Oneida in 09

remade28

Us Mountain "Boys" are doing just fine Mr. MuleDung. Our QB was T. Slaven (Graduating) and our RB was Lewallen (Graduating). Sure those two are fine players and they will be difficult to replace, but I wouldn't deem the task to be impossible! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Now if the cupboard was completely bare we would have ourselfs in a little pickle, wouldn't we? Got a question for ya......can you name the last really poor RB at Oneida? Didn't think so.....?!?! How about QB.....any real stinkers you remember? er..........? Now the line was without question one of the strongest units on the team last year, and in practice who do you think they were throwing around. You guessed it......all those underclassmen that are a year stronger, faster, bigger, and I'd guess just a little ticked off enough to put a hurt on somebody else for a change! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> So.....Dung, while we have lost some fine players......I'd like to think that Coach Brew and his staff can sniff around and find a few more players that can do the job. We'll know next Fall now, won't we?!!!!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kazano /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Us Mountain "Boys" are doing just fine Mr. MuleDung. Our QB was T. Slaven (Graduating) and our RB was Lewallen (Graduating). Sure those two are fine players and they will be difficult to replace, but I wouldn't deem the task to be impossible! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Now if the cupboard was completely bare we would have ourselfs in a little pickle, wouldn't we? Got a question for ya......can you name the last really poor RB at Oneida? Didn't think so.....?!?! How about QB.....any real stinkers you remember? er..........? Now the line was without question one of the strongest units on the team last year, and in practice who do you think they were throwing around. You guessed it......all those underclassmen that are a year stronger, faster, bigger, and I'd guess just a little ticked off enough to put a hurt on somebody else for a change! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> So.....Dung, while we have lost some fine players......I'd like to think that Coach Brew and his staff can sniff around and find a few more players that can do the job. We'll know next Fall now, won't we?!!!!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kazano /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Not to graduation last years backups, did you not go into spring 4 or 5 player short from what you would have come out? and I forgot you lost your coach. nothing like starting over at the bottom

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Hmmmmm, let's see......we have Hutson, Woodard, Hood, Dirty, Stephens, and Hood II should become quite a ball player. (heard he can out run about half of them!) Looks like a good mix to me. By my math thats six quality ball carriers, and if Sexton doesn't return......well, thats the way the cookie crumbles. Blevins was a good player too, but remember he only saw a little significant action at QB. Either way, you can't say we don't have capable players that can produce the same results or better than he did. The linemen will have to produce as we go forward. but there is plenty of potential there as well. I really don't think your assessment is very accurate at this point because you are underestimating the quality of the other players still on the team. The coaching staff lost one coach, and T. Lambert is a very good coach.....no arguement about that, but we retain our OC and all the position coaches on the staff. Coach Brewster isn't lowering his expectations of the team at all. In fact, I'd bet he has the same drive and determination that TL has! Look us up in the Fall.....I'm confident we will rearrange the quality of your thoughts next season.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kaz /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

and I forgot you lost your coach. nothing like starting over at the bottom

Mulepup...We are FAR from starting over at the bottom.Let's just say we lost a step, but man-o-man I smell something a BREWing /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> and we should be back up to speed by the time season rolls around.

I hear you old mountain boys are having a rough time up there, lost your qb rb, and half your line in the off season.

We have nothing coming back...its awful...lost the only person in the whole entire world who knows how to coach football....

Just kidding...Indians are loaded. O Line...get to work! This could be a really, really fun year!

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Hmmmmm, let's see......we have Hutson, Woodard, Hood, Dirty, Stephens, and Hood II should become quite a ball player. (heard he can out run about half of them!) Looks like a good mix to me. By my math thats six quality ball carriers, and if Sexton doesn't return......well, thats the way the cookie crumbles. Blevins was a good player too, but remember he only saw a little significant action at QB. Either way, you can't say we don't have capable players that can produce the same results or better than he did. The linemen will have to produce as we go forward. but there is plenty of potential there as well. I really don't think your assessment is very accurate at this point because you are underestimating the quality of the other players still on the team. The coaching staff lost one coach, and T. Lambert is a very good coach.....no arguement about that, but we retain our OC and all the position coaches on the staff. Coach Brewster isn't lowering his expectations of the team at all. In fact, I'd bet he has the same drive and determination that TL has! Look us up in the Fall.....I'm confident we will rearrange the quality of your thoughts next season.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kaz /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hey Kaz,

Sexton will be good to go in July. Easily an All State LB or RB. Take your pick. The coaches really got some good tape on a lot of lineman. Boys who didnt START last year but PLAYED a ton last year. Just have to put the pieces of the puzzle together. Glad Professor Wright is back to assist!

The line (including all the centers) need to just be more consistant. If they want it and work hard....Oneida goes a very a long way.

Big thanks to Hardin Valley. Great folks down there. Tough squad going into a hard season. I will be rooting for them.

I was very happy with what i saw, a monster D and with a little more time a very explosive Off. not bad for a first scrummage. new o line new Qb which looked really big and strong. , and best of all no one seriously hurt. back to the weight room we go.

Dirty has a broken tibia left leg to see Dr.Robbins this week. Thats all i have heard of

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> There is a little bird in the air?!?! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I love the smell of Spring......such renewed optimism in the air! What could possibly make this off-season any more fun. Peace Brothers from the Kazataini Kolmani!

I bid every little brave good tidings and much blessings from the Big Kahuna in the Sky! He will rain down on you! Book it!

Kazzy

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> There is a little bird in the air?!?! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I love the smell of Spring......such renewed optimism in the air! What could possibly make this off-season any more fun. Peace Brothers from the Kazataini Kolmani!

I bid every little brave good tidings and much blessings from the Big Kahuna in the Sky! He will rain down on you! Book it!

Kazzy

Man Kaz...One final thing on the scrimmage! The defense was swarming...the entire time. Sure, there were misseed assignments. By and Large...it was a non-stop wave of orange and white, all evening. I hope the boys take that fire into the summer. Fun to watch.

We have nothing coming back...its awful...lost the only person in the whole entire world who knows how to coach football....

Just kidding...Indians are loaded. O Line...get to work! This could be a really, really fun year!

We went against Morristown East and Volonter, both will be playing 5a in the playoffs, got plenty to work on but we held our own just fine. Hampton should be tough.

Doubt you will lose much ,if any With Brester, Heard he was quite the player in his day.

Smash, that is the word I hear on sexton, and as for the line they will be fine, Brewster had the same issue with the line a few years back and we see how that worked out. They will be bigger and stronger by fall, and this will be exciting with what Coach Wright is bringing to the table. I suspect he will use all the weapons at his disposal. Hey Pujo maybe we will get a play , But hopefully you get to come to Oneida