, junior?